• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your ethnic background

Aqualung

Tasty
Let's see... I think this is right:

3/8 English. 2/8 German. 1/8 each of Lithuanian, Sweedish, and Norwegian.

And I think that's pretty close to exact. I don't think I have anything else mixed in there, even a little.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The one's I am aware of;
Irish, Scotish, and German from my mom's side.
English, Irish, Scotish, German, Cherokee, and mountain folk from my dad's side. I swear, my paternal grandfather's family just sorta one day appeared in the mountains of Kentucky and Tennessee.

gnomon

An update. I'm no longer 100% American.

I finally got a hold on some family history a cousin has researched. I guess I'm primarily "New American" for the past few hundred years but now I've got a trace back to England along two lines. One from probable Germanic or French origin considering my familial name. Another Cornish from an ancestor I've traced back to the 17th Century who has a decidely Celtic (Cornish) familial name of Chun.

I'm still trying to find out more from one of my 19th century ancestors who is claimed to have married a Creek. And one of my great-great grandmothers is Jewish.

Who has time for all this? The one thing I've been able to guess at is for the past three centuries the majority of my ancestors are from Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee...I'm a southern boy. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm directly related to John Lambert, Oliver Cromwell's general.

This geneaology stuff is neat but who has the time for researching all this? Other than the Mormons?

ayani

mostly english, french, and irish. though i identify as more irish-american than anything, as that is my mother's family's culture, and i grew up with the songs. i have a claddagh ring that i wear proudly. i can also sing you under the table. :D

Yoda

Jedi Master
Well German on my fathers side since 1729....my mothers side I have been told maybe Irish decent or Scottish/Irish have never really traced my mothers side.......

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
English/Scottish and a drop of Native American..

And my maternal side of my family has been here since the Mayflower.

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well German on my fathers side since 1729....my mothers side I have been told maybe Irish decent or Scottish/Irish have never really traced my mothers side.......

Dont ask me why I pictured you to be Asian..maybe it was Yoda making me picture you that way.. :confused:

Blessings

Dallas