• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favorite Jesus Movie

SaintAugustine

At the Monastery
Was it Max Von Sydow in the Greatest Story Every Told.
Jeffrey Hunter in King of Kings.
Ted Neely belting out those great webber/rice songs.
The tortured Willem Dafoe in Last Temptation of Christ.
Robert Powell as balanced Jesus in Jesus of Nazareth

or somebody else..what was your favorite Jesus Movie.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
"The Last Temptation of Christ" was a MUCH better book..... but the movie is good too on the off chance you won't be picking up the book anytime soon.

Part 1 on the play list:

[youtube]g-QFuf3hxY0[/youtube]
The Last Temptation of Christ- Part 1 - YouTube

This book drastically changed the way I saw things, but perhaps that is a topic for another thread.

All I can say is that it made me view things a lot differently from the way I read more allegorically to putting myself directly and deeply, into the Gospels and the Bible at large, after being drawn in and rode out the waves of the book's words. Nikos Kazantzakis is the man!

SaintAugustine

At the Monastery
"The Last Temptation of Christ" was a MUCH better book..... but the movie is good too on the off chance you won't be picking up the book anytime soon.

Part 1 on the play list:

[youtube]g-QFuf3hxY0[/youtube]
The Last Temptation of Christ- Part 1 - YouTube

This book drastically changed the way I saw things, but perhaps that is a topic for another thread.

All I can say is that it made me view things a lot differently from the way I read more allegorically to putting myself directly and deeply, into the Gospels and the Bible at large, after being drawn in and rode out the waves of the book's words. Nikos Kazantzakis is the man!

great..now I am gonna have to read the thing..which I understand is no easy read....

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
great..now I am gonna have to read the thing..which I understand is no easy read....

NK's style is a bit old... but of ALL his books I've read this one is on the easy side.
The plot isn't hard to follow since you pretty much know it and imo, it's just a matter of absorbing the point he's trying to lay out there. Also.. it's not that big if memory serves me correctly.

This is one of my MUST READ books for anyone who is on a spiritual trip.

4consideration

Premium Member
Years ago I saw a movie called, Joshua. (There's also a horror movie by the same name.)

It was not a retelling of the biblical accounts of the life of Jesus. Instead, it was a story of a modern-day Jesus arriving in small town in the U.S.

I liked it very much, as it was a simple presentation of a simple way of being -- including the benefits that simply Being Love brought to the community, as well as the difficulties that can arise when "authority over spirituality" seems to be challenged.

The portrayal of Jesus in the movie is very similar to the way that I picture him -- strong enough to be very gentle.

SaintAugustine

At the Monastery
Years ago I saw a movie called, Joshua. (There's also a horror movie by the same name.)

It was not a retelling of the biblical accounts of the life of Jesus. Instead, it was a story of a modern-day Jesus arriving in small town in the U.S.

I liked it very much, as it was a simple presentation of a simple way of being -- including the benefits that simply Being Love brought to the community, as well as the difficulties that can arise when "authority over spirituality" seems to be challenged.

The portrayal of Jesus in the movie is very similar to the way that I picture him -- strong enough to be very gentle.

I will check it out.