• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite things to grill + instructions.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
try some crab, get some nice dungeness crab, hope thats spelled right, rip the top shell off but save it, tear the mouth out, remove the airsacs, chop the body into pieces you desire, the brown goo is good, the red goo isnt, put the body parts in foil with some garlic, green onion and ginger, salt and pepper, maybe some butter, wrap, throw on grill. the top shell, the head, save the brown goo only remove the mouth parts, throw some butter in it, some chinese chiangkang vinegar maybe a tblspoon depends on your love of vinegar, grill and enjoy!

I think I'll pass on that. ;)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You're probably up on Beer Butt Chicken (or as we call it, Chicken with Beer Up Its Butt.) It really is good.

Another yummy way to grill chicken pieces is to brine it in saltwater for a few hours, then grill. In a bowl, mix juice of 5 lemons, 5 crushed or minced garlic cloves, pepper and 1/4 cup olive oil. Dip the chicken pieces in this and put back on the grill for a couple of minutes, dip again and serve. A very bright, lemony flavor. Crowd goes wild for this.

My Uncle Jack grilled a whole salmon on a plank with foil and it was very good, but this also may have been since we were in Vancouver it was very fresh.

We have wonderful heirloom tomatoes from the garden right now. Grill for moments and add pesto if you have it, or a piece of basil and some fresh mozzarella. If not, even just salt and pepper...if you have real summer tomatoes--very good.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You're probably up on Beer Butt Chicken (or as we call it, Chicken with Beer Up Its Butt.) It really is good.
Actually, on a whim, I bought a tall can of beer the other day to do just this. I'll let you know how it turns out. My guess it that a guy thought this one up... don't know why. I just can't see a woman saying, "Hon, give me a beer, I'm gonna slam it into a chicken and throw it on the barby!" I can, however, see a man saying that.... prolly after several beer were consumed.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Kangaroo fillets marinated with lime and ginger.
Grill very hot well done on the outside moist juicy and red in the middle.

Cordon Bleu bush tucker.

Cheers

Smoke

Done here.
We used to call it Beer Can Chicken, but I've been making it this way so long that if I say I'm making "chicken" with no other qualifier, John knows this is what I mean. I use lots of paprika and garlic, and what most people would consider a lot of cayenne.

Actually, on a whim, I bought a tall can of beer the other day to do just this.
I always just use a 12-ounce can. Actually, since we don't usually buy canned beer, I usually rinse out a Coke can and pour some beer into it.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Actually, on a whim, I bought a tall can of beer the other day to do just this. I'll let you know how it turns out. My guess it that a guy thought this one up... don't know why. I just can't see a woman saying, "Hon, give me a beer, I'm gonna slam it into a chicken and throw it on the barby!" I can, however, see a man saying that.... prolly after several beer were consumed.

No doubt, especially since you first need to open it and drink some of the beer!

(If you don't have any beer, you can use 7UP.)

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
Give 'em to me, please. Need some ideas.

A nice large thick sirloin or rib eye steak (1-1.5inches), fresh or aged, with a good marbling of fat through the meat to keep it tender.

Simple seasoning with olive oil, coarse sea salt and black pepper. Be aggressive with the seasoning.
Have a boiling hot barbeque, cast iron would be ideal. Throw the steaks onto the hottest part, and cook with the lid down 5mins a side, but timing is a bit variable depending on steak thickness and temp. This will sear the steak and crisp and caramelize the surface. Inside you have a nice medium rare and juicy steak.

Cant beat it really.