• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your First Video Game

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
What was the first non-arcade video game you played, and what system did you play it on?
well pong at a railroad station in the mid-70s, but maybe you're counting that as an arcade game?

Probably missile command on an Apple II, I'm guessing late 70s?

Then in the early 80s I got addicted to Asteroids played in saloons ;)

But the first game I ever coded was Nim, on an HP programmable calculator in 74 or 75

And the first paycheck I ever got as a programmer was on an IBM 1130:

ibm-1130.jpeg

:)

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Pong on a Sears Atari and Mario 1, Donkey Kong Classics, Tetris, Legend of Zelda and Castlevania on NES.
Tetris and Castlevania were the ones to really leave a lasting impact, and probably why I love classical music. And was so good at loading trailers I used less space than the computer allotted me.:joycat:

We Never Know

No Slack
I don't remember which system we had but:

(Note to everybody: don't bother watching the whole video. It doesn't get any more interesting)
Atari. It was launched as ....
"Pong, groundbreaking electronic game released in 1972 by the American game manufacturer Atari, Inc"

We Never Know

No Slack
I thought I remembered something about not that many of them being made, but that's been so long ago I don't remember.
I was off by 800, but its under a 1000 lol.

"An estimated 200 units were made, but it is unknown how many still exist because many were thrown away once the Nintendo Entertaiment System was outdated"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I was off by 800, but its under a 1000 lol.

"An estimated 200 units were made, but it is unknown how many still exist because many were thrown away once the Nintendo Entertaiment System was outdated"

Wow. I feel really special now having gotten to use one once.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It was not a "video" game because I played it on a teletype ask33/ksr33.There were two games - one was "Hunt the Wumpus". I don't remember the other but if you did not feed the peasants enough, they'd revolt. I found it PDP-8 Baron Game

Teletype-IMG_7287.jpg

Last edited: