• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Gods

in_lakech

I Am Another You :)
I like what the Hindu deity Ganesh represents, but I don't actually believe it exists. I even bought a Ganesha statue for my house :)

I don't worship any deities.

Last edited:

Justin Thyme

Child of God
To me God is God. I wrap my head around the idea of God in relationship to Christianity. I respect the fact that others need to do so in different ways. Regardless of how one does so, in a monotheistic or polytheistic manner, God is God.

Andal

resident hypnotist
Tell me about the gods you venerate. Do you venerate gods outside your religion? Do you have a primary or patron deity you worship above all others?

I'm curious :)

I venerate Sri Vishnu in the forms of Narayana, Krishna, and Venkateshvara. With that being said I will also pay respects and make offerings to Shivji, Ganga Ma, and Kali Ma. All three have played special roles in my life

Outside of my religion I'm not opposed to other deities but I don't actively seek them out. Ido enjoy visiting all different places of worship

My main deity and the one who has stolen my heart is Vishnu and I love him in the three forms mentioned above. I circulate between all three :).

Aim Hari Aum

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You'd have a field day at my temple then. The presiding deity is Sri Guruvayurappan; next to his sanctum is Sri Balaji flanked by Sri Devi and Sri Andal/Bhudevi, and next to that is Sri Satyanarayana Swamy. And then there is of course Sri Radha-Krishna and Sri Rama Parivar, Sri Shiva and Maa Parvati, Sri Ganesha and Sri Ayyappa, Sri Hanuman, Kanyaka Parameshwari, Sri Ambika, the list goes on... :) No sanctum to Kalimaa, though. At least not yet.

And this reminds me that I must go to my altar to do aarti. :eek:

Andal

resident hypnotist
You'd have a field day at my temple then. The presiding deity is Sri Guruvayurappan; next to his sanctum is Sri Balaji flanked by Sri Devi and Sri Andal/Bhudevi, and next to that is Sri Satyanarayana Swamy. And then there is of course Sri Radha-Krishna and Sri Rama Parivar, Sri Shiva and Maa Parvati, Sri Ganesha and Sri Ayyappa, Sri Hanuman, Kanyaka Parameshwari, Sri Ambika, the list goes on... :) No sanctum to Kalimaa, though. At least not yet.

And this reminds me that I must go to my altar to do aarti. :eek:

Sounds like heaven on earth :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Contrary to some others, I believe Gods are actual beings, capable of making decisions, helping, doing things, but on a much greater scale or level than the human mind could ever imagine. I don't believe they are mere symbols or energy flows or representations. They are absolutely real. This idea of 'it's all symbolism' is relatively new, and came with developed intellects, or 'thinking philosophically'.