• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your honest one-word answer

Andal

resident hypnotist
Definitely not! European artists, who of course had not seen Jesus nor other races, potrayed Him as white. Japanese and Africans have also illustrated Him to resemble themselves.

This thread is about honest first thing that pops into the head responses. It's not about accuracy at all. In fact it's mostly about the ways we stereotype each other.

Aum Hari Aum!

Maija

Christians: narrow (path)
Islam - hijab
Judaism - black (clothing)
Hinduism -bhakti
Buddhism - lotus
Baha'i - vague
Sikh- sweet

Philda Tressie

God Supremist
Which particular word comes to your mind when you think of the following religions?

Christianity
Islam
Judaism
Hinduism
Buddhism

Just one word - an adjective, perhaps - not a lengthy explanation as to why you feel this or that.

For Christianity, Judaism and Islam the word is monotheistic.

sdlogan9

Christianity - Love
Islam - Discipline
Judaism - Law
Hinduism - Knowledge
Buddhism - Detachment
Baha'i - Unity

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Which particular word comes to your mind when you think of the following religions?

Christianity
Islam
Judaism
Hinduism
Buddhism

Just one word - an adjective, perhaps - not a lengthy explanation as to why you feel this or that.

Christianity - repression
Islam - repression
Judaism - repression
Hinduism - repression
Buddhism - repression

Alceste

Vagabond
offensive but amazingly frubal worthy.

:D I'm not trying to be offensive. The things being repressed by each religion are all different, and some of them really ought to be repressed, IMO.

Edit: I also wasn't so sure about Hinduism, because it's so diverse, but I thought I'd just roll with it.

Last edited:

F0uad

Christianity- Corrupted
Islam- True
Judaism- Close but changed
Hinduism- Irrelevant
Buddhism- Irrelevant
Atheism- Dangerous