• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Metaphor for God

lunamoth

Will to love
trillium.jpg

DOUAPUNCTE

douapuncte
If you had to choose one object or living thing to symbolize what God is to you personally, what would it be?
I may be an atheist but I would say that an elephant is like god. He doesn't bother us but we try to hunt him down for our greed ,because we can't find our peace we hate the ones whom have found it. God never said anything about us but we sure talk a lot about him, don't we?

I can't. My God is infinite, unlike anything on this Earth. That is part of His draw for me, the fact that He is a mystery and I can't fully comprehend Him. Sometimes He does things I wouldn't do, but I accept them because I know that He knows best. I don't want to believe in something I can comprehend, because I might as well just run my own life on whatever I felt was fun in one moment, and possibly regret it the next. If I did that, my life would be really screwed up.

ranjana

i like both sky and water:
sky= unaffected but contains all the apparent change, but itself never changes.

water= is one element in myriad forms: rain, creek, river, ocean, steam, iceburg. It is all the same thing.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
"God, please, I need to go to the bathroom! Please force me to go to the bathroom! Well, since I prayed to you to force me to go to the bathroom and you didn't, I went on the floor. Happy now, God?"
You've never played it with Free Will on, have you?