• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your political/gender abortion stance

What are you?

• Male, conservative, pro-life

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Male, conservative, pro-choice

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Female, conservative, pro-life

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Female, conservative, pro-choice

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Male, liberal, pro-life

• Male, liberal, pro-choice

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Female, liberal, pro-life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female, liberal, pro-choice

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Male, independent, pro-life

• Male, independent, pro-choice

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Female, independent, pro-life

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Female, independent, pro-choice

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

Draka

Wonder Woman
This is just out of curiousity. Another thread just got me to thinking what exactly are the breakdowns of men and women politically when it comes to pro-life or pro-choice. So here's a poll to compare numbers.

Edit: one vote for "female, ind., pro-life" was made in mistake and should be marked for the "female, ind., pro-choice" option

Inky

I mis-clicked...I selected "female ind. pro-life" but it should be pro-choice instead. I dunno if you can change it or not, sorry.

Booko

Deviled Hen
This is just out of curiousity. Another thread just got me to thinking what exactly are the breakdowns of men and women politically when it comes to pro-life or pro-choice. So here's a poll to compare numbers.

I wish I could answer it, Draka, but I've never been able to call myself either pro-choice or pro-life. If you had a "moderate" choice for the abortion issues, that'd be me.

I'll be interested to see the results, though.

I expect some of the results will be kinda predictable.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I mis-clicked...I selected "female ind. pro-life" but it should be pro-choice instead. I dunno if you can change it or not, sorry.

I can't change it, but I can make a note of it as an edit to the OP if you like.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I wish I could answer it, Draka, but I've never been able to call myself either pro-choice or pro-life. If you had a "moderate" choice for the abortion issues, that'd be me.

I'll be interested to see the results, though.

I expect some of the results will be kinda predictable.

Yeah, it's the odd ones out I'm curious about.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I almost made that mistake as well. The fact is that I AM "pro-life." I'm certainly not anti-life. But I support freedom of choice and self-determination.

jonny

I'm just guessing that males are more pro-life than females. I saw an interesting study a few years back that said that men feel that having children is more important to feeling "personally fulfilled" than females do. I think this study influenced my opinion on this somewhat.

Nanda

Polyanna
I'm just guessing that males are more pro-choice than females. I saw an interesting study a few years back that said that men feel that having children is more improtant to feeling "personally fulfilled" than females do. I think this study influenced my opinion on this somewhat.

Hm. In my experience, men have always been more pro-life, generally speaking.

Booko

Deviled Hen
I'm just guessing that males are more pro-choice than females.

My experience has been quite the opposite. Perhaps women find it easier to understand what might drive a woman to terminate a pregnancy. Sort of a "there but for the grace of God go I" thing.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
There's no option for me. I'm pro-life and pro-choice, because I'm convinced that legally or morally condemning people who have abortions probably doesn't reduce the number of abortions and only increases the number of people killed and severely injured by them. On the other hand, I am pro-sex education and contraceptive and pro-economic development and social justice.

And male and "independent" politically.