• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your political/gender abortion stance

What are you?

• Male, conservative, pro-life

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Male, conservative, pro-choice

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Female, conservative, pro-life

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Female, conservative, pro-choice

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Male, liberal, pro-life

• Male, liberal, pro-choice

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Female, liberal, pro-life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female, liberal, pro-choice

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Male, independent, pro-life

• Male, independent, pro-choice

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Female, independent, pro-life

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Female, independent, pro-choice

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

Zephyr

Moved on
Male, Libservative, pro-choice. I'm anti-abortion, but I still think it should be legal as long as people can find a doc willing to do it.

jonny

My experience has been quite the opposite. Perhaps women find it easier to understand what might drive a woman to terminate a pregnancy. Sort of a "there but for the grace of God go I" thing.

I meant the opposite. Sorry.

lombas

Society of Brethren
Male, libertarian (had to choose between independent and conservative), personally pro-life but thinks that intervention isn't the answer.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
Male, independent (libertarian or classical liberal), pro-choice.

Though, technically perhaps, I'm pro-choice for the first trimester or two, and pro-life, or rather pro-personhood, for the remainder of one's life.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
doppelgänger;867559 said:
There's no option for me. I'm pro-life and pro-choice, because I'm convinced that legally or morally condemning people who have abortions probably doesn't reduce the number of abortions and only increases the number of people killed and severely injured by them. On the other hand, I am pro-sex education and contraceptive and pro-economic development and social justice.

And male and "independent" politically.

I would go along with all that.
Pro life and pro women's choice.
I am male and the British meaning of Liberal

lombas

Society of Brethren
Let's also not forget the wise words of Allen Thornton:

When Sergeant John came back from Vietnam, one of the first people he saw was hippie Lil. He noticed her because of her mini-skirt. Instead of giving him a hero’s welcome, Lil spat at him and called him a baby killer. A couple of decades later hippie Lil turned into liberated Lillian and secured a job at Planned Parenthood. On her way to work, she noticed a determined, good looking fellow on the sidewalk outside her office. The fellow was none other than Sergeant John, now calling himself John 4:8 John. He waved a placard at Lillian and called her a baby killer.

Yes Man

Premium Member
Whoa sorry, I chose male, liberal, pro-choice. I am male, liberal, pro-life.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
The majority on Religious Forums. My experience is that RF leans slightly more to the left than American society in general.
I have that impression too. But out of curiosity, do you automatically consider those who are pro-choice to be "left-leaning."? Papersock said he's an independent. He may (I don't know one way of the other) be quite conservative on other issues.) That is, it may be the case that being pro-choice isn't as leftist as you think.

jonny

I have that impression too. But out of curiosity, do you automatically consider those who are pro-choice to be "left-leaning."? Papersock said he's an independent. He may (I don't know one way of the other) be quite conservative on other issues.) That is, it may be the case that being pro-choice isn't as leftist as you think.

I think that people are independent for a few reasons. In some cases, they don't want to affiliate with either political party. In other cases, they try to rationalize and find a middle ground on political topics. In many instances, they have a "cafeteria" approach to politics and have some positions that are liberal and others that are conservative.

I consider myself an independent and pro-life. That doesn't mean that the pro-life position is more liberal than I think. It means that I have a conservative point of view on that subject. I think that pro-choice, in the rawest sense, is a liberal term. There are grey areas in the middle and I bet that few here are pure pro-life or pro-choice. For example, I am in favor of the morning after pill, and abortion in cases of rape, incest or if the mother's life is in danger being legal. Yet, I still consider myself pro-life.