• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts on other religions

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There is some truth in other religions. There is ultimate truth in Christianity. Christianity says you are saved trusting in Jesus. I've never encountered a non-Christian religion that said anything different than this: do stuff on your own to save yourself (maybe, someday, or in another life).
So, all one has to do is to have a politically-correct opinion on Jesus and they're "saved"?

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Hey Christians! This is my first time posting on this DIR, and I got a question for ya'll: What do you think of other religions? Your reaction to another belief, and what your religion says about other religions.

Hi Terese. I think we might have spoken before, as your beautiful avatar is extremely familiar.

My guess is that God (whoever God is) might reach out to different people in different cultures through different religions. I'm thinking this God will judge people based on the truth they have discovered and not on the truth they never knew.

What are your thoughts?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So, all one has to do is to have a politically-correct opinion on Jesus and they're "saved"?

I said "trusting Jesus Christ for salvation" and not "have a PC opinion on Jesus Christ for salvation". Perhaps I can explain further? When someone trusts Jesus for salvation, they are abandoning trusting another for salvation, including themselves. Put another way, I abandoned the notion that I can perfect myself by my own efforts. Jesus's sacrifice perfects me. As the NT says, "Thanks be to God for His indescribably marvelous gift!"

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
I have never been all that convinced that Jesus was one to worry about "which religion" one is -- I try to take a page from his book and meet people as they are, regardless of social categories or philosophical differences.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
***This is the Christian Dir. Forum rules state that only professed Christians should post opinions in the Christian Dir.***

ronandcarol

Premium Member
Your thoughts on other religions...
As a Christian, I choose to plant my thoughts on the One True God and His only Son
who is my Savior. How can I spend time thinking of those 'other' religions that cannot
cleans me of my sins and offer my eternal salvation?

ronandcarol

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hey Christians! What do you think of other religions? Your reaction to another belief, and what your religion says about other religions.

The followers of Jesus (genuine Christians) think that Jesus is correct in what he said at John 4:23-24 that we should worship his God.