• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does any supernatural god exist?

Does any supernatural god exist?

• Certainly

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Certainly not

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Certainly don't know

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Yeah, that one by you as 1714724671712.png is not science. It is not even valid and sufficient or evidence. It is in effect a feeling.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
One wonders why you waste your time on a religious site when you clearly have no intention of ever believing.

Do you have some resentment in your life that makes you feel the need to try to convince believers that God isn’t real?

I don’t have any interest in many things but I don’t hang out on their websites telling them how stupid they are.

Maybe you should get a hobby.
So people should just keep their mouths shut when they witness nonsense being peddled so freely - like the YEC stuff? o_O

Ajax

As acts says, this was all prophesied by David.
Wrong again. That's the enormous dishonesty of theists' apologetics. Trying to find irrelevant sayings, even poems like Psalm 109 which simply refers to people speaking words of hate and deceit and convert them to prophecies. David was not a prophet.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Wrong again. That's the enormous dishonesty of theists' apologetics. Trying to find irrelevant sayings, even poems like Psalm 109 which simply refers to people speaking words of hate and deceit and convert them to prophecies. David was not a prophet.

Well, not all gods are theistic Gods.
In practice for one version of a god, it is a creator god and thus for the standard version of supernatural supernatural, but it is not a theistic God as such.
So yes, it is about in part, but not just theisitic Gods.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
No, it is about the referents of words. Some of those refer to something that only exist as a human construct. Not all words have objective referents as per this version of objective:
of, relating to, or being an object, phenomenon, or condition in the realm of sensible experience independent of individual thought and perceptible by all observers

Such as?
Can you give me an example?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Such as?
Can you give me an example?

No! The joke is that that No! is such an example.
So let us unpack a concrete and non-concrete word. Cat versus no.
I will start with cat. The word refers to a cat and you can do sensible experience for the 5 external senses on an actual cat. I.e. it is objective as per the defintion above.

Now do the same with no. Look as see to the referent of no. Hold the referent to no. Describe the referent's forms and other sensible experinces as per the external senses.
Well, you can't.
In effect the difference is this. If you removed all cognitive beings like humans there would be no referents to no, but there would still be referents to cats.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
In practice for one version of a god, it is a creator god and thus for the standard version of supernatural supernatural, but it is not a theistic God as such.
Mikkel, Howdi? Long time, no see.:handwaving:
Are their atheistic Gods?

Ajax

One thing is certain. That we can never have a 100% knowledge, So as far as I'm concerned you are not a real person, but an AI bot, because my message to which you replied, did not mention any gods, theistic or supernatural. :)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
One thing is certain. That we can never have a 100% knowledge, So as far as I'm concerned you are not a real person, but an AI bot, because my message to which you replied, did not mention any gods, theistic or supernatural. :)

Okay, how do you know that we as we will never have 100% knowledge. Is that 100% certain?
As for theists they are connected to Gods. So yes, you talked about Gods.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
No! The joke is that that No! is such an example.
So let us unpack a concrete and non-concrete word. Cat versus no.
I will start with cat. The word refers to a cat and you can do sensible experience for the 5 external senses on an actual cat. I.e. it is objective as per the defintion above.

Now do the same with no. Look as see to the referent of no. Hold the referent to no. Describe the referent's forms and other sensible experinces as per the external senses.
Well, you can't.
In effect the difference is this. If you removed all cognitive beings like humans there would be no referents to no, but there would still be referents to cats.

Also a reference to the behavior. A cat would have to look a rock and need to decide whether it is food. The answer would be no.

It is just a conceptualization of behavior that happens whether humans are around or not. No is a negation of behavior or thought. These things do occur independent of people. No is a word we developed to express this occurrence in nature.

Ajax

As for theists they are connected to Gods. So yes, you talked about Gods.
Completely irrelevant. "Theists" could be connected to pedophile priests, or to thousands of other issues.
I'm certain you are an AI bot now...
Are you an American or Chinese design?

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Also a reference to the behavior. A cat would have to look a rock and need to decide whether it is food. The answer would be no.

It is just a conceptualization of behavior that happens whether humans are around or not. No is a negation of behavior or thought. These things do occur independent of people. No is a word we developed to express this occurrence in nature.

Yeah. I clearly can see as see as per external sensory experience a negation. Now please reference as for a second what a negation is in physical terms with reference to scientific measurement and how it relates to the 5 external senses.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Completely irrelevant. "Theists" could be connected to pedophile priests, or to thousands of other issues.
I'm certain you are an AI bot now...

Priest: someone who is authorized to perform the sacred rites of a religion especially as a mediatory agent between humans and God.

At least I know how to check the defintion of a word.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I've seen threads of...
Theists: Does God Exist?
Atheist: Does God Exist?

IMO That refers to one certain God

So painting with a broader brush, does any supernatural god exist?
I look at the world and all that is in it, and my conclusion is that there is a supernatural God.