• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does any supernatural god exist?

Does any supernatural god exist?

• Certainly

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Certainly not

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Certainly don't know

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Not necessarily. Could be connected to jail time, crime as some parents would like to kill them, financial matters because of the compensations and many more.

All AI bots can easily do this.

You are new, right? Could you check if you are breaking the rules of the forum by claiming I am an AI bot in the context of this series of posts.

Ajax

Well, that could be a bully's defense. Now check with a moderator or explain how you know with 100% knowlwdge and certainty that it is not the case.
Please do not paraphrase my words..I said...
One thing is certain. That we can never have a 100% knowledge, So as far as I'm concerned you are not a real person....
Any way, I wasted enough time with people sounding like AI bots...
Is this better?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Please do not paraphrase my words..I said...

Any way, I wasted enough time with people sounding like AI bots...
Is this better?

To if we can't have 100% knowledge, do you know that with 100% knowledge as you are certain. Or is it that you can't know that as certain. And to be certain in not about knowledge but a psychological state of mind?

Ajax

To if we can't have 100% knowledge, do you know that with 100% knowledge as you are certain. Or is it that you can't know that as certain. And to be certain in not about knowledge but a psychological state of mind?
Neither. Our knowledge constantly improves and so does our psychological state of mind (mind being the energy of the brain).
Our ancestors were "certain"of a lot of things which were proven wrong, and exactly the same applies to us in relation to the future generations.

So if God created everything, God is not everything, but God must be nothing as God is not everything.
No God said He created everything that exists but He said that He is not a part of it as He was never created. He has always existed, as the Holy Trinity. God is everywhere at the same time but He is not a part of anything He created.

Ajax

Yes, secular scientists thought so, but Christians always knew it did because the bible teaches it
You must be joking :laughing:

"On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: "O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon." So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies"

Even if the sun and the moon stood still, would make no difference to their viewing position from earth, because of earth's rotation. :laughing::laughing:

Aristarchus of Samos (310 – c. 230 BC) was an ancient Greek astronomer and mathematician who presented the first known heliocentric model that placed the Sun at the center of the universe, with the Earth revolving around the Sun once a year and rotating about its axis once a day. But the ignorant primitive authors who wrote the Bible, had their own crazy ideas.

Last edited:
You must be joking :laughing:

"On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: "O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon." So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies"

Even if the sun and the moon stood still, would make no difference to their viewing position from earth, because of earth's rotation. :laughing::laughing:

Aristarchus of Samos (310 – c. 230 BC) was an ancient Greek astronomer and mathematician who presented the first known heliocentric model that placed the Sun at the center of the universe, with the Earth revolving around the Sun once a year and rotating about its axis once a day. But the ignorant primitive authors who wrote the Bible, had their own crazy ideas.
I don't know about you, but I actually see the sun and moon moving but I don't see or feel the earth spinning or orbiting, so was the bible correct from, did the Israelites see the sun and moon stop moving???? + Answer is a BIG FAT YES, so the bible is right and you are wrong.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know about you, but I actually see the sun and moon moving but I don't see or feel the earth spinning or orbiting, so was the bible correct from, did the Israelites see the sun and moon stop moving???? + Answer is a BIG FAT YES, so the bible is right and you are wrong.
Oh dear.

Do you really think that the sun is moving and the Earth is stationary? Please tell me you're speaking figurative.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Neither. Our knowledge constantly improves and so does our psychological state of mind (mind being the energy of the brain).
Our ancestors were "certain"of a lot of things which were proven wrong, and exactly the same applies to us in relation to the future generations.

Well, I don't believe in proven wrong, nor have I ever seen any objective evidence for the fact that our knowledge improves. What is your evidence for that?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
It was still his money because the priests never accepted it back so they bought the field with it.

If I hand money to a stranger and tell them I don't want the money, it is no longer my money. If the stranger takes the money and buys a watch with the money, it is not my watch; it's the stranger's watch because they accepted and used the money. This is how the concept of property works

5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, “It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money.” 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter’s field as a burial place for foreigners.

And on top of it, the other version of is that I just keep the money and buy myself a watch

Because it was still his money the land was his. They could have put a sign up that said sold to Judas but they didn’t do that back then.

It was no longer his money because he threw it away and left. The moment the priests took the money, it became theirs. As for your second sentence... What? You can't sell something to someone when they aren't even there to agree to a transaction they aren't even a part of

The Bible said it was Judas’s money it never says it was the priests money.

It says it was his money until he threw it. It does say the priests took and used the money; that would make the money their property

Everything I have said has been consistent no matter how it’s phrased.

It really has not been consistent at all

Bottom line is there is no error here.

Yes there is. Denying there aren't any outright without verifying or testing it and instead just looking for excuses for why it can't be an error makes it seem to me like you aren't interested in what's true

If you want a controversy on this subject you should ask the question of how he died, that is what people argue, nobody has an issue with the land part.

There are many contradictions in the Bible to choose from, but I feel it's important to stick with one at a time until they're resolved. I care about the truth, not about controversy. We can come back to the others later on

As for judas' death, I do think it's kind of funny to imagine he would hang himself on the furthest branch from a tree at the edge of a cliff until he rots and then plummets into a gorey explosion on the ground below. I exaggerate, but combining the two different versions makes for interesting speculation