• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Let the states decide.”

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Good grief, you make it sound like every woman who gives birth is putting her life at risk. This is not the 19th century, it's the 21st century. Birth is a natural event, not an unnatural one. We are talking about the US by the way.
Roe v Wade caused the maternal mortality rate to drop drastically while it was in force. The maternal mortality rate has started to go back up in states that no longer abide by the principles of Roe v Wade. Some pregnant women in medical distress have also been turned away from hospital emergency rooms since the Dobbs decision as well.

crossfire

Premium Member
Here's the deal, @crossfire, with nearly every case you brought up - you're going to need to do better than bringing up drug addicts, sorry. As foir the Ohio case, it is not going to be prosecuted.
It is still something that will need to be addressed. If the states don't have sufficient drug treatment programs available for pregnant women, the least they can do is offer drug addicts some sort of long-lasting contraception so they won't expose a fetus to their drugs and face stiff criminal charges.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Roe v Wade caused the maternal mortality rate to drop drastically while it was in force. The maternal mortality rate has started to go back up in states that no longer abide by the principles of Roe v Wade. Some pregnant women in medical distress have also been turned away from hospital emergency rooms since the Dobbs decision as well.
The vast majority of abortions are done for the convenience of the mother.

crossfire

Premium Member
The vast majority of abortions are done for the convenience of the mother.
That still does not detract from the fact that Roe v Wade's restraints on the States held the states back from implementing laws that were actually demonstratably harmful to women (via the drastic drop of the maternal mortality rate during Roe v Wade.)

Last edited:

Kathryn

That still does not detract from the fact that Roe v Wade's restraints on the States held the states back from implementing laws that were actually demonstratably harmful to women (via the drastic drop of the maternal mortality rate during Roe v Wade.)
Sorry, I don't just automatically believe the mainstream media.

Pogo

Once again. I believe it comes down to protection of personhood.
And then their are the children who are condemned by your choice.
Just happened to be playing about personal freedom and what can happen if it is denied.

Think of the children first.

Pogo

Sorry, I don't just automatically believe the mainstream media.
Just happened to have this close to hand, must be Kismet?
"Alternative facts" was a phrase used by U.S. Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway during a Meet the Press interview on January 22, 2017, in which she defended White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's false statement about the attendance numbers of Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States.

Alternative facts - Wikipedia​

1728848129692.png
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Alternative_facts

Kathryn

Just happened to have this close to hand, must be Kismet?
"Alternative facts" was a phrase used by U.S. Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway during a Meet the Press interview on January 22, 2017, in which she defended White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's false statement about the attendance numbers of Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States.

Alternative facts - Wikipedia

View attachment 98407
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Alternative_facts
I don't automatically believe in alternate facts either I figure that the truth is somewhere in the middle most of the time.

Pogo

Wnat? I am.
Then where is your support for universal healthcare, free pre-k, childhood support in general. I see this desire for babies to be born, but no support for them once they are here. If you really want to support fetuses as you say, even more important is giving them the support they need once they cease to be fetuses. Sorry, we are not seeing it and so we prefer to leave it up to those who would be bringing these fetuses to babyhood to determine whether they wish to do so. Again, not your decision.

Kathryn

Then where is your support for universal healthcare, free pre-k, childhood support in general. I see this desire for babies to be born, but no support for them once they are here. If you really want to support fetuses as you say, even more important is giving them the support they need once they cease to be fetuses. Sorry, we are not seeing it and so we prefer to leave it up to those who would be bringing these fetuses to babyhood to determine whether they wish to do so. Again, not your decision.
Again, it boils down to personhood and when life begins. And you frankly do not know my history or my lief story.