• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1/3 of men will die this year, will you believe the Scriptures then?

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
What makes you think that this will happen? Is there a religious references that you can give me for this belief?

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Sort of reminds me of a reverse "White Plague" by Frank Herbert. His protagonist creates a plague that kills fertile women, after his wife and daughter are killed by terrorists. He sets his plague loose in areas that sponsor terrorism.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I think he is probably referring to this scripture, but his understanding is not so great...

Rev 9:15
15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

may

I think he is probably referring to this scripture, but his understanding is not so great...

Rev 9:15
15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
yes i think it is referring to that verse. and the book of revelation is highly symbolic for the most part , so it is not referring to a litral slaying or killing but it is symbolic of something else. many things in the book of revelation have been happening since Jesus took up his kingship in Gods heavenly kingdom goverment ,Daniel 2;44 Daniel 7;13-14. and the book of revelation speaks of something called ...........the lords day . The Lords day started in 1914 when Jesus was given his kingship, and many things have been happening since that date and right up to our day .and having the understanding about these symbolic things is an eye opener indeed..

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Zec 13:8-9
(8) And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
(9) And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

may

Zec 13:8-9
(8) And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
(9) And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.
(Psalm 144:15) Happy is the people for whom it is just like [that]!" Happy is the people whose God is Jehovah!
(Psalm 37:9) For evildoers themselves will be cut off, But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth.

BFD_Zayl

also, 1/3 of men will go bald this year, so, coupled with 1/3 of us dying off for no apparent reason...sounds like an average year.

Truth_Faith13

Well they do say women will take power one day and we will have no need for you men. Like the queen bee and her work force, the drowns die out while she survives!!!! :) :)

BFD_Zayl

Or the bodybuilders!!! hehe...... I am sure we will do fine without the opposite sex! Spice Girls were right - Girl Power!!! :) :)
until you all die of old age, and humanity will essentially be destroyed, ...whoops, i dun wanna be a downer so ummm err.....look...a...bird?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
if a third of the men are killed off, and i am one of the ones left, i will be among the first to organise the resistance to the consciously immoral killing force. no God of man would do this, simple as.