• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1/3 of men will die this year, will you believe the Scriptures then?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Why no, men are worthless. Everyone knows a 5' 6" 115 pound woman can defend herself from 6' 9" 240 lb. burglars.
It wouldn't be hard. Size and weight isn't everything, and can very easily be used against the larger oppenent.

And I need a man, specifically, to protect me from these things?
Uhhhhh...........sure do.........:yes:
:D

Nanda

Polyanna
Where did I state what sex the burglar was Nadia?

I'm going to assume you're talking to me, even though my name is Nanda, and not Nadia... Anywho...

You didn't state it. Luke Wolf stated it. In fact, it was the whole point of the discussion he and I were having. We were discussing a world without men - he said, in a world without men, there'd be no one to check what the scary noises in the middle of the night were, and I said, if there were no men, there wouldn't be any scary noises in the night, because all rapists and murders are predominantly male (A statement which was half teasing, half serious). He responded:
Thiers still other things that make suspicous sounds. Pipes, tree branches, and animals are just a few. While I'll agree the rapist are overwhelmingly male, thier are alot of female burglars and murderers out thier.

My response to this was:
And I need a man, specifically, to protect me from these things?

To which you responded:
Why no, men are worthless. Everyone knows a 5' 6" 115 pound woman can defend herself from 6' 9" 240 lb. burglars.

Now do you see what happened here? We were talking about a hypothetical world without men. There wouldn't be any male burglars or murders or rapists in a world without men.

Nanda

Polyanna
Where did I state what sex the burglar was Nadia?

Unless, by this statement, you're implying a female burglar. In which case, it's hilarious that you're implying that women need men to protect them from other women. Couldn't I just as easily live with a 6'2" 250lb female? :rolleyes:

Nanda

Polyanna
A baseball bat or a gun would also work.

I know I wouldn't be able to protect against a burgler very well... Does that make me a failure as a man? :(

*hugs Papersock fiercely* The worst part about a world without men would be losing men like you, Papersock. :(

Booko

Deviled Hen
Sure. Then what will you do for a massage?

My massage therapists are all female. Well, maybe my favorite one might be better called transgendered, but she's built like a female. :D

Checking out that sound from downstairs in the middle of night?

Nothing a 50# recurve can't handle...

And the big one, what will you do to continue the human race should all men cease to exist?

in vitro?

I'll still keep the men around. I can't life a 80# bag of portland cement, and they don't make them smaller.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Interesting interpretations. Any proof to show that Revelation is symbolic or do you just fear it being true?

The writings of a goodly number of Christian ministers, to start with.

It would be easier if you consulted a theology library and read their works yourself. It's all a bit much to type on a forum.

I can give you some cites if you like.

Booko

Deviled Hen

Since I've done it, I do know it.

Louisville Sluggers do wonders. Bear recurves ain't bad for greater distance. And if you want to be really serious, I hear Smith & Wesson comes in mighty handy.

Some women just lack the training or the pluck is all.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Not to mention that it's imperative to have a man to defend you from such bogeys as water hammer and scraping twig.:cover:
Which if you'd read before you jumped on that there tall horsie, was what Nanda was specifically referring to in the post you quoted.:rolleyes:

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Since I've done it, I do know it.

Louisville Sluggers do wonders. Bear recurves ain't bad for greater distance. And if you want to be really serious, I hear Smith & Wesson comes in mighty handy.

Some women just lack the training or the pluck is all.
And some of them have just had drummed into them that they're poor little defenseless girlies who can't make it out the door without a man to aid them through the big scaryness of the walk to the car.

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
Well it's past half of the year and no more men are dying than usual, so something better start happening.