• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 in 50 Democrats want Donald Trump executed

Shaul

Premium Member
Take repubs. Without any evidence they think Biden is guilty of shady dealings with his son.
I don't know the details but they have opened formal hearings on impeachment against Biden. That indicates they have some evidence of some kind against President Biden. It also presumes they will present a case in open.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I don't know the details but they have opened formal hearings on impeachment against Biden. That indicates they have some evidence of some kind against President Biden. It also presumes they will present a case in open.
Ah, opening an inquiry indicates they have evidence. But 91 indictments means nothing.

(when you presumes you make a pres out of u and mes)

We Never Know

No Slack
The repubs have been screaming they would try to impeach Biden for near 3 years now.

Question.....what does this say about Trump in your mind?

Trump co-defendant Rudy Giuliani found guilty of harassing the two women in Georgia.

Four of Trumps co-defendants plead guilty and took plea deals

Sidney Powell plead guilty in Georgia, gets plea deal.
Kenneth Chesebro plead guilty in Georgia, gets plea deal.
Jenna Ellis plead guilty in Georgia, gets plea deal.
Scott Hall plead guilty in Georgia, gets plea deal.

Do people who are innocent usually plead guilty and take deals if there is no evidence?

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
Ah, opening an inquiry indicates they have evidence. But 91 indictments means nothing.

(when you presumes you make a pres out of u and mes)
I never wrote that. I have written that we don't prejudge cases but wait to see the evidence and cases presented. Presuming that evidence will be presented during a formal impeachment inquiry is quite reasonable.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The repubs have been screaming they would try to impeach Biden for near 3 years now.

Trump co-defendant Rudy Giuliani found guilty of harassing the two women in Georgia.

Do people who are innocent plead guilty and take deals if there is no evidence?
Well actually, yes, sometimes they do.

But lawyers probably don't do that.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I never wrote that.
Then somebody has hacked your account, and you should contact the site administration immediately

I looks like somebody using your account posted this.

Good to know you never wrote that. I wonder who did?

Shaul

Premium Member

It is tangential. Each case is its own and has its own merits.
And is being appealed. I haven't read much about that case. But I have questions about the judge's impartiality and the verdict. I am willing to let the entire process work itself out before forming an opinion.

Do people who are innocent plead guilty and take deals if there is no evidence?
Yes, innocent people do plead guilty. It is unfortunate, but it happens. There are a number of reasons why such a thing could happen.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Do people who are innocent usually plead guilty and take deals if there is no evidence?
What I find interesting is that Giuliani apparently did not learn anything the first time around:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OIP.ZLWmX-RqQ_CXN4UICb_CJgHaJ4

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Except when asked, Republicans seem to be scrambling to offer any evidence whatsoever of Biden's supposed corruption that they're so damned sure about but can't seem to prove. Or even just begin to prove. What they're doing with the impeachment inquiry is called a fishing expedition. They have nothing except hurt feelings and vengeance to offer, apparently.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Wow, you actually think I didn't know that? Ok, time for you to face facts.
I know that you did and I caught your attempt at whataboutism (false equivalence) and pointed it out.
That is a picture of boxes containing nothing President Trump didn't have authority to have.
Except for those pesky charges being pressed against him for stealing them and hiding them from authorities. Nothing to see here! :rolleyes:

Shaul

Premium Member
Except when asked, Republicans seem to be scrambling to offer any evidence whatsoever of Biden's supposed corruption that they're so damned sure about but can't seem to prove. Or even just begin to prove. What they're doing with the impeachment inquiry is called a fishing expedition. They have nothing except hurt feelings and vengeance to offer, apparently.
According to your assessment. The hearings haven't even started. I am quite content to let the hearings unfold before judging. I would have no problem with the hearings coming to naught. But when a key witness such as Hunter Biden defies a subpoena that portents political fireworks to come.