• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

11 errors by Jesus and friends.

Poison,
Sorry. I did not recognize in the opening posted discussion that on page 299 you recognized that the Zechariah you had referred to was not the same Zechariah Jesus referred to in Matthew 23:29-33,34-35 (Luke 16:16,31)..

If I were disposed to read more opinions about opinions I would have recognized that everyone with opinions either know they are liars or will repent when they realize thier mistake (Num 23:19).

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

Poison,
Sorry. I did not recognize in the opening posted discussion that on page 299 you recognized that the Zechariah you had referred to was not the same Zechariah Jesus referred to in Matthew 23:29-33,34-35 (Luke 16:16,31)...

There are 19 pages... less than 200 posts... and I have never recognized such a thing. Take a look at what the Bible has to say about tale bearers.

Poison,
I told you I was only going to refer to the simplest of your deceptions and mistakes then progress toward those you probably couldn't understand even if you hadn't been listening to priests for arguments (Jer 23:1-3,15,28-30; Ps 1:1-4; Matt 3:11-12)

In #5 you said, "Genesis 46:27
And the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two souls; all the souls of the house of Jacob that came into Egypt were seventy."

You pretend that a contradiction of what Acts 7:14 says, "And Joseph sent and called to him Jacob his father and his kindred; seventy--five souls."

Read again, gossip. In Acts 7:14 Paul is referring to when Jacob's 75 souls came out of Goshem into Egypt to witness Jacob's death. That's a few years and apparently five new births after Jacob learned that Joseph lived and followed his son's instructions to come to Egypt but thrive in Goshem.

So, now you are down to 9-certain Bible errors.

You're really going to love Zechariah.

Last edited:
Poison,
Almost didn't answer today. You skipped out on your own rub (noun) for a few days, and there are none to believe instruction if the fake is not present.

Poisonshady313

Poison,
I told you I was only going to refer to the simplest of your deceptions and mistakes then progress toward those you probably couldn't understand even if you hadn't been listening to priests for arguments (Jer 23:1-3,15,28-30; Ps 1:1-4; Matt 3:11-12)

In #5 you said, "Genesis 46:27
And the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two souls; all the souls of the house of Jacob that came into Egypt were seventy."

You pretend that a contradiction of what Acts 7:14 says, "And Joseph sent and called to him Jacob his father and his kindred; seventy--five souls."

Read again, gossip. In Acts 7:14 Paul is referring to when Jacob's 75 souls came out of Goshem into Egypt to witness Jacob's death. That's a few years and apparently five new births after Jacob learned that Joseph lived and followed his son's instructions to come to Egypt but thrive in Goshem.

Read it again. It is a most obvious contradiction. This big trip by the house of Jacob only occurred once. This "few years and apparently five new births" is entirely a fabrication cooked up by you.

Nice try though. I hope you're having fun with your ill deserved condescending tone. You could benefit from a measure of humility, as well as a measure of knowledge.

But go ahead. Keep mocking me while making things up and trying to pass off your fabrications as proof that I'm mistaken.

Poison,
OK. You win. To you the scriptures don't say what the scriptures say, but what you say they don't say.

Without a common vocabulary and source there is a required disagreement. You know all you need to know that prevents you from learning anything at all.

I'm out of here.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If there were real any scriptural scholarship going on here at all, the OP would have recognized that it's whole point is moot. The OT stories weren't written down, as we have them, until after 650 b.c.e. Even then, it was obviously more important to the writers to include the whole Tradition, rather than edit to make sure everything jived.

The impetus for writing all scripture was not "factual inerrancy." You should know that. And if you do, what's the point of your OP?

LittleNipper

It is interesting to think that some people believe that Jesus was a Rabbi who astounded the Pharisees, given his tendency to be wrong about scripture.

The same goes for Paul who is claimed to be a Pharisee who learned with Gamaliel.

I have 11 examples of where Jesus & pals got it wrong. This should be an interesting discussion. Perhaps when you respond, you could pick one to focus on.

Matthew 23:35
...that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the Sanctuary and the altar.

It is strange that Jesus could not tell the difference between one Zechariah and another.

Zechariah the son of Barachiah was not murdered.
Zechariah the son of Jehoiada was.

II Chronicles 24:20-21
Then the spirit of G-d took possession of Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest;...and they conspired against him, and by the command of the king they stoned him with stones in the court of the House of the L-rd.

Now I know Jesus was going on a whole rant and rave (just because the Pharisees wouldn't accept him - how mature) and in anger couldn't think straight hence the error.

Being so I didn't take it as he was THAT bad. Yet then I came across another one of Jesus' rants and from here I began to understand where all this was coming from...Let us further examine -

Mark 2:25--26
And he [Jesus] said to them: "Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were with him; how he entered the House of G-d, when Abiathar was high priest,..."

I Samuel 21:2
Then David came to Nob, to Ahimelech the priest, and Ahimelech came to meet David trembling, and said to him: "Why are you alone, and no man with you?"

Ahimelech was high priest at that time. Only after his death (I Samuel 22:18) did his son, Abiathar, succeed him:

I Samuel 30:7
And David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelech....

Apparently Jesus wasn't all that fluent in scripture and chose followers who weren't either all that knowledgeable. Let us examine.

II Samuel 5:6--7
And the king and his men went to Jerusalem against the Jebusites....David took the stronghold of Zion, the same is the city of David.

Ah yes, Luke - not even a Jew writes -

Luke 2:4--5
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be enrolled with Mary, his betrothed wife who was with child.

Jerusalem, not Bethlehem, is called the "city of David."

Genesis 11:26
When Terah had lived seventy years he became the father of Abram....

Genesis 12:4
...Abram was seventy--five years old when he departed from Haran.

Genesis 11:32
The days of Terah were 205 years and Terah died in Haran.

Acts 7:4
Then he [Abraham] departed from the land of the Chaldeans, and lived in Haran. And after his father died, G-d removed him from there into the land [in which] you are now living.

Abraham left Haran when Terah was 145 (70+75), which was sixty years before Terah died (205 - 145). Were the Apostles familiar with math?

Genesis 46:27
And the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two souls; all the souls of the house of Jacob that came into Egypt were seventy.

Acts 7:14
And Joseph sent and called to him Jacob his father and his kindred; seventy--five souls.

Joshua 24:32
The bones of Joseph, which the children of Israel brought up from Egypt, were buried in Shechem, in the portion of ground that Jacob bought from the sons of Hamor, the father of Shechem, for one hundred pieces of money; and they became the inheritance of the children of Joseph.

Let us see what Jesus' follower says

Acts 7:15--16
And Jacob went down into Egypt, and he died, he and our fathers, and they were carried over to Shechem and laid in the tomb that Abraham had bought for the sum of money from the sons of Hamor of Shechem.

Only Joseph was buried in Shechem, and Jacob bought the plot, not Abraham.

Jacob was buried in the plot Abraham had bought IN HEBRON.

Exodus 14:22
And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on dry land; the waters were a wall to them on their right side and on their left.

Paul (the supposed expert in the Torah) wrote

I Corinthians 10:1
I want you to know, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized to Moses in the cloud and in the sea....

One is baptized in water, not under a cloud, and the Jews stood on dry land, not in the sea itself.

Numbers 25:9
And those that died by the plague were 24,000.

Paul (a man who claimed to be a Pharisee) wrote -

I Corinthians 10:8
We must not indulge in fornication as some of them did, and 23,000 fell in a single day.

Paul (a self fashioned ex-Pharisee) wrote-

Galatians 3:16
Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his seed. It does not say, "and to his seeds," referring to many, but, referring to one, "and to your seed," which is Christ.

The Hebrew word zera (seed) is invariably used in the singular when referring to progeny, whether one person or many are meant. For example, wherever G-d promised to bless Abraham's "seed," his descendants were intended:

Genesis 13:16
I will make your seed as the dust of the earth; so that if one could count the dust of the earth, then your seed would also be counted.

Genesis 15:13
Then the L-rd said to Abram: "Know for sure that your seed will be sojourners in a land that is not theirs, and they will be slaves there, and they will be oppressed for four hundred years."

Genesis 26:4
...and I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and will give to your seed all these lands...

Genesis 22:17
...I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and as the sand upon the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies; and through your seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have hearkened to My voice.

Exodus 24:6-8
And Moses took half the blood and put it in basins; and half the blood he sprinkled on the altar. Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read in the hearing of the people; and they said: "All that the L-rd has spoken we will do and obey." And Moses took the blood and sprinkled it upon the people, and said: "Behold, the blood of the covenant that the L-rd has made with you in accordance with all these words."

Let us see what Jesus' follower has to say...

Hebrews 9:19-20
For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled on both the book itself and all the people, saying: "This is the blood of the covenant which G-d commanded you."

The Book of the Covenant was not sprinkled with blood.

Genesis 47:31
And he [Jacob] said: "Swear to me." And he [Joseph] swore to him. Then Israel [Jacob] bowed himself upon the head of his bed.

Let's see what Jesus' follower says.

Hebrews 11:21
By faith Jacob, when dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, bowing in worship over the head of his staff.

Joseph bowed upon the head of his bed, not his staff.

Let the fun begin.

JESUS' trial took place at night among a group of related religious leaders. What does the OLD TESTAMENT say with regard to trials? Is it not HEBREW tradition that say that a child's father can be considered his grandfather - great grandfather etc.?

jtartar

Hello,
To all those who think they know more than God and His son. How can any man who is so limited in knowledge state that what God had written is wrong??
All information about things are not written in one place all the time. Many times other writers add to what was written earlier.
Many times in the Holy Scriptures people are called by more than one name.
Things can be bought by more than one person. It can also be that when a person buys something, he is not buying as much of the area as another person, so the amout paid can be different.
True Christians are harmonizers, they know that God's word is true, so they look for an explanation as to why one place seems to differ with another.
Are any of yoy calling The Almighty God a lier?? Are you calling God's Only Begotten son, whom He loves a lier??
The Bible tells us that the Bible was inspired by God and is good for setting things straight, for teaching, 2Tim 3:16,17.
The term inspired means GOD BREATHED and is not of mens thinking, 2Pet 1:20,21, Gal 1:11,12, 1Thes 2:13.
God Himself promised that He would protect His word from all generations, Ps 12:6,7, Isa 40:8, Pro 30:5,6.
God's own son, Jesus said that God's word is truth, John 17:17, Peter said that Gods word will remain forever, 1Pet 1:25. If the words of the Bible are changed so as to tell a message other than what God meant, it is no longer God's word, Gal 1:6-9.
Remember, Jesus was alive when all things on earth occurred. Any time Jesus said something that seems to disagree with earlier scripture, Jesus is just adding to what happened so that things are even more clear. Jesus' words are complimentary, never contradictory.
One of the reasons for having four gospels is to get the message from four different perspectives or coign of vantages, with each adding a little more to clarify or to add to knowledge.
The Bible is inerrant as to when it was written, and to whom it was first written. Over the many years and many copies, some errors did creep into the text. These were mostly numbers, and names, and have nothing to do with the message from God, and most of the errors have been determined by Bible scholars and have been corrected,
It can definitely be said, that the Bible today is the same message that God meant for all mankind.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
How can any man who is so limited in knowledge state that what God had written is wrong??
What, exactly, did God write?
The term inspired means GOD BREATHED and is not of mens thinking, 2Pet 1:20,21, Gal 1:11,12, 1Thes 2:13.
But God's inspiration was transmitted through the human filter, which, as we all know, is faulty.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
It is interesting to think that some people believe that Jesus was a Rabbi who astounded the Pharisees, given his tendency to be wrong about scripture.

The same goes for Paul who is claimed to be a Pharisee who learned with Gamaliel.

I have 11 examples of where Jesus & pals got it wrong. This should be an interesting discussion. Perhaps when you respond, you could pick one to focus on.

Matthew 23:35
...that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the Sanctuary and the altar.

It is strange that Jesus could not tell the difference between one Zechariah and another.

Zechariah the son of Barachiah was not murdered.
Zechariah the son of Jehoiada was.

II Chronicles 24:20-21
Then the spirit of G-d took possession of Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest;...and they conspired against him, and by the command of the king they stoned him with stones in the court of the House of the L-rd.

Now I know Jesus was going on a whole rant and rave (just because the Pharisees wouldn't accept him - how mature) and in anger couldn't think straight hence the error.

Being so I didn't take it as he was THAT bad. Yet then I came across another one of Jesus' rants and from here I began to understand where all this was coming from...Let us further examine -

Mark 2:25--26
And he [Jesus] said to them: "Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were with him; how he entered the House of G-d, when Abiathar was high priest,..."

I Samuel 21:2
Then David came to Nob, to Ahimelech the priest, and Ahimelech came to meet David trembling, and said to him: "Why are you alone, and no man with you?"

Ahimelech was high priest at that time. Only after his death (I Samuel 22:18) did his son, Abiathar, succeed him:

I Samuel 30:7
And David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelech....

Apparently Jesus wasn't all that fluent in scripture and chose followers who weren't either all that knowledgeable. Let us examine.

II Samuel 5:6--7
And the king and his men went to Jerusalem against the Jebusites....David took the stronghold of Zion, the same is the city of David.

Ah yes, Luke - not even a Jew writes -

Luke 2:4--5
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be enrolled with Mary, his betrothed wife who was with child.

Jerusalem, not Bethlehem, is called the "city of David."

Genesis 11:26
When Terah had lived seventy years he became the father of Abram....

Genesis 12:4
...Abram was seventy--five years old when he departed from Haran.

Genesis 11:32
The days of Terah were 205 years and Terah died in Haran.

Acts 7:4
Then he [Abraham] departed from the land of the Chaldeans, and lived in Haran. And after his father died, G-d removed him from there into the land [in which] you are now living.

Abraham left Haran when Terah was 145 (70+75), which was sixty years before Terah died (205 - 145). Were the Apostles familiar with math?

Genesis 46:27
And the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two souls; all the souls of the house of Jacob that came into Egypt were seventy.

Acts 7:14
And Joseph sent and called to him Jacob his father and his kindred; seventy--five souls.

Joshua 24:32
The bones of Joseph, which the children of Israel brought up from Egypt, were buried in Shechem, in the portion of ground that Jacob bought from the sons of Hamor, the father of Shechem, for one hundred pieces of money; and they became the inheritance of the children of Joseph.

Let us see what Jesus' follower says

Acts 7:15--16
And Jacob went down into Egypt, and he died, he and our fathers, and they were carried over to Shechem and laid in the tomb that Abraham had bought for the sum of money from the sons of Hamor of Shechem.

Only Joseph was buried in Shechem, and Jacob bought the plot, not Abraham.

Jacob was buried in the plot Abraham had bought IN HEBRON.

Exodus 14:22
And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on dry land; the waters were a wall to them on their right side and on their left.

Paul (the supposed expert in the Torah) wrote

I Corinthians 10:1
I want you to know, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized to Moses in the cloud and in the sea....

One is baptized in water, not under a cloud, and the Jews stood on dry land, not in the sea itself.

Numbers 25:9
And those that died by the plague were 24,000.

Paul (a man who claimed to be a Pharisee) wrote -

I Corinthians 10:8
We must not indulge in fornication as some of them did, and 23,000 fell in a single day.

Paul (a self fashioned ex-Pharisee) wrote-

Galatians 3:16
Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his seed. It does not say, "and to his seeds," referring to many, but, referring to one, "and to your seed," which is Christ.

The Hebrew word zera (seed) is invariably used in the singular when referring to progeny, whether one person or many are meant. For example, wherever G-d promised to bless Abraham's "seed," his descendants were intended:

Genesis 13:16
I will make your seed as the dust of the earth; so that if one could count the dust of the earth, then your seed would also be counted.

Genesis 15:13
Then the L-rd said to Abram: "Know for sure that your seed will be sojourners in a land that is not theirs, and they will be slaves there, and they will be oppressed for four hundred years."

Genesis 26:4
...and I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and will give to your seed all these lands...

Genesis 22:17
...I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and as the sand upon the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies; and through your seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have hearkened to My voice.

Exodus 24:6-8
And Moses took half the blood and put it in basins; and half the blood he sprinkled on the altar. Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read in the hearing of the people; and they said: "All that the L-rd has spoken we will do and obey." And Moses took the blood and sprinkled it upon the people, and said: "Behold, the blood of the covenant that the L-rd has made with you in accordance with all these words."

Let us see what Jesus' follower has to say...

Hebrews 9:19-20
For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled on both the book itself and all the people, saying: "This is the blood of the covenant which G-d commanded you."

The Book of the Covenant was not sprinkled with blood.

Genesis 47:31
And he [Jacob] said: "Swear to me." And he [Joseph] swore to him. Then Israel [Jacob] bowed himself upon the head of his bed.

Let's see what Jesus' follower says.

Hebrews 11:21
By faith Jacob, when dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, bowing in worship over the head of his staff.

Joseph bowed upon the head of his bed, not his staff.

Let the fun begin.

Here ya go Shady.. Check these out...:)

YouTube - Jesus Was Wrong

raybo

courier...
New to the RF and wish to say, Hello!... to each reply here on this thread.

For the record: As any layperson can, i have peeked into most religions and supporting scripture's. It has been to my astonishment to see an uncanny consistency running through them all. Often, one must distinguish whether the verse is allegorical, literal, etc. I have framed such insights as 1ST attention, 2nd attention, 3rd and so on. Another way, is to say one is worldly, seeker, enlightened, seeker after enlightened, or everfree.

For consideration: A worldly figure would immediately see the separation between the scriptures shared. A seeker would look for similarities etc. and an everfree something else. Within that something else, perhaps one would "see" that in each religion established since the Torah, the Lord's did not add their own words to scripture. This included Jesus, Krishna, Mohammad nor Siddhartha. There devotee's, or disciples did so some time later. Yet again, when one looks at what was written; the consistency offered has a consistency that is seldom ever of mans doing, and one might include has inspired origins.

Even though i was born Christian, i suspect my searching has made me a blenderist of sorts. To this, let me add that as i researched i was habitually returned to the Torah regarding the framework "covenants" that had been established between Israel and G-d. Ultimately a profound love for Israel "Jews" was revealed or exposed, and likewise in time, had a profound effect on me... on my heart, lets say. The profound nature of this love came with what i would call, "a deep longing". For a while if i passed someone Jewish i would feel this and want to fall to my knees. Weird eh!

In conclusion and with out bias let me add, scripture alone stands as a lesser knowledge; for it is ultimately upon the "insight" of the one looking in, who inspires it so. Further, one cannot love G-d unconditionally without loving Israel first and foremost. Jesus is one of these. He would not want to be considered any more or less than any of his beloved brothers, David, Samuel, Moses or Elijah. Yet, he credited John the Baptist as the greatest man whom has ever lived. Perhaps John did his calling apart from receiving "any divine power" as in the Lord's calling. Johns calling was to prepare the way for someone very special. Each can decide for themselves the reason behind this. What this one "sees" is pretty cool.

Further considerations: Does New Testament Gospels or scripture deny the legitimacy of the Torah? Does the scripture contain inherent inconsistencies written by the hands of those who witnessed or for those who were inspired along the way? This one has not seen it, humbly speaking! Thanks for the post and insightful replies.

Blessings All!

ray

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

The flaw in that argument is that if Jesus kept getting it wrong, why didn't the priests and the people just laugh him out of town and forget him?

Perhaps they did, yet the authors stubbornly ignored this and wrote it they way they wanted it written.

Perhaps Jesus didn't exist altogether, and the authors were simply poorly educated... perhaps the authors were well educated and they were writing for an audience that they expected to be poorly educated... and since the book was written for non-Jews, the audience wouldn't be expected to know what the prophets actually said, and which prophets actually said them.

Maybe he did exist... and the priests and people recognized his tendency to lie about and fabricate the words of the prophets, which is why they wanted him dead.

The only flaw here is assuming that Jesus was what the gospels say he was.

Poisonshady313

Further considerations: Does New Testament Gospels or scripture deny the legitimacy of the Torah? Does the scripture contain inherent inconsistencies written by the hands of those who witnessed or for those who were inspired along the way? This one has not seen it, humbly speaking! Thanks for the post and insightful replies.

Blessings All!

ray

It is my position that the "New Testament Gospels" and the Torah are mutually exclusive. If one is right, the other cannot be.

The two do not compliment each other, they do not complete each other. I believe that Christians who say that the "New Testament" fulfills the "old testament", that everything in the "old testament" points to the "new"... either don't understand the "new testament", or they don't understand the Torah.

raybo

courier...
Pshady313,

Yes!That will be a most interesting debate... that most all could take something from. The Torah, New testament, Holy of holies, conclusion of the Torah with Ecclesiastics, and all related fodder with regards to the timing of it all. This one truly believes much has been missed regarding the above.

Your post at least for me... a blenderist has much resonance... and it should be explored.

Hawk

Christian Objectivist
We'll take 'em as you listed them: #1, Zechariah son of Barachiah or Zechariah son of Jehoiada...

Jews (like Europeans) often have two names: Simon/Cephus, Jacob/Israel, Matthew/Levi, Lebbeus/Thaddeus, etc. Barachiah and Jehoida could be two names of the same fellow. This notion is enhanced by the fact that both Barachiah and Jehoiada mean essentially "Blessed" or "Favored" of God. I don't dispute, however, that someone may have copied in Matthew's margin the (presumed) name of the father and that it was later added into the text. That would be one reason that Luke's account of the same incident didn't mention the father's name. In either case, the question of Jesus "not knowing the difference" is a moot point. The fact that it is STILL in Matthew's Gospel provides evidence that the oldest documents were NOT edited to remove all "apparent discrepencies."

Hawk

Christian Objectivist
Now lets address #2, Abiathar as high priest:

If you look at the Greek text, you will see that it does NOT say, " ... when Abiathar WAS high priest." It says, "in the days of Abiathar the high priest." If you study the Old Testament, will find that Abiathar is the high priest MOST CLOSELY associated/affiliated with the reign of King David ... he was the fellow who abandoned his "official post" to join up with David. Abiathar's "claim to fame" and general designation/title for the remainder of history is as a "high priest" in the Davidic kingdom, although he wasn't always the high priest. As to the wording, it is not dissimilar to our saying, "Robert Lee the Confederate General, attended West Point Military Academy." When in fact, GENERAL Robert E. Lee did not "attend" West Point (except as the Commandant in later years.) It was CADET Robert E. Lee who attended the school. It was Cadet Rob't E. Lee who was "destined to become" GENERAL.. but is always referred toas GENERAL Robert E. Lee. In order to prevent any confusion with any OTHER "Abiathar," he is "the one who we know as the high priest." President Obama did not attend school in Indonesia, although it is frequently said that he did. It was STUDENT Obama (or whatever he was calling himself at the time) who attended school there. But no one says, "Student Obama" .. and saying "President Obama" eliminates any potential confusion about WHICH Obama we're talking about.

Hawk

Christian Objectivist
#3 is an easy one. In 1Sam17:12 we read, "Now David was the son of the Ephrathite of BETHLEHEM in Judah, whose name was Jesse, and he had eight sons." As most people would readily see, Bethlehem was the BIRTHPLACE of David. It was "David's Home Town" ... His official "home of record" so to speak. And that's why Joseph went to David's HOME TOWN, or the city of David.