• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

126,000 babies died today.

Okieshowedem

There are 46,000,000 abortions every year world wide.
That is 126,000 babies a day that are killed.
You can read this information on line.
See why the Scriptures state that in the Last Days sin would reach its peak.

Okieshowedem

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
You mean 126,000 embryos and fetus.

Your tactic of framing this "debate" before it has even started has not gone unnoticed. Do you have anything other than appeals to emotion?

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
The world abortion rate is actually decreasing thanks to education and improving technology. If abortion is a prime example of sin, it reached a peak a long time ago. Abortion is hard to combat [but not impossible] because the mothers are just as involved in the process as the child; I'm sure with the growing resources being pumped into the field of ectogenesis a solution may one day appear.

Unfortunately, we seem to overlook the kids who are out of the womb: 30,000 kids die each day from hunger, 10 million children are classified as refugees, and 250,000 children go blind each year because they couldn't get two cents worth of vitamin A. If there's one sin that's reached it's peak, it's been greed.

ayani

Unfortunately, we seem to overlook the kids who are out of the womb: 30,000 kids die each day from hunger, 10 million children are classified as refugees, and 250,000 children go blind each year because they couldn't get two cents worth of vitamin A. If there's one sin that's reached it's peak, it's been greed.

frubals.

Mike182

Flaming Queer

Okieshowedem

what exactly do you want to debate? i'm sure the scriptures do say something along those lines... so?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The ironic part? Nearly 80% of the women getting abortions in the US claim to be religious.

And, just as ironically, the countrys with the highest abortion rates tend to be those with the most actively religious populations.

The world abortion rate is actually decreasing thanks to education and improving technology. If abortion is a prime example of sin, it reached a peak a long time ago. Abortion is hard to combat [but not impossible] because the mothers are just as involved in the process as the child; I'm sure with the growing resources being pumped into the field of ectogenesis a solution may one day appear.

Amen Mr. Costa. Unfortunatly solving these problems would take money, something that the average "pro-lifer" is much less willing to spread around than judgement and self-righteousness.

Like you say, greed.

yuvgotmel

The "abortion problem" is not so simple to answer.

Less than a 100 years ago, medical science was not as up-to-date as it is now. And it was not long ago, that the rate of death (stillborn infants) and loss of life by the mother during delivery was about 50/50 (to the best of my knowledge). And, with the poor and harsher living environment, there were many miscarriages as well.

Modern medical science and improved living conditions have aided in a huge population growth--of which the world civilizations do not appear to be able to handle.

The economy is bad. There is high-unemployment in many countries (not just the USA). And quite frankly, I'm not sure how many more hundreds of millions and billions the Earth can handle--while still maintaining a proper balance in the eco-system (including animal, marine and plant life).

Abortion may seem horrifying, but, (from a wider view), it may be a temporary solution to a serious problem (of rapid over-population).

The Seeker

Once upon a time....

Okieshowedem

Exactly how does one determine when sin reaches its peak? There are many atrocities that have occurred during the history of mankind which I personally would consider worse than abortion and we're still here. Is there a sin-o-meter that we should be keeping an eye on?

yuvgotmel

Exactly how does one determine when sin reaches its peak? There are many atrocities that have occurred during the history of mankind which I personally would consider worse than abortion and we're still here. Is there a sin-o-meter that we should be keeping an eye on?

It's right beside the BS-detector. :eek: :foot:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

My sources inform me that Pat Robertson has a secret device called the Iniqu-nometer that simultaneously monitors every cell phone, survaliance camera, and computer connection on earth (although I can't prove it---yet).

According to his data more sin has been transfered and transmitted via cell phones and computers in just the last few decades than in all the other centuries of man's existance combined!.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
With the male birth control soon hitting the markets, I suspect the number will become even lower.

I think everyone here wants to prevent abortion. The issue is with criminalizing it when that won't do anything but put the mothers in danger. If we want to prevent abortions, or even seriously consider banning it, we must first turn towards perfecting birth control, fighting poverty, improving the adoption process, providing expecting mothers with free social programs, supplying everyone with unbiased sex education, addressing sexual predators and forced exploitation, and counseling teenagers -- on a world scale.

As earlier noted, that requires a lot more time and a heck of a lot more money than just criminalizing abortion, but the results would be far reaching.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer

God has it, and he doesn't let us see it.

yuvgotmel

By the way, according to author Isaiah Oke in the book "Blood Secrets: The True Story of Demon Worship and Ceremonial Murder," he wrote that the abortion rate is quite low in much of Africa, due to the influence of the Catholic church and other sects of Christianity. However, it has not stopped mothers from killing their children--after the babies are born. In fact, many of the babies are found in dumpsters, abandoned in many "dumping spots" and a large percentage of the unwanted babies are used for human sacrifices in the ever-present religion of Juju (despite Christianity's influence).

McBell

Admiral Obvious
By the way, according to author Isaiah Oke in the book "Blood Secrets: The True Story of Demon Worship and Ceremonial Murder," he wrote that the abortion rate is quite low in much of Africa, due to the influence of the Catholic church and other sects of Christianity. However, it has not stopped mothers from killing their children--after the babies are born. In fact, many of the babies are found in dumpsters, abandoned in many "dumping spots" and a large percentage of the unwanted babies are used for human sacrifices in the ever-present religion of Juju (despite Christianity's influence).
wow.
And the US is worried about 'partial-birth' abortions.
Wonder how many right to lifers would not have a problem with this type of trend?

cardero

Citizen Mod
126,000 babies died today...
...and over 8 million dogs and cats are killed each year in county shelters and humane societies.

ADOPT A PET TODAY!!!....
...or God will kill you.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Some of the highest abortion rates are thought to occur in Latin American countries that ban both abortion and birth control. I agree with those who say that banning abortion is not a realistic solution to preventing abortions.