• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

171 days left until Jesus' second coming

Skwim

Veteran Member
"There are 24 shopping days left till Christmas.

And 171 days left until Jesus' second coming.

That's the message on 40 billboards around Nashville, proclaiming May 21, 2011, as the date of the Rapture. Billboards are up in eight other U.S. cities, too.

Fans of Family Radio Inc., a nationwide Christian network, paid for the billboards. Family Radio's founder, Harold Camping, predicted the May date for the Rapture.

Their message is simple — "He Is Coming Again" — and their aim is to get unbelievers to turn around quickly.

The Rapture is going to be a great day for God's people but awful for everyone else, said Allison Warden, 29, who orchestrated Nashville's billboard campaign."
source

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope there will be a lot of attention on the people spreading this belief when the day comes and goes. It would be very annoying if nothing happened and everyone forgot about it.

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
Well, let's see.

World was supposed to end in '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, ' 05, '07, '08, and earlier this year.

I don't think I'm gonna hold my breath on this one.

Renji

It is said that "no one knows the day and the hour when the son of man will return". That's why they say that "He will come like a thief". This message from the bible itself was supposedly 'ignored' by those 'christians' who say they 'know' when He will come again.

They should have posted this. It is much better:D:
[youtube]IsPFDzAGb4A[/youtube]
YouTube - Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment

It is much better listening a good song than waste time listening to those 'prophecies' that have long time ago, failed to predict the 2nd coming.

Gloone

I wonder if he will get a better welcome this time around than he did the last time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you think Jesus will need some self-storage or warehouse space?
I cater to Xtians, & give'm the same great deal that everyone else gets.

Renji

As a Christian myself, it is quite dangerous to tell "that the Lord will come on this date, blah, blah". That's a blasphemy because as I said, no one know when it will 'happen'. Perhaps this is a sort of 'propaganda' by a particular 'so-called' christian sects to convert many. But the scriptures itself say that not all who bears 'christian' title or the name of 'Christ' is a 'true' follower..

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
As a Christian myself, it is quite dangerous to tell "that the Lord will come on this date, blah, blah". That's a blasphemy because as I said, no one know when it will 'happen'. Perhaps this is a sort of 'propaganda' by a particular 'so-called' christian sects to convert many. But the scriptures itself say that not all who bears 'christian' title or the name of 'Christ' is a 'true' follower..

In before "no true scotsman"

ellenjanuary

I'm not exactly Christian, but I was thinking along these lines. Arrogance of these people. Stone 'em, book says. :D

Blueriver

And the Lord said to me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination a worthless thing, and thr deceit of their heart.....Jeremiah 14:14