• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

22 year old guy having sex with a 16 year old girl

Am I right to be angry?

• Yes

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

Dewayne2

Hi. Long time reader, first time poster.

I found this in a fitness forum.

A guy, 22, wants to have sex with a girl who's 16. I'm the dad of a 1 year old daughter. I am worried about her enough as it is, but I cant think of how much I'd worry about this if this was my daughter. I'm angry about this guy doing this, am I right to be angry? What would you do if your daughter was in this situation?

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
My best friend in high school was 16 when she dated her 22 year old boyfriend. Her parents knew about it and they were cool with it. She was a virgin as well, and she eventually married him. They were a very happy couple last time I talked to her. i see nothing wrong with it as long as she is consenting. It's nothing but a 6 year age difference, no big deal.

Oh and welcome to the forums as well.

I also voted not sure cuz I can't be 100% certain you don't have a right to be angry. You can be angry at whatever you want.

Random

I voted "no". But I understand your concern. She has to learn to make her own choices though...

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
I don't think I'd want my daughter consenting at that age, even if she legally could. Maybe I'd feel differently if I were convinced she was able to care for and support a child if one resulted, but that's too young in my view. I guess I'm just a grumpy old guy.

Ringer

Jar of Clay

A guy, 22, wants to have sex with a girl who's 16. I'm the dad of a 1 year old daughter. I am worried about her enough as it is, but I cant think of how much I'd worry about this if this was my daughter. I'm angry about this guy doing this, am I right to be angry? What would you do if your daughter was in this situation?

If she lived under my roof then she would have to abide by certain guidelines. Naturally, I would be a little leery of a 22 year old that would be showing a lot of interest in my 16 year old daughter. Your ability to make sound and rational decisions probably isn't at a peak when you are 16. I would also make it a point to talk to the 22 year and find out what his intentions are with my daughter. Give him the old "Meet the Parents" treatment. For all I know he could be the greatest 22 year old guy I'd ever meet. No way of knowing unless he makes it a point to show you his intentions. If he was not willing to do that then you could bet I wouldn't be approving of their realtionship and their would be strict guidelines she would have to obey.

A

angellous_evangellous

That's illegal in many parts of the world. That blog can be used against him ...

If it is legal, I see less wrong with it, but I'd be more comfortable if she were older than 18.

Booko

Deviled Hen

Good. If he wants to have sex with a 16-year old -- he can marry her.

If he's not willing to step up to that level of committment, then yes I do have a problem with it.

I've met some couples that were of similar ages whose dedication was obvious, but the intent was more than just having sex.

And I've met some guys in their 20s who wanted to have sex with 16 year old girls because, quite frankly, they had personal problems ranging from insecurity to pedophilia. No thanks. I'd be angry if such a man came around my 16-year old daughter. He'd back off or be speaking to the education committee, I expect.

Smoke

Done here.
I think sixteen is old enough to decide whether you want to have sex or not, and with whom, if anybody.

I would naturally be disappointed, though, if my sixteen-year-old daughter got involved with a 22-year-old guy whose blog is called "Becoming a Pickup-Artist: Giving Life the Middle Finger."

I would at least have a long talk with her about choices.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I think that it depends on that couple's situation, I said no because from the information gathered, nothing has been said about taking advantage. Do you actually know the couple?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I wouldn't want my daughter having sex at 16 with a 22 year old. Thank god she's almost 21. :D

However, when I was 16 I dated a 21 year old. My mom wasn't happy about it at first but once she got to know him it was great.

So, it depends. You could be over reacting. :shrug:

rojse

RF Addict

In Australia, the legal age is sixteen.

What country are these two people from, and is it legal for that age?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I can see some room for concern, but not anger. A 6 year age difference does not necessarily mean anything.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I would have to be lying in a pool of cold blood for my 16 year old daughter to have sex with anyone let alone a 22 year old who obviously has problems if he cannot date someone his own age.

Anyone at 22 who would date a 16 year old has problems. 36 and 30, not a big deal. 22 and 16, big deal.

spiritually inclined

I'm 19. I lost my virginity at 16. We're really open with sex, so I don't think sexual activity is a big deal.

But there may be need for concern. Just meet the guy and get to know him. Many 16 year olds aren't mature enough to access such things.

James

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason

Why are you angry about this?

I can't vote in your poll and tell you if you are right to be angry if I don't even know what you are angry about.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
A 16 year old girl is often as mature as a 22 year old boy.

A 5 or 6 year age gap is quite usual in couples here, some times even the other way round.
What is so important about the age if it is legal.
What is the difference with a 16 year old making a mistake with a sixteen year old or a 22 year old.
it ends up with a pregnancy... and the 22 year old is more likely and able to give support and or marry than another 16 year old...
Most mistakes are made with younger boys....

For a 22 year old to TARGET 16 year old's is wrong and probably dangerous.

Ozzie

I think sixteen is old enough to decide whether you want to have sex or not, and with whom, if anybody.

I would naturally be disappointed, though, if my sixteen-year-old daughter got involved with a 22-year-old guy whose blog is called "Becoming a Pickup-Artist: Giving Life the Middle Finger."

I would at least have a long talk with her about choices.
I would be emphasising many times over the choices and personal responsibility for those given a middle finger does not prevent an STD.

Draka

Wonder Woman

I'm of a different mind here. If we were talking about an actual couple, then that would be one thing. Questions could be asked about how long and how well they know each other and so on. What I see here when I read this post is that a guy on another forum has said that he wants to have sex with a 16 year old girl. No mention of love or relationship. Just the desire to "do" a teenager. In this case I would consider the guy a pervert and possible sexual predator. That would make me worry...and it would make me very upset.

Also, even if we are talking about a loving relationship between two people here, I'd have to wonder WHY the guy feels he needs to voice his sexual desire to sleep with her along with their respective ages over an online public forum. That still makes me wonder. We have an eros room here and I still don't see anyone there talking about how they want to have sex with anyone inparticular and making a point to broadcast their ages. It's one thing to discuss sexual topics, but quite another to declare sexual intentions towards anyone publically to anyone who will read it.