• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

22 year old guy having sex with a 16 year old girl

Am I right to be angry?

• Yes

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
In the US (where I believe the majority of posters are), it is likely statutory rape.

No matter where you live, perhaps the law is not the most important factor. The father might not be so understanding with the young man being with his child.

AslanDesu

Day after day I am finding threads more hilarious then the next, and the fact that we must build on ashes is compounded in my mind.

frg001

Complex bunch of atoms
In the US (where I believe the majority of posters are), it is likely statutory rape.

Ok well it certainly isn't in the UK, or most of Europe.
What is the legal age of consent in the US then?

*EDIT seems that most states it is in fact 16, perfectly acceptable.
Again, I think the parents of the younger person of either sex in this situation have got to accept the wishes of their child. It is perfectly within 'normal' boundaries.

Bathsheba

**{{}}**
I would be very uncomfortable with my 16 y/o daughter having sex with a 22 y/o. But like Buttons said, more information is needed to judge this situation.

I understand the anger; I was scared as a new parent. Hell, I still get scared being a parent.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What is the legal age of consent in the US then?
It varies from state to state over here. Some states are at 16, some at 17, and some at 18. Most people though, even though in my state the age is 16, will not have sex with anyone younger than 18.

nutshell

It's not as easy as saying "16" or "17" or whatever. Usually it's something like 16 so long as the other person is within three years of age, or so long as the other person is a minor, and so on.

gnomon

Hi. Long time reader, first time poster.

I found this in a fitness forum.

A guy, 22, wants to have sex with a girl who's 16. I'm the dad of a 1 year old daughter. I am worried about her enough as it is, but I cant think of how much I'd worry about this if this was my daughter. I'm angry about this guy doing this, am I right to be angry? What would you do if your daughter was in this situation?

Who?
What?
Where?

In some areas men in their young twenties actively court 15 year old women seeking approval from the mother for marriage. They probably think we are a bunch of fools.

We need to consult the Universal Manual of Morality. Now if I can remember where I placed it....

Panda

42?
Premium Member
If the girl was consenting then I see no problem, while it is unusual where I live (Scotland) it is not against the law.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
I voted "Not sure" but really a neither vote.

Being protective of your offspring is normal, having your feelings bleed over into similar situations is normal.

You will always be territorial about your "little girl" even when she is 25 etc, the problem is you are allowing that protective instinct get the better of you.

Ask yourself this, if you had a son who was 16 and he was sleeping with a 22yo, would you have a problem with it?

Mercy Not Sacrifice

This is rape. Consent has NOTHING to do with it. You have a right to be angry and don't let anyone else convince you otherwise. A father has a special feeling to protect his daughter. You are in a better position to accomplish this than any other person in the universe (despite what some may and will say). Don't buy it!!!

:eek:

I voted "Not sure" but really a neither vote.

Being protective of your offspring is normal, having your feelings bleed over into similar situations is normal.

You will always be territorial about your "little girl" even when she is 25 etc, the problem is you are allowing that protective instinct get the better of you.

Ask yourself this, if you had a son who was 16 and he was sleeping with a 22yo, would you have a problem with it?

Pardus, you just nailed it.