• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
How arrogant are humans to predict when the world ends? Mike for your sake if May 21st hits I hope you're right and you are raptured. If you're wrong, you should not only apologize to the gullible souls who may have been influenced by you. No faking your death, no excuses, just simply admit you were wrong. This website is exposed to all people and to those who may not know the "end of the world according to the bible." I will be anxiously awaiting May 21st. But I have this feeling you'll be absent here to admit that. I just hope nobody soon after registers to this forum claiming you disappeared in a rapture...

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
On another note and I don't mean to put your business out there, but in another thread you also claimed to have some psychological issues. I want to ask you if, along with your belief in the end of the world, do you believe it is possible that your psychological issues may have created this grandiose thinking you have concerning the world? The reason I ask is because not only have I personally confirmed wit my own religious sources that this is NOT an accurate and scholarly prediction but an actual scare tactic.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And how dumb are you going to feel when it does happen TW and all the rest of you. It is only natural of me, but I can't help but feel so bad for those mocking God and his will. I also can't say I am happy that you are paying so close attention to what's going to happen, because it is like you are challenging it to come, to happen, like you are brave and strong. All that will change soon enough.
What you don't get about me is that I neither want this to happen or don't want it to happen. It has nothing to do with me, Harold Camping or anyone else. What are we in the face of God's will? Nothing, just mere messengers.

Well it's noteworthy that all this started with Campings proclaiments using only an ancient literary source and apparant personal conviction as a reliable and accurate basis of which not everyone shares that view. If Camping really wants to be taken seriously by the general populace, more needs to be produced to institute anything convincing other than riding folks around in placarded trucks bearing advertisements and an internet address to the organisations website*. Therefore it shouldn't be too overly surprising to come across rebuttal in face when in fact there are no inclinations elsewhere that this is even going to remotely happen at the specific times given. As far as the natural universe goes, things are stable ATM concerning the ultimate destruction of the world, so the dates given are pretty much voided out already making me quite certain this is not going to happen in this particular manner. A few earthquakes involving the natural processes of the Earth that has done notable damage and involved a loss of life as of late, yet a bit more time to go methinks before any inevitable worldwide destruction happens.

As far as yourself Mike it appears that you actually have something to do with Camping in light that you appear convinced that this is going to happen as evidenced by your OP. In light of your mental outlook, the best therapy possible even if mentally painful is to simply see the dates pass without incident and realize that obsession is more of a private battle that you need to come to terms with. I'm going to have a lot of fun poking at the nuances of this, but personally I hope for much healing on your part and the awaking and enlightenment of those who glimpse direct reality through the haze of the mind in the eventual passing of the proclaimed dates.

* I cant help to think this could be clever marketing to bring sudden attention to the organisation. Why else you add on the internet address?

Noaidi

slow walker
I didn't know anything about this until I read this thread yesterday. Unbelievable stuff!! How many more 'end of the world' prophesies do we have to go through (with the attendant hysteria amongst those who get sucked into them)?

Just_me_Mike

I didn't know anything about this until I read this thread yesterday. Unbelievable stuff!! How many more 'end of the world' prophesies do we have to go through (with the attendant hysteria amongst those who get sucked into them)?

This will be the last one.

Twilight Hue

Quite a list of them. The James Randi Educational Foundation has a short list of failed predictions compiled on the site. B.C./A.D. until June 1999. Of course this is due for an update. :O)

James Randi Educational Foundation — An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural

GabrielWithoutWings

And how dumb are you going to feel when it does happen TW and all the rest of you. It is only natural of me, but I can't help but feel so bad for those mocking God and his will. I also can't say I am happy that you are paying so close attention to what's going to happen, because it is like you are challenging it to come, to happen, like you are brave and strong. All that will change soon enough.
What you don't get about me is that I neither want this to happen or don't want it to happen. It has nothing to do with me, Harold Camping or anyone else. What are we in the face of God's will? Nothing, just mere messengers.

I feel bad for someone like you who resorts to simple fear-mongering and mind-thuggery. I like you and all but this position of yours I find unacceptable. All you're doing is raising the stress levels of people that may not be so firm in their convictions, beliefs, or mental state.

Also, why are you even bothering to sit here and tell us doom is approaching? For us to repent? To fall to our knees and beg forgiveness? Forgiveness has come too late anyway, if what you say is true. Falling to our knees begging forgiveness would be worthless in the eyes of God because we've already been forewarned. So basically, you just condemned everyone on this board with your pronouncement.

Pray you're wrong. If not, enjoy those millstones around your neck.

Last edited:

David69

Angel Of The North
Hey Mike, what date does jesus come on a cloud of heaven and beam you up to him?
Cant wait! Just imagine Jesus beaming all those people up to heaven that have subscribed to this bazar myth! Well heres some information for you's... Jesus is re-born on earth!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember me and my words of wisdom because its from God and jesus directly. The truth m8!
Al pray for you mike!

Noaidi

slow walker
I feel bad for someone like you who resorts to simple fear-mongering and mind-thuggery. I like you and all but this position of yours I find unacceptable. All you're doing is raising the stress levels of people that may not be so firm in their convictions, beliefs, or mental state.

I agree. This whole notion of the world ending soon is a despicable recruitment-drive by many christian organisations preying on the vulnerable and gullible.
I had a look at the first one that came up when I googled it and it was ebiblefellowship.com. They allow you to post comments, so I let them know what I thought of it.

Let's fill up their inbox, folks:
EBible Fellowship Contact Information

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Jesus-Facepalm.jpg

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Camping's Predictions

MAY 21, 2011 – WORLDWIDE EARTHQUAKE
MAY 21, 2011 – THE RAPTURE
MAY 21, 2011 – JUDGMENT DAY
OCT, 21, 2011 – END OF WORLD
7 Billion – World Population (most will perish)
2 Billion – Christians (so called) – (most perish)
2 Hundred Million – Saved (Raptured) Rev 9
Left Behind – All members of Churches & local
Congregations who refused GODS command
come out of her my people Rev 17-18
05/21/11 to 10/21/11 – Judgment day – 153
Days (5 Months) of Hell on Earth – No Hope

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Camping's Predictions

If that happens I should be able to run full speed into a wall and turn into an accordion.

Twilight Hue

Agree. There will always be back up dates and back up dates for the back up dates.

Usually due to a "mistranslation" or "calculation". So much for divinely inspired interpretation. Oy Vey as my Yiddish friends say.

That is, if I have any Yiddish friends.

Just_me_Mike

Camping's Predictions

Good job TW, it is always helpful to have others post relevant information.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Father Heathen used an excellent picture to express how I personally feel (Facepalm). Just Me Mike listen to Gabriel Without Wings. It is unnecessary to resort to fear mongering tactics by posting such garbage about the end of the world. I am not surprised you didn't respond to my post of me mentioning your mental well being.

Like I said I don't mean to put your business out there but whenever someone claims to have a psychological disorder then claims the world is going to end to me have some serious issues. If you are wrong Mike I encourage you to get help. I encourage you to seek counseling because even devout christians here don't agree with you. To me this is about seeking attention not a healthy discussion. Oh as far as selling all your stuff? I doubt it. For one if you did why the hell are you still posting on RF? I wouldn't be on here posting if I truly felt the world was gonna end cause when it does the internet ill be no more. I think just by reading some of your bizarre stuff you are sermon attention and stressing everyone else out is not helpful and in fact you are doing a doing a huge disservice to a benevolent God than helping........please get help I sincerely mean it.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Father Heathen used an excellent picture to express how I personally feel (Facepalm). Just Me Mike listen to Gabriel Without Wings. It is unnecessary to resort to fear mongering tactics by posting such garbage about the end of the world. I am not surprised you didn't respond to my post of me mentioning your mental well being.

Like I said I don't mean to put your business out there but whenever someone claims to have a psychological disorder then claims the world is going to end to me have some serious issues. If you are wrong Mike I encourage you to get help. I encourage you to seek counseling because even devout christians here don't agree with you. To me this is about seeking attention not a healthy discussion. Oh as far as selling all your stuff? I doubt it. For one if you did why the hell are you still posting on RF? I wouldn't be on here posting if I truly felt the world was gonna end cause when it does the internet ill be no more. I think just by reading some of your bizarre stuff you are sermon attention and stressing everyone else out is not helpful and in fact you are doing a doing a huge disservice to a benevolent God than helping........please get help I sincerely mean it.
Better yet, I would think that if someone thought the world was ending, that they would spend their time more efficiently rather than post on a forum with people that really have no impact in your life......that is unless of course this forum is your life.........................

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Better yet, I would think that if someone thought the world was ending, that they would spend their time more efficiently rather than post on a forum with people that really have no impact in your life......that is unless of course this forum is your life.........................

:yes: