• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7.5 Million Americans Lost Their Religion in the Past Two Years

AmyintheBibleBelt

Republic = power of people through elected representatives.
Democracy = power through the people.
A democracy is mob rule. Majority wins.
A republic guarantees and protects your individual liberties....like freedom, property, speech. And the majority cannot take those liberteries from you in a republic, no matter how much they disagree.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
We are a republic with a democratic voting system. You fail to define republic.

Hold on, here:

Republic (noun): a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

Which is what I said -- Power of the people through their elected representatives.

The US is a democratic Republic that is correct, I am glad you payed attention in gov't class, did you just graduate this year? You are 18-20, at least. (insert sarcasm)

AmyintheBibleBelt

My age, my citizenship status. And then there is the fact that you are arguing me solely because I decided to state that it's not just majority opinion that matters. Which is an absurd concept.
You're right. Politicians pander to pagans because their vote matters. What have politicians done to pursuade the pagan vote?

AmyintheBibleBelt

Hold on, here:

Republic (noun): a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

Which is what I said -- Power of the people through their elected representatives.

The US is a democratic Republic that is correct, I am glad you payed attention in gov't class, did you just graduate this year? You are 18-20, at least. (insert sarcasm)
Very well. Than what didtinguishes a republic from a democracy?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
You're right. Politicians pander to pagans because their vote matters. What have politicians done to pursuade the pagan vote?

Again, why are you arguing me solely based on the fact that you believe the only correct opinion is the popular one. Where did I state that pagans influence politics? This was never part of my argument to begin with. If you want to debate this more, keep your facts straight, and jump in the chat room ( I am getting tired of the alerts here).

AmyintheBibleBelt

Again, why are you arguing me solely based on the fact that you believe the only correct opinion is the popular one. Where did I state that pagans influence politics? This was never part of my argument to begin with. If you want to debate this more, keep your facts straight, and jump in the chat room ( I am getting tired of the alerts here).
You implied little groups have impact. I argued otherwise.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

It means the USA is losing identity. Politics will then go towards becoming like Sweden, or any country of which the statistics look good. Extraordinarily good arguments will be found for the USA not to be leader of the free world. The cleverness of politics will increase, any courage or any emotion whatsoever will be done away with as unprofessional. Real Americans will start a new country in Africa or something to get away from the decay. First they go there to live to evade taxes, then they simply take control democratically and change all the laws to be good. The old USA will then by like Europe. The new USA will be an exciting country where the laws are made in such a way that no social security can run through the state. That you have to invest in a social community to have any social security.

bravoandi

Many people leave their religion for no religion because they find that what they hear in church is irrelevant to their lives.