• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A bloodthirsty god?

Beneck

"Is there really any justification for the genocide of the Amalekites?" Well, they were NOT God's people. They were eople He was sorry that were sround, and certainly didn't want His people (The Jews) mucking around with them. Is that bloodthursty? Salvation by Grace didn't come untill Jesus was around, so the Amalekites needed to be wiped out. Do the Jews of today anything different to the Palestinians? It's not God who's bloodthursty, but people...who think they know God's mind.

gnostic

The Lost One
beneck said:
It's not God who's bloodthursty, but people...who think they know God's mind.
So you don't think Samuel is a prophet?

Also if God didn't order the genocide, then Saul might not lost favour with God, because he had disobey God (about the genocide), and then that would mean David would most likely not become king.

This may be off topic but if you want to be creeped out, read this. I found it very disturbing.
As the day progressed and the Master hung on the cross, the High Priest was busy sacrificing lambs. And when the final one was brought to him, the special one that he had selected, he dispatched it quickly and pronounce the tradition declaration. 'I thirst'. This occurred at the same time that the Messiah said the same words. One was given vinegar and the other wine, but both for the same reason; there was an announcement to be made. Because at the time of the sacrifice of the last lamb, the High Priest would declare, 'It is finished'. But it was the Perfect Lamb that fulfilled prophecy when He declared, 'It is finished'.
To me,this points out that the sacrificial system of the Temple believed in a literal thirst for blood. It is the priest that says "I thirst" but it is probably a corruption of an older right where God says he thirsts, and is given blood. Think about it. The person who made this post was making a connection between the Passover ritual and the death of Christ. But Jesus said this before he died and he did not take the offering. It sounds like Jesus was reciting a line from an invocation of God.
( I can not post links yet so I copied part of this)

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
This may be off topic but if you want to be creeped out, read this. I found it very disturbing.

To me,this points out that the sacrificial system of the Temple believed in a literal thirst for blood. It is the priest that says "I thirst" but it is probably a corruption of an older right where God says he thirsts, and is given blood. Think about it. The person who made this post was making a connection between the Passover ritual and the death of Christ. But Jesus said this before he died and he did not take the offering. It sounds like Jesus was reciting a line from an invocation of God.
( I can not post links yet so I copied part of this)

At satanic rituals, where they sacrifice animals and even babies sometimes, the priest would say...i thirst.

If the priest had to thirst, and jesus said he was thirsty on the cross (not for blood obviously), then it means that jesus was the high priest and not the little lamb on the chopping block.

Anyway...the reason jesus said he was thirsty is all together a different one.

The isrealites use to 'put' their sins on a ram, and send the ram off into the desert and abandon it there. It is here where the ram would suffer from thirst.

This is why jesus, like the ram abandoned, said, 'father father why have you forsaken me', and he said....'i thirst'.

At satanic rituals, where they sacrifice animals and even babies sometimes, the priest would say...i thirst.
If the priest had to thirst, and jesus said he was thirsty on the cross (not for blood obviously), then it means that jesus was the high priest and not the little lamb on the chopping block.
Anyway...the reason jesus said he was thirsty is all together a different one.
The isrealites use to 'put' their sins on a ram, and send the ram off into the desert and abandon it there. It is here where the ram would suffer from thirst.
This is why jesus, like the ram abandoned, said, 'father father why have you forsaken me', and he said....'i thirst'.
You had a different reaction than I did. You know more than I choose to know about. I was grossed out when I was young and found out about the French Revolution.
Here is the link, http://bibleforums.net/forum/showpos...&postcount=681
The guy is someone I had been having exchanges with on another forum. He gave me the link to a post he had made on a different thread. He went into how the High Priest would got to Bethlehem and pick out the most perfect lamb to be the last one to be sacrificed for Passover. He claims that the tradition was for people to go out of the city with palm branches to meet the returning priest and cry out "the perfect lamb". So when Jesus came into the City, he was taking advantage of a situation that was already in place.

Last edited: