• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Challenge To All Creationists

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not true. There is no scientific evidence that supports the BB, so it did not support any predictions. Let me head off the main reason the evos think support the BB--the universe is expanding. How do you know God did not create the universe so it would continue expanding?

Any energy strong enough to continue pushing stars and planets million of light years away, would have made them all dust and killed any chance of life coming into existence.

You can't even explain where the matter that went boom, came from, and you can't explain where that much energy came from. Without scientific evidence for that, it is the BB THEORY that is blown up.
What reason do we have to believe god(s) exist in the first place? Why posit god as an explanation for anything when nobody can empirically demonstrate the existence of any god in the first place? Why posit god as an explanation when there are other explanations that don't require inserting some mysterious entity into it?

omega2xx

Most people don't have a problem with their wisdom teeth coming in..

Yeah... it's essentially the same thing. However, you might be startled to know that whales have leg bones.

tumblr_lzr9nf7TEd1r61f58o1_500.jpg

I'm sure that does some good for swimming, being covered and nothing more than a remnant of evolution - like our appendix.

This is the usual evo wild imagination taking over. That is not a leg bone, it is a fin bone. It unlike the aendix serve a vital purpose and it can't come fro a dog-like animal. You need to go back to school and take an intermediate course in genetics.

A change in the climate and region, of course, that would not be so "quite well" as you think. Similar to how a cooling earth likely forced several theropod species to produce feathers (and they did, we have fossil evidence for that).

If you think scales became feathers, going back to school and having some evo teacher tell you they did. Just save you money. It is IMPOSSIBLE GENETICALLY. It is a necessary evo speculation.

I didn't see you explanation of a nose becoming a blowhole. Once upon a time....and they lived happily ever after.

This ain't Pokémon.
[/QUOTE]

omega2xx

Since this is slightly offensive, I feel entitled to say that you should replace "even" with "only". And I am being generous by conceding so much as two digits.

Since it is only humorous, I will stick with what I usually use. l But thank you for that advice.

There is not such a thing as creation science. By definition of "science".

Technically you are right. There is also no such thing as evolution science, no matter how hard they try to squeeze that square peg into that round hole.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Since it is only humorous, I will stick with what I usually use. l But thank you for that advice.

Technically you are right. There is also no such thing as evolution science, no matter how hard they try to squeeze that square peg into that round hole.

See how much we agree. I also believe there is no evolutionist science. There is no gravitationist science, either.

Cool.

Ciao

- viole

omega2xx

You must be quite proud.

Why???

Then you should accept the theory of evolution. It is science-based. The evidence that supports it comes from almost every scientific field in existence. Biology does not even work without evolution. Nor does genetics.

Then why can't you produce even one example of something that the toe preaches that can be proved scientifically.

I have, and they don't. If they actually did, then creationism would be the accepted, prevailing scientific theory that best fits the available evidence. But it isn't. That designation goes to the theory of evolution.

So now we are going to determine truth by majority. sorry, real science proves what it says. If it was true, all scientists would accept it and it would no longer be called theory.

So again, I'm going to go with the accepted science, independent confirmation and the consensus of evidence, rather than with some lone poster on a religious forum that thinks they've got it all figured out. If you think you do, please feel free to publish your findings in scientific journals. And get ready to collect your Nobel Prize because anybody who could manage to falsify the theory of evolution would surely turn all of science on its head.

That fine I will stick with real science

The people who have spent their lives studying this stuff accept the theory of evolution as the explanation that best fits the evidence. I'm going with them.

What evidence do you have in mind? You can't provide the evidence for even one thing.

omega2xx

What reason do we have to believe god(s) exist in the first place? Why posit god as an explanation for anything when nobody can empirically demonstrate the existence of any god in the first place? Why posit god as an explanation when there are other explanations that don't require inserting some mysterious entity into it?

Because you have no evidence for the origin of matter, energy and life, and a Creator is more logical, when their is a creation.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Then why can't you produce even one example of something that the toe preaches that can be proved scientifically.

I have. Multiple times. You ignored all of them. In fact, you flat out said you refuse to click on links for evidence and requested I cut and paste the evidence for you - which I did. You still ignored it.

So now we are going to determine truth by majority. sorry, real science proves what it says. If it was true, all scientists would accept it and it would no longer be called theory.
I didn't say that at all. Take note that I referred to consensus of the empirical EVIDENCE, not consensus of opinion.

That fine I will stick with real science
Then you should accept the TOE, if you accept the sciences I listed.

What evidence do you have in mind? You can't provide the evidence for even one thing.
See above. Or many of my previous posts to you, earlier in the thread.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Because you have no evidence for the origin of matter, energy and life, and a Creator is more logical, when their is a creation.
The theory of evolution is not about the origin of matter or life. It's about the diversity of life on earth.

When you can empirically demonstrate the existence of a god capable of creating the universe, that's when I'll believe it. Not before.

Reggie Miller

The theory of evolution is not about the origin of matter or life. It's about the diversity of life on earth.

When you can empirically demonstrate the existence of a god capable of creating the universe, that's when I'll believe it. Not before.

Can you provide us with your evolutionary tree?

gnostic

The Lost One
I still believe in miracles. :)
That's all amount to the same thing as saying you believing in fairies.

Highly irrational wishful fantasy, whether you believe in creator or in fairies.

Believing in a creator deity that can create something from nothing or perform miracles by incantation of some words sound like witchcraft or magic to me. That's good for fairytale, but not so convincing in real life...unless you are superstitious primitives.