• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Challenge To All Creationists

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When you meet an animal that can do Calculus, write a paper on it and give a lecture on it, be sure to let me know.
I don't think you really believe that to do calculus means the person is smart as in "mentally alert". Animals have much more "smarts" than people do. Trust me.

Reggie Miller

I don't think you really believe that to do calculus means the person is smart as in "mentally alert". Animals have much more "smarts" than people do. Trust me.

You and I are not communicating.

If you don't understand what I mean when I say that people are smarter than animals there is just no hope for you to begin to understand what I'm saying.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Reggie Miller it is true that the human animal has a greater capacity for exhibiting intelligence but because he does have the ability to learn to be smart, but he doesn't learn it, that makes him stupider than the other animals. Also, no animal has ever caused the Earth distress like humans do and that I call smart animals, stupid people.

Reggie Miller

@Reggie Miller it is true that the human animal has a greater capacity for exhibiting intelligence but because he does have the ability to learn to be smart, but he doesn't learn it, that makes him stupider than the other animals. Also, no animal has ever caused the Earth distress like humans do and that I call smart animals, stupid people.

:rolleyes:

So in your opinion this justifies monkeys and people evolving from the same ancestor?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:rolleyes:

So in your opinion this justifies monkeys and people evolving from the same ancestor?
I think you are proving my point. My opinion I learned from this here> Proverbs 3:5

Trust in יְ֭הוָה with all the heart and unto understanding not do lean.

Which means I do not care from what I came from. I care about the now.

Reggie Miller

I think you are proving my point. My opinion I learned from this here> Proverbs 3:5

Trust in יְ֭הוָה with all the heart and unto understanding not do lean.

Which means I do not care from what I came from. I care about the now.

I think you're wrong. People are obviously smarter than animals, it doesn't matter how you want to twist it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think you're wrong. People are obviously smarter than animals, it doesn't matter how you want to twist it.
Case in point. You do not know what an animal knows, but here you are leaning on the understanding that you are smarter than they are and you trust the Bible is the truth of God, so, tell us how you are disregarding an order from The Lord? Smart? No!

Reggie Miller

Do you even know what order you are disregarding?

This conversation wasn't about an order. It was about whether or not people are smarter than animals.

I'll just drop this and let you continue to think you're right and you know what you're talking about.

Good day.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This conversation wasn't about an order. It was about whether or not people are smarter than animals.

I'll just drop this and let you continue to think you're right and you know what you're talking about.

Good day.
Am I wrong that your "good say" might mean, "shut up and go away"?

The order that you disregard is found at Proverbs 3:5. Have you read it? I believe you have.

Reggie Miller

"The creation and fixation of a string of three (requiring at least 380 million years) would be extremely untimely adaptation in the face of any type of pressing evolutionary challenge (and trivial in effect), in terms of the evolution of modern man" who has "a genome with over three billion nucleotides."

"We need multiple point mutations to arise on the same short strand of DNA, which is very difficult. While a population is waiting (through deep time) for the correct string to arise, genetic drift is systematically eliminating almost all the string variants. Nearly all of the time there will be essentially zero strings anywhere in the population that are even close to the target string."

Debunking Evolution - problems between the theory and reality; the false science of evolution

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope. You show me it is truth and I'll hear it. In the meantime, keep on speculating if that makes you happy.
Mmkay, show me the truth of F = G*((m sub 1*m sub 2)/r^2) in the Kepler belt or I'll conclude that you're unreasonably suspicious of evolution because of your beliefs, and perfectly happy to accept other 'best available answers' even when it comes with loads of speculation.
The answer is that 'god did it' is a lazy non-answer which requires far more speculation than evolution and abiogenesis.

Reggie Miller

Mmkay, show me the truth of F = G*((m sub 1*m sub 2)/r^2) in the Kepler belt or I'll conclude that you're unreasonably suspicious of evolution because of your beliefs, and perfectly happy to accept other 'best available answers' even when it comes with loads of speculation.
The answer is that 'god did it' is a lazy non-answer which requires far more speculation than evolution and abiogenesis.

Deflecting is what people often do when they can't show that what they have said in an argument is the truth. Congratulations.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have to seriously question the mentality of a person who honestly believes men developed from same the creature as apes and monkeys. What went wrong with them, they're as stupid as all of the other animals while we are so much smarter? Doesn't make any sense.

Macro-evolutionists have to successfully explain how and why this happened but they can't. Yet they still believe it did. Why? Bias, that's why.
You're overemphasized intelligence as a necessary trait to be 'better.' Intelligence is but one possible trait that lends to survivability and adaptability. It's not necessary for species survival and thus not 'better' in an evolutionary sense. Any more than a hawk's eyes adapted for distance is better than an owls eyes adapted for night vision or a Robin's eye which is adapted for neither.