• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Christian becomes a nonbeliever

F1fan

Veteran Member
The hurdles on the track are to strengthen your legs. What would be the point of just clicking everything into life with already strong legs?
How does getting cancer strengthen anyone? A late 30's mom of three gets breast cancer and dies, and this is helpful in what way in God's design?
I see these things as indication of three things we have to keep in mind.
1) People are mad at having to suffer and/or see others suffer but they can't blame God since in order to do that one has to acknowledge its existence.
I don't see how anyne is mad to suffer UNLESS they believe in a God that supposedly favors them as believers in particular, and humans in general. Non-beleivers understand that life has many random elements and we suffer from consequences outside of our control at times.
2) Because of 1) people are mad at those who believe in Gods existence and so they militantly attack those beliefs and condemn those who believe as fools or worse.
Why believe in a God at all unless you think you get favorable treatment in life?
3) Some people just enjoy criticizing those who believe -regardless of ethics- which because of their finite abilities cannot perfectly transmit why they believe despite not having all the answers.
Including believers, they love to criticize, so, irony much?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think it depends on how one understands God. If he is the creator of everything and is omnipotent, one could also make the argument that he has a responsibility or is the very cause of suffering simply by allowing it. Kind of like a mother throwing nails into their child's room and when they eventually hurt themselves on them, they blame the child for not being careful and as an explanation, they say that they did it out of love and to teach the child a lesson.
As the child questions the mother's motive, they are called childish for doing so by the father. That seems to be the kind of reasoning you apply?
God created a world in which there is the potential for suffering, so only in that sense is God responsible for suffering...
However, God also created a world in which there is the potential for joy, so in that sense is God responsible for joy.

Allowing suffering is not the same as causing suffering. God allows people to have sex and do other things they enjoy, is God causing joy? Why do some people only complain about what they don't like in this world and never give God any credit for what they do like? That is illogical.
One could make the argument that the mother (God) is not doing something that is loving or even good, despite them thinking that they are.
But God does not deliberately cause suffering to teach us lessons, like a mother throwing nails in a child's room to teach the child a lesson.
You are anthropomiorphizing God. God is not a being who does things to people. God created a material world so good things and bad things things happen to people in that world and people thereby learn lessons.
As we have talked about before in regards to animals, your argument doesn't seem to really apply to them as I think most people would agree that animals are pretty innocent in regards to what they do, yet God apparently also think suffering should apply to them. And obviously, this is unknown, but I think it is reasonable to assume that praying or even understanding the concept of God does not apply to animals, yet God does not seem to care when it comes to them.
I cannot argue with you on that one. Animal suffering serves no purpose so God is on the hook for that. I wish I still had the video of an atheist arguing with a Christian who was trying to defend God for animal suffering. It was rather pathetic.
If animals, innocent as they are, did not suffer, I think that would be a very interesting argument for the existence of God.
I'll give you that. :)
I would probably make the opposite argument. I do think that God could be somewhat loving while still allowing suffering, but that it would be impossible to call him good, given the attributes he is said to have, while him allowing such suffering at the same time. Parents might be loving at times, but if they allow their child to suffer for no reason, they are not good people.
If humans suffered for no reason I would agree with you, but I think there are reasons for human suffering even if they are not apparent to us.
We cannot say there is no reason just because we don't know the reason because we cannot see the outcome in the future. Only God knows the future.
That is the question isn't it? because the bible does promise that there will be no suffering in the new Earth, so clearly it is possible if the bible is telling the truth.
I do not interpret those Bible verses literally, I believe they are figurative, so I do not believe there will ever be no suffering on Earth. I believe there will be a lot less suffering in the future when everyone believes in God and follows the teachings and laws of the Messenger of God, but there will always be physical suffering since this is physical world. There will be no more suffering in Heaven since it is a spiritual world.
So suffering is clearly not a requirement. So why does God then allow it?
Suffering is a requirement for spiritual growth, so that is why God allows it. I can tell you people I know who have suffered very little and they lack depth of character. I don't like suffering but I think it is worth enduring if it means I will depart from this life a better person for it (she says as she hangs onto her hat waiting for the next blow. :rolleyes:)

“Men who suffer not, attain no perfection. The plant most pruned by the gardeners is that one which, when the summer comes, will have the most beautiful blossoms and the most abundant fruit.

The labourer cuts up the earth with his plough, and from that earth comes the rich and plentiful harvest. The more a man is chastened, the greater is the harvest of spiritual virtues shown forth by him. A soldier is no good General until he has been in the front of the fiercest battle and has received the deepest wounds.”
Paris Talks, p. 51
Again, why do animals have to suffer, as far as I know, they have done nothing wrong, even if we are to buy and accept the story of Adam and Eve?
That is a very good question and if I get to Heaven I am going to ask God why. :mad:
If God created everything he also created the material world and decided that suffering should be part of it, one way or another, doesn't really matter if one believes it is caused by Satan or not, the fact is that God has the ability to make it go away, yet doesn't.
Baha'is don't believe in Satan. We believe it is symbolic for the lower material nature of men that causes evil in the world.
Why would God create a world knowing it would engender suffering and then turn around and make it go away? That makes no sense.

InChrist

Free4ever
A man I met on eharmony told me that he was raised in a Christian church and he fervently believed in God, but as he aged and grew in life experience, he did not see the Hand of God at work in our world, although he still believed in God. Then when his wife got sick with cancer and he turned in earnest to God, praying for her suffering to be relieved for 3 ½ years while he was her caregiver, he never felt the grace of God, and then as a result he lost his belief in God. He said he felt like no deity capable of making a difference in a person’s life would let his wife suffer so much.

Here is how I responded to his message:

I was not raised as a Christian or in any religion or believing in God and I became a Baha’i during my first year of college. I can fully understand how you feel about God because I belong to a religious forum and many people feel that way. I have struggled to believe that God is loving, given all the suffering I have endured, long before my husband passed on of cancer. I have also struggled to believe that God is loving because of all the suffering in the world, but I never lost my belief in God. Through my religion and my own logical analysis, I have a belief about why God does not intervene to prevent suffering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He said he was going to respond to my message but I have not heard back yet. What I will say if this conversation continues is that a person does not have to believe that God is loving in order to believe that God exists. I believe it is beyond human comprehension to understand ‘how’ God is loving because God’s love is not like human love since God is not a human. I think that some people ‘project’ what they believe a loving God would do but that is illogical, since they cannot ever know what a loving God would do. They can only have a personal opinion regarding what a loving God would do based upon what they consider loving, and if their opinion is based upon what a loving human would do under the same circumstances that is the fallacy of false equivalence, since God is not a human.

As a matter of religious belief, I believe that God is loving, but when thinking analytically I cannot understand how a loving God would create a world with the potential for so much suffering. The problem is not that God does not rescue people from suffering, since I think that is ludicrous, the problem is that God created such a world in the first place! Why would God rescue us from the suffering that he intended for us to experience all along? It makes no sense.

If you want to offer the religious apologetic that God created a world that is a storehouse of suffering for human benefit, save it for someone who cares, as that is not what this thread is about.
I don’t believe God necessarily intended for us to experience suffering all along. According to the biblical scriptures, God created a good world. It was human sin which brought pain and suffering into the world, which is now a fallen world. I think we certainly need a Savior to rescue and deliver us from this world. That is the message of the Bible; Jesus Christ came to pay the ultimate price with His suffering for the sins of the world so anyone who trusts Him will be reconciled with God and free from all suffering in the new heaven and earth.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Ergo, they have never been perfect. On account of the following argument that is an adaptation of the ontological argument.

A being that needs X to keep perfection, is outperformed by a being that does not need to. And since a perfect being cannot be outperformed by any possible other being, it follows that Adam and Eve were not perfect.
Being perfect, did not remove their Free Will, their ability to make choices that would displease their Creator. Jehovah didn’t want automatons to listen to Him, because they had to; He wanted people to listen to Him, because they chose to…because they wanted to. Same today.
And if you ask me, they were not only not perfect, but they were utterly idiotic.
Well, there had never been anything to harm them in the G of E. That’s why Eve wasn’t afraid of the serpent; rather, she found it curious that an animal was talking (yikes!). She just wasn’t expecting anything that could hurt her. She was deceived. (Another creature was exercising his Free Will, with the intent to mislead them & rebel against Jehovah.)

So being perfect doesn’t mean you would have perfect insight or wisdom. Let’s say you’re perfect, and you pass on that perfection to your children. Does your offspring have the wisdom you have? No, that will only come experience.

But I agree; it was idiotic. Eating from that one tree, when there were so many others. But also, keep in mind that Adam was threatened with losing his beloved wife, which he cherished more than anything else.
Satan was clever, in that he used Eve first, to get Adam to make an unwise choice.

So, apart from that, you seem to indicate that He created Adam and Eve in a state of perfection, but they failed because they did not pay attention, or did not obey, or whatever.
That’s correct! I like how you put that: they were in “a state of perfection.” Their perfection hinged on them listening to their Source of life, Jehovah.
Just as a fan if pulled out of the wall receptacle, begins to slow down & stop… A & E too, when they willfully “pulled away” from their Source of life, they began to slow down & die.
How do you know, then, that this will not happen again when you will return to that state? If things got so messed up by two people in almost no time, what are the odds of another epic failure in heaven, with so many people around and so much time available?
Good question.
There were issues of sovereignty raised in Eden. Genesis 3:1-6 . Can mankind make their own decisions apart from God’s guidance, or do we need some direction?

Well, that’s what’s been going on for several thousand years: Jehovah has allowed men to rule themselves — during which He has provided the means (Jesus’ ransom) to ‘buy back’ mankind from imperfection and death — and let the issue of sovereignty settle itself, basically.

So He hasn’t intervened in mankind’s affairs, only in protecting & correcting His worshippers at times, & when human existence was in extreme danger. (I’ll explain my meaning if you’re interested.)

And there is an “appointed time” when Jehovah will again step in: Revelation 11:18 says that men will be “ruining the earth.”

That is happening now!!

Once the issue of Sovereignty is settled, it will be once for all time!

No
more rebellion will be permitted!

Take care.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is there any remover of difficulties except for God? And God seems to be pretty good at being the creator of difficulties too. But how many times does God actually remove difficulties? Things seem so random sometimes, it's hard to tell if God is doing anything.
There are no authenticated instances of God saying or doing anything. [He] doesn't even have a description appropriate to a real being.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
A man I met on eharmony told me that he was raised in a Christian church and he fervently believed in God, but as he aged and grew in life experience, he did not see the Hand of God at work in our world, although he still believed in God. Then when his wife got sick with cancer and he turned in earnest to God, praying for her suffering to be relieved for 3 ½ years while he was her caregiver, he never felt the grace of God, and then as a result he lost his belief in God. He said he felt like no deity capable of making a difference in a person’s life would let his wife suffer so much.

Here is how I responded to his message:

I was not raised as a Christian or in any religion or believing in God and I became a Baha’i during my first year of college. I can fully understand how you feel about God because I belong to a religious forum and many people feel that way. I have struggled to believe that God is loving, given all the suffering I have endured, long before my husband passed on of cancer. I have also struggled to believe that God is loving because of all the suffering in the world, but I never lost my belief in God. Through my religion and my own logical analysis, I have a belief about why God does not intervene to prevent suffering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He said he was going to respond to my message but I have not heard back yet. What I will say if this conversation continues is that a person does not have to believe that God is loving in order to believe that God exists. I believe it is beyond human comprehension to understand ‘how’ God is loving because God’s love is not like human love since God is not a human. I think that some people ‘project’ what they believe a loving God would do but that is illogical, since they cannot ever know what a loving God would do. They can only have a personal opinion regarding what a loving God would do based upon what they consider loving, and if their opinion is based upon what a loving human would do under the same circumstances that is the fallacy of false equivalence, since God is not a human.

As a matter of religious belief, I believe that God is loving, but when thinking analytically I cannot understand how a loving God would create a world with the potential for so much suffering. The problem is not that God does not rescue people from suffering, since I think that is ludicrous, the problem is that God created such a world in the first place! Why would God rescue us from the suffering that he intended for us to experience all along? It makes no sense.

If you want to offer the religious apologetic that God created a world that is a storehouse of suffering for human benefit, save it for someone who cares, as that is not what this thread is about.
The logic you're using here could equally be used to argue that's it's impossible for humans to know God is loving, and have no actual reason to believe it is so.

Nimos

God created a world in which there is the potential for suffering, so only in that sense is God responsible for suffering...
However, God also created a world in which there is the potential for joy, so in that sense is God responsible for joy.

Allowing suffering is not the same as causing suffering. God allows people to have sex and do other things they enjoy, is God causing joy? Why do some people only complain about what they don't like in this world and never give God any credit for what they do like? That is illogical.
I don't get why you would find that illogical unless suffering was a requirement. Also, suffering comes in different shapes and forms, we could call them direct suffering and indirect suffering.

Where direct suffering would be someone accidentally burning themselves on a hot stove. Whereas indirect suffering could be someone getting hit by lightning.

We as humans try to reduce both types of suffering, obviously being the most successful in regards to the direct one, but working hard on the other as well.

From an overall perspective that seems to be the most responsible way of dealing with suffering. Yet God does not seem to agree with that.

I don't see how it is relevant whether one should or shouldn't give God credit for any of this, as we have no say in how he created it and when the assumption is that God could have made it work any way he wanted it to.

Using the example of the child in a room filled with nails, it kind of seems to follow the logic that it should be grateful for all the times it didn't step on a nail, rather than simply complaining about whenever they do. Taking away the focus from the actual question of why the mother threw the nails in there, to begin with.

In this case, I guess the answer would be, so the child can experience happiness whenever it doesn't step on them. But that logic only works, if the assumption is that the child couldn't experience happiness without the nails being there.

But God does not deliberately cause suffering to teach us lessons, like a mother throwing nails in a child's room to teach the child a lesson.
You are anthropomiorphizing God. God is not a being who does things to people. God created a material world so good things and bad things things happen to people in that world and people thereby learn lessons.
But God must interact with the world one way or another, otherwise, what is the point of him?

If God does not do that, there is no argument to be made for the promise of heaven either, or any reason for why any religious person should ever do anything their religious teachings tell them, because it wouldn't make any difference as there is no interaction between God and us.

And I know this is not what you believe as a Bahai, because you believe the messengers have interacted with him. But it still doesn't change the fact that God's goal is to try to teach us a lesson and that this for some reason requires that suffering or the nails exist. There is no one else that decided that this was needed, other than God.

I cannot argue with you on that one. Animal suffering serves no purpose so God is on the hook for that. I wish I still had the video of an atheist arguing with a Christian who was trying to defend God for animal suffering. It was rather pathetic.
Would have liked to have seen it, I agree, that there doesn't seem to be any good explanation for this.

If humans suffered for no reason I would agree with you, but I think there are reasons for human suffering even if they are not apparent to us.
We cannot say there is no reason just because we don't know the reason because we cannot see the outcome in the future. Only God knows the future.
And as an atheist, I would obviously call this making up excuses for God :)

But it would also imply that God couldn't do things differently, there needs to be suffering and God is not above that. The only way he can "achieve" his goal is by including it, but this also reduces the capabilities of God, meaning that he can not be said to be omnipotent, but rather that he is restricted.

I do not interpret those Bible verses literally, I believe they are figurative, so I do not believe there will ever be no suffering on Earth. I believe there will be a lot less suffering in the future when everyone believes in God and follows the teachings and laws of the Messenger of God, but there will always be physical suffering since this is physical world. There will be no more suffering in Heaven since it is a spiritual world.
The Bible is talking about a new Earth, one that comes after this, where there is no suffering and where the lion will play with the lamb etc. And that this is where the "good" Christians will live. It is not our Earth version 2, but a completely new one. But even if one throws that in the garbage, and goes with simply Heaven and a spiritual world, one would assume that God could simply have made our Universe spiritual instead or skipped it altogether, as there doesn't seem to be a connection between the physical or the spiritual that would require both to exist, unless God for whatever reason see a need or is required to teach us a lesson, before entering the spiritual realm. A lesson that couldn't simply be imprinted in us so we could skip the physical world altogether.

Suffering is a requirement for spiritual growth, so that is why God allows it.
So this would be the lesson, right? Suffering is required for spiritual growth. I do not see any logical connection between these, given the complete lack of definition of what spirituality even means. It also implies that spirituality can only be achieved through suffering, which is obviously going to raise a whole lot of questions. First of all, why would the amount of suffering be different between people?

How would one explain newborns that die during birth and that do not experience suffering, do they have any spiritual growth? or should we look at them as being the pinnacle of spiritual blessing, that they are so pure that they go to heaven straight away?

It would also imply that it is irrelevant whether one believes in God or not because an atheist like me will experience suffering just as any religious person will. But if that is what is required to gain spiritual growth then ones religious view is completely irrelevant.

One could also make the argument that if suffering is the sole requirement, then causing suffering might be a good thing as it helps others to come "closer" to God or to become more spiritual.

There seem to be a lot of problems or at least some explanations required here for it to make any sense.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Its one thing to have no problem imagining such a being. Its another to confirm its possibility.
Also you've not defined the relationship such a being has with regards to Adam and Eve's perfection.
Are you saying that a perfect human being should be one which knows perfectly what is best for it to do?
Consider...do you think Adam or Eve had a conception of what it meant to lie? To deceive or be deceived? To actually know what it meant to trust one thing over another?
Nope. Ergo, they were not perfect. The fact that God did not "program" them with some life saving innate morality, like in the case of Asimov's robots laws, while having programmed them with other life preservation characteristics, like an innate sense of disgust, allows us to conclude that His work was only half way perfect. Therefore not perfect at all.

Unless you like to set the final characteristics of the product in advance, and then declare that they were perfect within the constraints of those characteristics. Which is tautological always the case. If I decide that cars should break after one day, and I create such a car, then, at least for what concert its reliability, that car would be perfect.

Therefore, whatever God creates, according to His a-priori limitations, which He must control and know, on account of omnipotence and omniscience, would be perfect. Ergo, if God created everything, then everything is perfect. And tautologically so. Which is another way to say that perfection is meaningless, for nothing cannot have that property.

Isn't that so?

Ciao

- viole

setarcos

The hopeful or the hopeless?
How does getting cancer strengthen anyone? A late 30's mom of three gets breast cancer and dies, and this is helpful in what way in God's design?
I don't know I am not God. I do however have the capability to understand that I have limitations, one of which may be the ability to understand the whys and wherefores of God's "design".

In contrast to what many mistakenly believe, there are demonstrable limitations to Gods being. One of which is being limited to what is possible. For instance, God cannot, by definition, lie. That is, God cannot contradict its own will. Nor create anything that opposes its own nature. Like that scandalous rock that's too big for God to lift.
It may very well be that the possibility of getting cancer is a possibility necessitated by a perfected creation the existence of which is dictated by the limitations inherent in Gods being. For instance, how do you define a perfected sphere without a conception of an imperfect sphere? In human beings we can very easily conceive of a theoretical existent sphere in comparison to a theoretical non-existent imperfect sphere. This is possible because in humans our thoughts do not create reality ex nihilo. Whereas concerns God though its "thoughts" are reality.
So, with or without God cancer may be a necessary possibility.
No God: Nature allows for cancer but doesn't allow for perfect justice.
With God: Gods nature necessitates cancer's possibility if God is to create a reality with perfect justice which allows for Gods rightful glorification.
Either way, if our reality is to exist, there may be no way to eliminate cancers possibility.
I don't see how anyne is mad to suffer UNLESS they believe in a God that supposedly favors them as believers in particular, and humans in general.
You'll have to clarify this somewhat, I'm not sure what you’re saying here. No one is "made" to suffer. Suffering is a factor of probabilistic happenstance. God did not make people to suffer. Neither did nature make people to suffer if you’re a non-believer in God.
Why believe in a God at all unless you think you get favorable treatment in life?
For most, I think, it comes down to intuitive experience supplemented by faith in that intuition.

For the ignorant it comes down to desperately believing that they will get special favors somehow from God which aligns with their desires.
Including believers, they love to criticize, so, irony much?

Including believers. It seems as if you’re trying to redirect to render the statement ineffectual. It’s not ironic if the statements suit the purpose to which they address regardless of being aptly applied elsewhere. If someone is being attacked for their belief by another and they say whoa, wait a minute, think about your motives here and the attacker says "That's ironic, I was attacked by one of you with the same motives!", that doesn't belie the fact that those motives are an important factor of consideration now for the attacker.

Those statements were concerning the impediments to understanding each other as concerns approaching believers and their God. It’s my understanding, and I may be wrong, that believers in general here are the ones on the defensive, apologetic side.
I said "we must keep in mind" as a reflective tool to take a moment, breathe, and think about what's motivating our approach to the discussion so that we can be open to understanding each other and each other’s possibly true opinions.
And yes, that last goes for believers too.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I don't know I am not God. I do however have the capability to understand that I have limitations, one of which may be the ability to understand the whys and wherefores of God's "design".

In contrast to what many mistakenly believe, there are demonstrable limitations to Gods being. One of which is being limited to what is possible. For instance, God cannot, by definition, lie. That is, God cannot contradict its own will. Nor create anything that opposes its own nature. Like that scandalous rock that's too big for God to lift.
It may very well be that the possibility of getting cancer is a possibility necessitated by a perfected creation the existence of which is dictated by the limitations inherent in Gods being. For instance, how do you define a perfected sphere without a conception of an imperfect sphere? In human beings we can very easily conceive of a theoretical existent sphere in comparison to a theoretical non-existent imperfect sphere. This is possible because in humans our thoughts do not create reality ex nihilo. Whereas concerns God though its "thoughts" are reality.

I got a bit lost here. How did you go from "We need the concept of an imperfect sphere to define a perfect sphere" to "Therefore cancer, specifically, exists"?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The logic you're using here could equally be used to argue that's it's impossible for humans to know God is loving, and have no actual reason to believe it is so.
That is exactly what I am saying. It is impossible to KNOW so believers can only BELIEVE that God is loving.
Believers believe that God is loving because their scriptures say so. :rolleyes:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
and it does no good for me to post the definitions of proof and evidence over and over again because they STILL don't get it. :rolleyes:

I've learned that proof and evidence are not synonymous (see here). As a seasoned paranormal investigator, for example, I have conclusive proof that earthbound human spirits and nonhuman entities exist in the physical world (authenticated digital and Polaroid pictures, verified videos, authenticated EVP recordings, and laser grid data), as well as inconclusive evidence of earthbound human spirits and nonhuman entities that is not apparent and open to interpretation. I have also seen and heard conclusive proof from multiple credible eyewitnesses whom I've met and spoken with on separate occasions. I was either informed or knew for a fact that these individuals don't know each other and have never met. As a medium, I have conclusive proof that there are earthbound human spirits because the individuals directly involved in the readings I gave corroborated the private information I shared with them.

Over the past fifteen and a half years, I have given readings to many people who didn't believe in the paranormal, and none of them remained skeptical of the paranormal after I revealed specific private information that was only known between them and their deceased loved one(s) (such as the names of their living or deceased relatives, exact dates of key events in their lives, family vacations, certain places they visited or traveled to outside of the country, and specific childhood memories that they have). My experiences include my first therapist (read about it here), as well as a couple of other therapists and a psychologist. In addition to what I've written in one of my previous post here, I've also shared how I knew when a friend tragically died (read about it here), when my relatives died (read about it here), and when I've had encounters that I couldn't confirm with other present witnesses or document with my ghost-hunting equipment, as I explained in a post here. In fact, I've spent over a year posting on this forum about my personal experiences as a psychic medium (such as this post here) and a seasoned paranormal investigator (such as this post here) and commenting in other threads as well. In these posts, I provided specific details regarding my experiences as a medium and paranormal investigator. I don't just say that I can see spirits and then leave it at that.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've learned that proof and evidence are not synonymous (see here). As a seasoned paranormal investigator, for example, I have conclusive proof that earthbound human spirits and nonhuman entities exist in the physical world (authenticated digital and Polaroid pictures, verified videos, authenticated EVP recordings, and laser grid data), as well as inconclusive evidence of earthbound human spirits and nonhuman entities that is not apparent and open to interpretation. I have also seen and heard conclusive proof from multiple credible eyewitnesses whom I've met and spoken with on separate occasions. I was either informed or knew for a fact that these individuals don't know each other and have never met. As a medium, I have conclusive proof that there are earthbound human spirits because the individuals directly involved in the readings I gave corroborated the private information I shared with them.
But that proof and evidence will do no good for the naysayers, be they religious or atheists. If they are religious they will always defer to their scriptures. :rolleyes:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
But that proof and evidence will do no good for the naysayers, be they religious or atheists. If they are religious they will always defer to their scriptures. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't care if they believe or not, regardless of whether they are religious or atheist. It's their decision. To each his or her own.