• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Christian becomes a nonbeliever

F1fan

Veteran Member
I am very fortunate .
A lottery winner? A wife too scared to press charges?
I can see what many can't.
You see value in obsolete religious beliefs. You seem oblivious to your arrogance and contempt for others’ opinions.
..but I can't change what is destined i.e. the collapse of civilisation
Like Afghanistan under theocratic control by your fellow Muslims? Any society has problems but the First World countries aren’t nearly as bad as what Islamic theocracies do to people.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You see value in obsolete religious beliefs. You seem oblivious to your arrogance and contempt for others’ opinions.

This is what often happens when Abrahamic theists look at the world through the rose-colored glasses of their religion. They place themselves on a moral pedestal and pompously judge and look down on others who don't share their beliefs. Many of them believe that they are morally superior to others.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Absolutely not,

Absolutely yes.

and if you knew anything about psychology and how the humans mind works you'd know why not.

I can show you how the evidence for relativity is valid.
I can show you how the evidence for common ancestry of species is valid.
I can show you how the evidence for germ theory of desease is valid.

And I can do those things, because that evidence is objective and demonstrable.
You can't do that when the supposed evidence can only be "just believed" instead of actually demonstrated.

Hint: Why do you think it is the responsibility of theists to SHOW atheists what they can find out for themselves?
Because theists are the ones making the claims. :rolleyes:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
..but then you just seek to deflect the issue .. rather than discuss the
immorality of sex before marriage.

I have a daughter. I will advice her to have sex with her boyfriend before long term commitments like marriage or even only buying a house together, to make sure they are compatible in bed as well and not just in personality.

Sex is a big, and very important, aspect of romance and partnership.
Being stuck in a marriage with an incompatible / unsatisfying sex-life, is psychologically damaging.

There is nothing wrong with having sex between consenting adults.
As with everything, off course, one should approach things reasonably and responsibly.

I would very much advice against engaging in long term commitments before making sure you are sexually compatible.

That, and also the simple matter that sex is a physical expression of love.
There's nothing unnatural or immoral about it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I am very fortunate .. I can see what many can't.
..but I can't change what is destined i.e. the collapse of civilisation
Yeah, life is so much better in middle eastern islamic theocracies as compared to western secular democracies. :rolleyes:

I guess that's why you are writing that post from the comfort of your UK home instead of rural afghanistan or Iran, where women are literally being persecuted for showing too much skin. Such wonderful societies.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Like Afghanistan under theocratic control by your fellow Muslims? Any society has problems but the First World countries aren’t nearly as bad as what Islamic theocracies do to people.

He lives in the UK and I bet he's not planning on moving to Iran, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan,... any time soon.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That doesn't prove anything, one way or the other.

I didn't say "prove". I said "suggests". I didn't speak about "proof". I said evidence.

All the evidence suggests that life is a naturally occurring phenomenon.

There is NO EVIDENCE AT ALL to suggest anything supernatural, or a need for it.

"natural" is not an explanation for me .. I see wisdom behind "natural".

Your religious beliefs aren't relevant when it comes to the evidence of reality.

Audie

Veteran Member

Arrogance and contempt are
among the religious values.
Along with ignorance.

F1fan

Veteran Member
What is that supposed to mean?
A man entering a woman SHOULD be a long-term commitment.
It means you should learn to respect women, which your religious "values" do not do. You respect your religion more than women, and that is dangerous for society. These kinds of religious attitudes need to be discouraged as civilized people around the world work to see woman as equals to men.

F1fan

Veteran Member
He lives in the UK and I bet he's not planning on moving to Iran, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan,... any time soon.
I think I remember him saying he converted to Islam, and I've asked three times for him to confirm that and he avoided my question.

If we look at the Baha'i folks, who are converts, they are rather radical about their chosen religion. I wonder if it's common for converts to be more extreme and fervent in their beliefs versus those who hold the beliefs they were born into. I can see where believers who cobvert will be more extreme since their new belief directly implicates their own thinking and decision making. Those who maintain religious belief from childhood can always defer that as incidental, and they could absorb more criticism to a religion they didn't pick.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
These kinds of religious attitudes need to be discouraged..
Rubbish!
I was replying to "I would very much advice against engaging in long term commitments before making sure you are sexually compatible"

It SHOULD be a long-term commitment, for a man to enter a woman sexually.
It is only due to contraception, that one might think otherwise.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Rubbish!
I was replying to "I would very much advice against engaging in long term commitments before making sure you are sexually compatible"
You have replied to many comments, and you have revealed your dark attitudes towards women.
It SHOULD be a long-term commitment, for a man to enter a woman sexually.
For you, that's your choice. You aren't a god, and you don't have authority to decide what others want to do. Your religious beliefs aren't a god, either, and are irrelevant to anyone who doesn't decide to follow them.
It is only due to contraception, that one might think otherwise.
Sex has always been a natural impulse for humans, and other animals. We humans enjoy sex, and mature people can have sex without being married as part of mature and committed relationships. Casual sex seems to be more common as well, and that is for people to sort out for themselves. There's a reason the vast majority of citizens do not want theocratic rule. They want freedom, and equality. Your religious beliefs wouldn't allow these.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Absolutely yes.
Absolutely not, because the evidence is either valid of it is not valid.
Whether or not I can 'show you' that it is valid has no bearing upon whether it is valid or not.
I can show you how the evidence for relativity is valid.
I can show you how the evidence for common ancestry of species is valid.
I can show you how the evidence for germ theory of desease is valid.

And I can do those things, because that evidence is objective and demonstrable.
You can tell me but you cannot show me. I would have to believe what you told me or do my own research.
I would have to look at the objective evidence and demonstrate to myself that the evidence is valid.
Because theists are the ones making the claims. :rolleyes:
I make no claims because I have nothing to claim. I only have beliefs based upon what the Messenger of God has claimed.