• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Conundrum On Lord Shri Ram & Krishna: Open to All Hindus, Not Just Vaishnava-s

Chakra

Premium Member
Hinduism♥Krishna;3886968 said:
As I believe, Iskcon is a Christianized version of Hinduism's Vaishnawa. Though you see many similarities their perception and philosophy are completely different from true vaishnawism of India.

Especially In South and Maharashtra true vaishnawism is being followed. Bhagavata Purana also predicts that true devotees of Krishna will be found in Karnataka state of India.

Hari Om

Dear Sir,

What do you mean by "true vaishnavism"? Which one is Maharastra Vaishnavism?
Kindly clarify.

ISKCON is a Christianized Vaishnavism? How so?

Regards

Stormcry

Dear Sir,

What do you mean by "true vaishnavism"?

Meditating on vishnu as the self....

Which one is Maharastra Vaishnavism?

You should read the works of great realised Vaishnawa like dnyaneshwar, eknath and tukarama. Its Advaita vaishnawa which is the oldest vaishnawiam recorded in history till today. It's found since adi shankara's time.

ISKCON is a Christianized Vaishnavism? How so?

Krishna is the only way :D Others are deluded .. Jesus and Krishna are one but Krishna and shiva are different .. LoL

Chakra

Premium Member
Hinduism♥Krishna;3886978 said:
Meditating on vishnu as the self....

You should read the works of great realised Vaishnawa like dnyaneshwar, eknath and tukarama. Its Advaita vaishnawa which is the oldest vaishnawiam recorded in history till today. It's found since adi shankara's time.

Krishna is the only way :D Others are deluded .. Jesus and Krishna are one but Krishna and shiva are different .. LoL

Dear Sir,
It is ironic how Advaitins always use duality.
Who are "others"? Who are "their"?

Well you are right, Adi Shankara said to worship Vishnu as the self, not anyone else.

ISKCON never said Jesus and Lord Krishna are the same LOL. All they say is that Jesus is a son of Lord Krishna, as is everyone else.

Of course, in the Vyavahara level, Shiva and Vishnu are different. Only Narayana is Saguna Brahman, while everyone else is subject to karma and maya.

Adi Shankara's Vaishnavism is the oldest in history? That's new. I'm sorry to hear that apparently Alvars didn't live before Shankara.

And I have noted down the maha-vidwans who you claim to be "true Vaishnavas". I will try my best to read them, but for now, I think I'll stick with Sri Ramanuja and Shri Chaitanya.

If you want to have a debate, kindly make a thread in the debate section. If you are done with ISKCON bashing, it would be nice to see your input on the OP. I say this with all honesty and respect. :)
Regards

Last edited:

Stormcry

Hello,

There's no need to bash Iskcon from my side. The verses of Bhagavata and Vishnu puran itself bash it. I think You should read uddhava gita, last message of Krishna, to know what's real vaishnawism? Have you read it? :)

Chakra

Premium Member
Dear Sir,
I have read it, but it's been a while. Will read it again.

Regards