• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A personal relationship with God

Humanistheart

My computer doesn't have feelings. Even if I wanted to I could not inflict horrible suffering on my computer if it does not function as I want it too. Human beings on the other hand ARE sentient beings with feelings and can experience horrible suffering.

Consider, there are people who don't think twice about neglecting/inflicting harm on animals that do not act as they want them too. I knew a guy once who said he left a saucer of anti-freeze out for stray cats to drink because he did not want them in his yard. I guess that is ok, right? Man was given dominion over the earth so we can do as we like to animals. They are only stupid animals after all. Surely they don't feel pain or suffer like we do. As we are like animals to God he can inflict horrible suffering on us for whatever reason he chooses and it is just fine. We are only stupid animals to God.

I agree. A computer is not a proper analogy, unless we created a true artificial intelligence, in which case it would be unethical to treat that individual as the biblical god treats his creations. I see nothing in the above posts to contradict mestemia's assesment that they're claiming 'might makes right'.

Humanistheart

It's always easy to slander someone you don't know.

No one know's 'him'. As you can read from the responces here, everyone attributes god to a 'feeling' they have, not unlike intuition or gas. This being, even if he existed, does not have a personal relationship with anyone who's posted thus far.

Humanistheart

There is a reason most likely. But we don't know what it is. The point is for us to be angry that people suffer. Not to lose our belief in God though.

This has gotten a bit away from the OP but basically your saying your god wants people to be angry and suffer. You don't know why, but you're sure it's for a good reason. What is the basis for this assumption?