• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for fans of the god myth.

Hema said:
God is referred to as the Absolute Truth. It is a belief shared by many. It doesn't mean that we are arrogant. You think that God is a myth. Would that mean that you have displayed anti-religious arrogance? :D

i like that answer:yes:

i have stability in my own religion because it gives me somthing to hold on to, it gives me faith that no matter what happens i have somone in my corner who is looking out for the best for me. there is somone who made the ultamate sacrifice for my life. and i have found that that is what i live another day for. And that was the question that started the thread right?
How do you feel your life on earth has been made more complete through your religious belief?
well thats my answer.....we get so caught up on whoose religion is right or wrong and having our own opinion be better that anothers that we forget that there is somthing that completes us and keeps us going on day to day....and that ladies and gentelmen is why i serve God.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Pagaal~Mexican18 said:
i like that answer:yes:

i have stability in my own religion because it gives me somthing to hold on to, it gives me faith that no matter what happens i have somone in my corner who is looking out for the best for me. there is somone who made the ultamate sacrifice for my life. and i have found that that is what i live another day for. And that was the question that started the thread right?
How do you feel your life on earth has been made more complete through your religious belief?
well thats my answer.....we get so caught up on whoose religion is right or wrong and having our own opinion be better that anothers that we forget that there is somthing that completes us and keeps us going on day to day....and that ladies and gentelmen is why i serve God.

Since you know some Hindi (and I only know a FEW words by the way) - Dhanyavaad.
I love your post too. Shum frubals for you too. Yesh. :yes:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
michel said:
My first thought was "Anyone who answers this question is admitting that God is a Myth".................But then I thought "No member of this Forum would be so disengenuous"...I would have hoped.......
On the contrary, it is drawing a clear line between the myth of God, that "opens the door for understanding," and an actual god that is unknown/unknowable.

Edit: If it's a choice between getting hurt by his remarks and taking offence, or getting snarly and snippy, or teaching him a bit about how the meaning of myth empowers an understanding of god, I'll take the latter.
:yes:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
LogDog said:

Personal meaning. Much the same meaning that I get through hearing a powerful song or reading an inspirational story.

(I see why people take an offense at referring to God as a myth. I personally don't, much for the same reason that Willamena had posted. My personal God is a personal myth. My objective view of God is unknowable. But, I understand how it can be insulting.)

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
So to answer the question in the OP is to admit to believing that the Gods are a myth?
Forget it.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
The irony of the respones in this thread is that while most of the posters have been in agreement that God is not only not a myth, but the he/she is the "Absolute Truth", most of you would disagree on the truth of what or who God is.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
spacemonkey said:
The irony of the respones in
Dude, if it takes a felon to commit and felony, God is obviously an iron! Thought you should know! :D

God's love for me enables me to love others. Yes, even evangelical athiests.

LogDog

sandy whitelinger said:
Which God myth were you referring to, Baal? Bezulbub? Dagon? Golden Calves? Gaia? Be more clear.

Any that claim a supernatural creator or creators is responsible for "everything".

Random

LogDog said:

GOD, which is the default state of human consciousness, has taught me that if I ask the right question in the right way, the answers I need will come to me unbidden over time: I only have to be sufficiently aware enough to notice the answer when it presents itself to me in life. This has been my direct experience, and I can think of nothing more inspiring or life-enhancing or gracious to be a part of.