• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a question for those who still support bush

almifkhar

after all the lies the white house has been caught in, i am courious to know why people still support this administration and its wars. i will make no comment on this post i just want to know why those of you who support this administration still support it and its wars. WHY????

robtex

Veteran Member
I don't support Bush and never have but if its ok Almifkhar I would love to take a stab at it anyway. From the people I know who are pro-gop and pro- bush I would say they support him still because despite his deceptive nature they believe in his foreign policy and in his domestic policy. What I find interesting about his wide-spread support is the notion of accepting his manipulative tactics one would have to subscribe to the philosophy of "the ends justify the needs". For me, even if I was supportive of Bush's foreign policy I would still reject his campaign due to the mind games, deceptions and meathods of gaining support.

Trust is a two-way street and Bush hasn't even come close to earning the American peoples trust with his campaign of deception. However, his popularity is hard to not notice which means his actions, irregardless of method of employment carry merit with a large percentage of the USA population.

motoman

I think it was because some "stupid christians" voted him in because of his stance towards gay marriage. That in the fact daddy Bush had allot to do with it?

The Black Whirlwind

He's supported because the republicans would do anything to keep a flaming liberal out of office, even support this *********. Vice versa with the dems.

jonny

almifkhar said:
after all the lies the white house has been caught in, i am courious to know why people still support this administration and its wars. i will make no comment on this post i just want to know why those of you who support this administration still support it and its wars. WHY????
Why did the Democrats still support Clinton after all the lies that he was caught in?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Clinton's most famous lies involved only himself and a handful of others. They did not take a nation into war.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Not one Republican has had the temerity to actually answer this. Perhaps they are way too embarrassed. Fool me once: shame on you! Fool me twice: and I must have supported Shrub!

I used to support Bush, but not anymore. Like the vast majority of liberals and conservatives alike, I supported (and still support) the actions in Afghanistan. I think getting rid of Saddam was a good thing, but I disagree with the deception that was used to garner support for ousting Saddam, and I disagree with how the war was handled strategically (for example, not anticipating the aftermath).

Aqualung said:
All politicians lie.
That's the same lame excuse liberals gave when Clinton lied under oath.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Seyorni said:
Clinton's most famous lies involved only himself and a handful of others. They did not take a nation into war.
As the bumper sticker says: "No One Died When Clinton Lied"

Mr Spinkles said:
That's the same lame excuse liberals gave when Clinton lied under oath.
Agreed. It's also an all too convenient excuse to not do one's civic duty and be engaged in the political process. With liberty comes responsibility. Politicians get away with lying because we don't hold them accountable.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
almifkhar said:

My support of President Bush was based on the belief that he was a political conservative and was strong on National Defense. Over the last six years I feel as though Bush is one of the worst domestic presidents in history. He is beholden to the Christian Right and is constantly thumbing his nose at Mainstream Conservatives.

He is still strong on defense, which I am pleased with, but it doesn't seem like he is willing to do what is necessary to win these wars. I feel like we handled Afghanistan very well, but Iraq appears to have been bungled. Now that they have a constitution, why can't we leave? The longer we stay, the longer the Iraqis will continue to depend on us. A majority of Americans want to bring our troops home and a majority of Iraqis want our troops to go home as well. So what are we waiting for?

I think President Bush has been a bad president. I am proud of my vote for Harry Brown in 2000 and am proud of my vote for Bush in 2004. I thought Bush was weakling in 2000, so I voted for a strong libertarian. I thought Kerry was one of the most dangerous liberal democrats ever presented in a national election, so I voted for Bush out of conscience. I could not vote for a libertarian that could not win when we were threatened with the likes of John Kerry. So, as bad as it is under Bush, I believe we are better off with him than Kerry.

The democratic party, mainly the democratic leadership, I believe is extremely dangerous and it is a shame that the Republican party has become little more than a Christian Political Action Committee, because I feel torn apart every time I go to vote. I long for the return of conservative Southern Democrats or (libertarian democrats), because I could either vote for them, or they would bring the Republicans back to their politically conservative roots. Either way, our government would be strengthened.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I find nothing particularly conservative about Bush, except what he says which is often as far as it goes.

Bush is an elitist, but then so is Kerry, and Clinton has become one as well (regardless of his Arkansas upbring)

i do not trust any of them as far as i can throw them

jonny

If the democrats wanted my vote they should I given me a decent candidate to vote for. As pathetic as I find Bush, I thought that Kerry and his wife would have been a disaster. I didn't decide to vote for Bush until the day of the election and I couldn't bring myself to vote for Kerry. That's it. I agree that he's been a horrible domestically, but I agree with his foreign policies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I couldn't bring myself to vote. I knew Bush would win Indiana, and I would have voted for Nader, so why waste my gas?

gtrsgrls

almifkhar said:
I don't really support bush or not support him.I do support the war on terror because we simply can't have any more Sep. 11'ths around here anymore.And about all the lies coming from the white house.Can you name another administration that didn't lie?I heavily doubt it.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
We don't want another Sept 11th... so we invade a country that had NOTHING to do with Sept 11th and in the process create more terrorists.

Winning strategy, there.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
That's why we have lost thousands in Iraq? My God man, what have we had to pay in civil liberties is amazingly bad.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Jensa said:
We don't want another Sept 11th... so we invade a country that had NOTHING to do with Sept 11th and in the process create more terrorists.

Winning strategy, there.

It was an excellent place to try to install freedom, equality and democracy. While 48% of Iraqis think it is ok to "blow up Americans", once we leave, there is a chance that Iraq will thrive. We just need to get out and see if democracy will take off.