• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is murder

Draka

Wonder Woman
Well thats an act of nature, and not a result of the violation of man.

Irrelevant to this discussion.

A fertilised human zygote is ALIVE and genetically HUMAN.

Criteria satisfied.

So you think that we flush human beings down the toilet quite regularly then? If you define a fertilized egg as a vital human being then that makes for a VERY sad prospect.

At that point it is but some cells that may or may not develop into a human being.

Tau

Too bad that neither life, nor our understanding of life, are that simple. There are shades of grey here that are too numerous to mention.

Not really, human zygotes respirate and grow, they are human life forms, no one would doubt a bacterium is a life form...

Tau

So you think that we flush human beings down the toilet quite regularly then? If you define a fertilized egg as a vital human being then that makes for a VERY sad prospect.

At that point it is but some cells that may or may not develop into a human being.

Why is that a sad prospect?

Draka

Wonder Woman
But we execute entire babies...not just a clump of cells...

At the early stages of a pregnancy, within the first few weeks, it is a clump of cells. An embryo is not the same thing as a baby. Whether it is considered more than a clump of forming cells at that point is caused by emotional attachment or bond, NOT biology.

Tau

In that case, Tau I invite you to restate your case in a civil fashion. If you can do that, I'll be happy to debate you.

I cannot be swayed by any debate.

I will never change my mind.

All children unborn or otherwise deserve the full protection of HUMAN RIGHTS.

There can be no compromise with elective abortion for me, it is selfish and evil in my opinion and detremental to the greater good.

Tau

At the early stages of a pregnancy, within the first few weeks, it is a clump of cells. An embryo is not the same thing as a baby. Whether it is considered more than a clump of forming cells at that point is caused by emotional attachment or bond, NOT biology.

Embryo, baby, whatever...scientifically speaking a human is a human.

I have seen 'embryos' terminated in the abortion procedure, they looked a lot like babies to me...they had hearts brains nervous systems fingers and toes...until they were killed by a lethal injection to the heart and then liquidised by a machine resembling a blender.

Smoke

Done here.
A loss of a fertilised zygote is called a miscarriage....:rolleyes:

You should attend a biology lesson or two..hehe
You should take your own advice. "Miscarriage" is a popular term and not a medical term. The medical term is "spontaneous abortion."

That is usually the case when people are impervious to the facts.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

There can be no compromise with elective abortion for me, it is selfish and evil in my opinion and detremental to the greater good.

While I consider myself in a staunch pro-life position, I don't believe calling abortion selfish and evil invites civil discussion. :eek:

I'm sorry, I've been through quite a few of these debates only to see terms like "evil" and "self-serving" on one side, and "discriminatory" and "uncompassionate" on the other side. This tactic is unproductive to fostering understanding.

Tau

While I consider myself in a staunch pro-life position, I don't believe calling abortion selfish and evil invites civil discussion. :eek:

I'm sorry, I've been through quite a few of these debates only to see terms like "evil" and "self-serving" on one side, and "discriminatory" and "uncompassionate" on the other side. This tactic is unproductive to fostering understanding.

Then I will post no more on this subject.

There is nothing left to say.

Thankyou.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Aborting infants by elective termination is simply murder.

The stage at which at a human being is created is during conception.

Without trying to insult anybody, but it's my opinion. (Just don't read between lines as I wrote nothing there ;))
Yes, I agree, it is murder. But at certain stage it's like killing a fly. Or a fish or think of any other animal you would have less trouble killing. As I don't believe in the soul, life is a learningprocess. At a certain point, cells are automated in learning. It's after that moment they start "conciously" learning.

So I agree that it is murder, but untill they are in the "concious" learning part, I agree that it can be wiser to remove...
To add, I do think that in some situations (read "some" again) it can be selfish. I also believe it's not bad to be selfish once in a while. Sometimes even for the better.

I heard from a few friends of mine who had an abortion it was the toughest desicion in their lives. I respect those people a lot!

Smoke

Done here.
What facts?
It doesn't matter what facts. Any facts. When there is no possibility that you can be swayed from your opinion, no facts at all matter.

Every single opinion you have should be subject to change. Every one of them. I used to be opposed to legal abortion myself, now I'm not. There are other people who used to be in favor of legal abortion, and now they're not. Still others have never changed their mind, but they are still capable of rational discussion and of being open to new information. The point is, you can't close yourself off to information and discussion, especially on a subject about which nobody really knows who is right. When you plant your flag on any opinion and declare, "I shall not be moved, no matter what," you've quit thinking. And if you've quit thinking, your opinions are worthless -- and most of the time, so are your arguments.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Well thats an act of nature, and not a result of the violation of man.
I will agree with you that if it occurs due to a violation of man then it would be considered murder. But if it occurs due to the decision of the woman who is pregnant that is an other matter entirely.

Then what is the point of having a debate? And for that matter what it the point of having a mind?

For the record I can be swayed, I might change my mind. But the argument would have to be good.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

Then there's no point, is there? I have to stand by my original assessment of your OP as flamebait. By your own admission, you're not interested in a civil exchange of ideas. You just wanted to **** people off. That's flamebait.