• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is murder

Tau

doppelgänger;1186140 said:
So what? What am I supposed to do about it? I'm unlikely to have the option of choosing.
Was I asking you to do anything about it?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Was I asking you to do anything about it?
You posted a topic to declare your opinion. I'm just curious why you think I or anyone else should care. I assume that you think something should be done. If so, what are you proposing?

Tau

doppelgänger;1186152 said:
You posted a topic to declare your opinion. I'm just curious why you think I or anyone else should care. I assume that you think something should be done. If so, what are you proposing?

First off whether particular individuals care or not is not my business, I cannot know until they post anyway.
As for doing something well I would obviously have to propose that elective abortion is outlawed and those that break the law, punished.

doppelganger

First of whether particular individuals care or not is not my business, I cannot know until they post anyway.
So it's just to declare your opinion? Okay. Abortion is not murder. :) What a productive discussion we're now having . . .

As for doing something well I would obviously have to propose that elective abortion is outlawed and those that break the law, punished.
And how many fewer abortions would that result in?

Draka

Wonder Woman
First off whether particular individuals care or not is not my business, I cannot know until they post anyway.

Punished how? Like those stupid protesters "punish" the doctors that perform them by stalking, threatening, or even killing them? Like that is any better? Just what sort of punishment do you think should be given that is any comparison to the mental anguish and emotional torment a woman already goes through just coming to the decision to abort let alone what she has to face for the rest of her life?

Tau

doppelgänger;1186158 said:
So it's just to declare your opinion? Okay. Abortion is not murder. :) What a productive discussion we're now having . . .

And how many fewer abortions would that result in?

Abortion involves terminating or killing a living embryo or fetus or baby or whatever, if this is done deliberately (which is the definition of abortion, deliberate termination) then one has deliberately killed an unborn human being or in other words murdered them, but with the sanction of the state, personally I don't care what the state thinks, thats what democracy is for.

Second question, evidently some lives will be saved.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Abortion involves terminating or killing a living embryo or fetus or baby or whatever, if this is done deliberately (which is the definition of abortion, deliberate termination) then one has deliberately killed an unborn human being or in other words murdered them, but with the sanction of the state, personally I don't care what the state thinks, thats what democracy is for.

Again, you are wrong, but that doesn't seem to make any difference to you does it?

doppelganger

"Murder" is a legal term. Abortion during the first trimester is not illegal in any state in the United States.

I think you're just making that up. Do you have evidence of how many abortions will be prevented? I think you've been duped into wasting your passions on the wrong things.

Tau

Punished how? Like those stupid protesters "punish" the doctors that perform them by stalking, threatening, or even killing them? Like that is any better? Just what sort of punishment do you think should be given that is any comparison to the mental anguish and emotional torment a woman already goes through just coming to the decision to abort let alone what she has to face for the rest of her life?

Murdering abortionists is not the answer.

Punishments for people who do murder others should be imprisoned (ie the doctors/abortionists).
Mothers whom abort should be punished less severely, however they should be sterilised if they repeatedly abort their children.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Murdering abortionists is not the answer.

Punishments for people who do murder others should be imprisoned (ie the doctors/abortionists).
Mothers whom abort should be punished less severely, however they should be sterilised if they repeatedly abort their children.

Man, have you ever seen the movie "If These Walls Could Talk"? I suggest a rental night for you.

Tau

doppelgänger;1186166 said:
"Murder" is a legal term. Abortion during the first trimester is not illegal in any state in the United States.

I think you're just making that up. Do you have evidence of how many abortions will be prevented? I think you've been duped into wasting your passions on the wrong things.

The state defines what it likes I don't really care what the USA thinks LOL.

I think some abortions will be prevented, abortion has become a secondary form of contraception in this nation (UK) because of its availability.

doppelganger

I think some abortions will be prevented, abortion has become a secondary form of contraception in this nation (UK) because of its availability.
I think you're just pulling that out of your arse. Where's the evidence of what effect making abortion illegal has on rates of abortion? I will persist until you answer. And I'm very persistent. :D

Tau

doppelgänger;1186178 said:
I think you're just pulling that out of your arse. Where's the evidence of what effect making abortion illegal has on rates of abortion?

Thats your opinion but frankly I know my own nation, american.

doppelganger

The state defines what it likes I don't really care what the USA thinks LOL.
It's not illegal in the UK, either. Regardless of which of the two countries you're talking about, first trimester abortions (and I think first 24 weeks in the UK, though don't quote me on that) aren't illegal, nor are they "murder."

Tau

doppelgänger;1186184 said:
It's not illegal in the UK, either. Regardless of which of the two countries you're talking about, first trimester abortions (and I think first 24 weeks in the UK, though don't quote me on that) aren't illegal, nor are they "murder."

The state defines what it wishes to at any given time, democracy allows us to modulate this...OK?

Tau

doppelgänger;1186185 said:
Where's the evidence that making abortion illegal reduces the rate of abortions?

This nation has never tried to re criminalise abortion so that sir is an impossible question to expect any reliable mathematical answer from, be realistic.

You think its all about reducing numbers of abortions?
I've never said so.....

Its more than that, its a definition of what we stand for...

Tau

doppelgänger;1186190 said:
Right. And right now abortion is not "murder". So you're wrong. See?

Only in the eyes of the state, I can live with that doppelganger, what's your point?

doppelganger

This nation has never tried to re criminalise abortion so that sir is an impossible question to expect any reliable mathematical answer from, be realistic.
There's no method by which someone could evaluate the effect of anti-abortion laws on abortion rates? You can't think of any way to do that? Have there been any attempts? :)

You think its all about reducing numbers of abortions?
LOL. Um . . . I'm going with "yes" . .

Its more than that, its a definition of what we stand for...
But "we" don't stand for laws that don't reduce abortions, because that puts more people at risk and distracts away from the things you and I could do that will reduce abortions.

Now, what do you think those things might be?