• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is murder

Nessa Nenharma

Goddess of my Domain
Abortion involves terminating or killing a living embryo or fetus or baby or whatever, if this is done deliberately (which is the definition of abortion, deliberate termination) then one has deliberately killed an unborn human being or in other words murdered them, but with the sanction of the state, personally I don't care what the state thinks, thats what democracy is for.

Second question, evidently some lives will be saved.

Hypothetically speaking : If 100 women wanted abortions and abortions were illegal, they would have to find another solution. Back alley abortions with rusty medical tools, coat hanger abortions, throwing themselves down the stairs, etc. If these 100 women were allowed to have abortions you would result in 100 "deaths" (if you believe it is killing). If you have to go the other route you would have 100+ deaths <<<note the plus :), because doing abortions without trained medical professionals to perform them often results in not only an abortion but also the death of the woman as well... So my question is how are we evidently saving lives..?

Tau

doppelgänger;1186197 said:
But "we" don't stand for laws that don't reduce abortions, because that puts more people at risk and distracts away from the things you and I could do that will reduce abortions.

Now, what do you think those things might be?

Curtail the patronising tone, the only other way of reducing abortions is preventing people from impregnating each other....but that is obvious or at least I thought so.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
the only other way of reducing abortions is preventing people from impregnating each other....but that is obvious or at least I thought so.
Now we're getting somewhere. How can that be accomplished without preventing people who want to impregnate each other from doing so?

Tau

He won't be able to produce any because it doesn't exist. In fact, evidence indicates just the opposite, that abortion rates are higher in countries that ban the procedure.

I wasnt going to attempt to produce any such evidence, the situation in most developing/ undeveloped countries (where abortion might be illegal) is different, additional children have much more serious consequences for poorer more at risk people...surely that is obvious?

Tau

Hypothetically speaking : If 100 women wanted abortions and abortions were illegal, they would have to find another solution. Back alley abortions with rusty medical tools, coat hanger abortions, throwing themselves down the stairs, etc. If these 100 women were allowed to have abortions you would result in 100 "deaths" (if you believe it is killing). If you have to go the other route you would have 100+ deaths <<<note the plus :), because doing abortions without trained medical professionals to perform them often results in not only an abortion but also the death of the woman as well... So my question is how are we evidently saving lives..?

Make the punishments for back street abortion extremely harsh, after all how much liberty do you want to risk making a little money preforming illegal abortions?

Tau

doppelgänger;1186210 said:
Now we're getting somewhere. How can that be accomplished without preventing people who want to impregnate each other from doing so?

I am not into games, just say what you have to say for god's sake.

doppelganger

I wasnt going to attempt to produce any such evidence, the situation in most developing/ undeveloped countries (where abortion might be illegal) is different, additional children have much more serious consequences for poorer more at risk people...surely that is obvious?
So what if poverty also correlated directly with abortion rates in more prosperous countries? And what about the effect of the availability of contraceptives and safe sex education? What role might that play in changing abortion rates?

doppelganger

Make the punishments for back street abortion extremely harsh, after all how much liberty do you want to risk making a little money preforming illegal abortions?
And what effect will that have on the rates of illegal abortions compared to the increase in the occurrence of deaths and severe injuries to women?

Tau

doppelgänger;1186226 said:
So what if poverty also correlated directly with abortion rates in more prosperous countries? And what about the effect of the availability of contraceptives and safe sex education? What role might that play in changing abortion rates?

Obviously doppelganger it would help if the above where freely available, I believe in prevention rather than cure, now I am off to play Magic the Gathering, laters.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Hey Tau -

If your Original post is correct then what happens to the Zygotes that get fertilized and then don't attach themselves to the wall of a uteris and just kinda... fall out?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Hey Tau -

If your Original post is correct then what happens to the Zygotes that get fertilized and then don't attach themselves to the wall of a uteris and just kinda... fall out?

Tried that tactic. He doesn't seem to care if they are flushed with my Tampax or thrown in the trash with a pad. That's OK...that's "just natural". :rolleyes:

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Tried that tactic. He doesn't seem to care if they are flushed with my Tampax or thrown in the trash with a pad. That's OK...that's "just natural". :rolleyes:
oh okay, i see how it is.

I'm somewhere in between pro-choice and pro-life.

while i don't think that abortions should be illegal, i believe they should not be easy to get.