• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ACTION ALERT: "defend our shared values" from a "shameful display of sexual immorality"

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Like in all the dances of the movie? Well I did felt there needed to be SOMETHING more to it, pardon the ignorance :D

Actually, throughout the entire film, the audience participates with the music AND with the dialogue. Bring a newspaper, some water pistols, toilet paper, confetti, and arrive in costume. Rocky Horror rarely plays around in cinemas anymore, but it used to be huge because of the audience participation.

The only dance you really MUST learn is the Time Warp. That's as basic as learning the alphabet song. :D

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Those who don't like it don't have to attend. It's that simple. It disgusts me how people think that their silly superstitions obligates them to deny others the right and freedom to enjoy such things. These are usually the same people who belch and bellow about patriotism, but how can you claim to love a country yet hate the very freedoms that it stands for and was founded upon?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So for those asking "what's the point?", what's the point of any form of entertainment other than to provide entertainment?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
So for those asking "what's the point?", what's the point of any form of entertainment other than to provide entertainment?

True. :yes:

It's okay if it's not their taste. The great thing about arts and entertainment is that it allows the audience to find their own personal aesthetic. If a show sucked, it's perfectly reasonable for the audience to say that it sucked.

I remember the first time I went to see an experimental music performance. I thought to myself - after years of classical piano training - why would anybody want to take piano strings out and rub them together to make pointless sound when you can play the piano they way it was made? And why would during the piano-string-sound-mish-mash there be some visual moving sculptures of a wooden plank on stage where hands are poking out and reaching randomly to the sky?

I went with a group of friends that night. I thought the show was all right. I wasn't overly impressed with it. One person was blown away by it and got a lot out of it. Two thought it was meaningless and stupid. I thought it had it's moments when one instrument would begin playing with another instrument, and a short duet would seem to pop up (which I thought created some awesome moments in the show). Afterward, I mentioned to the director that if they were to re-stage it, I'd personally like to see more of those moments. But that was just my own impression. Most of the audience gave it a good reception.

Drag shows are like the same. They're not what you'd expect out of show with flowing hair, tights, and heels. But like other experimental music performances I'd been to, if you get a good one, they're unforgettable, fun, and inspiring.

At least that's what I think. :)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
True. :yes:

It's okay if it's not their taste. The great thing about arts and entertainment is that it allows the audience to find their own personal aesthetic. If a show sucked, it's perfectly reasonable for the audience to say that it sucked.

I remember the first time I went to see an experimental music performance. I thought to myself - after years of classical piano training - why would anybody want to take piano strings out and rub them together to make pointless sound when you can play the piano they way it was made? And why would during the piano-string-sound-mish-mash there be some visual moving sculptures of a wooden plank on stage where hands are poking out and reaching randomly to the sky?

I went with a group of friends that night. I thought the show was all right. I wasn't overly impressed with it. One person was blown away by it and got a lot out of it. Two thought it was meaningless and stupid. I thought it had it's moments when one instrument would begin playing with another instrument, and a short duet would seem to pop up (which I thought created some awesome moments in the show). Afterward, I mentioned to the director that if they were to re-stage it, I'd personally like to see more of those moments. But that was just my own impression. Most of the audience gave it a good reception.

Drag shows are like the same. They're not what you'd expect out of show with flowing hair, tights, and heels. But like other experimental music performances I'd been to, if you get a good one, they're unforgettable, fun, and inspiring.

At least that's what I think. :)

Exactly. It boils down to personal tastes. While I might not like certain genres, I can still understand why others might. If they enjoy their drag shows, then that's all that matters.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, it's a specific celebration of males portraying femininity by gender-bending entertainment. It's fun, fabulous, and the good shows that draw the most crowds have performers and crew who work pretty hard at their craft.

What stereotypes of women that have been used to oppress us are you speaking about?
Maybe because Supermam threw Wonder Woman across the stage into a perfect split and dragged her off at the end.

Im thinking splinters. *Grin **