• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam and Eve as a Myth

nazz

Doubting Thomas
One of the give aways that Adam and Eve is myth was the use and symbolism of the human and serpent, especially the point the point the animals are punished and alterations happen that nature gives them.

In many mythologies people have explained the differences between animals with a story of how we came to be the way we are and why some animals fly and why some swim, why death is here and why it seems as though nature punishes us.

These were all classical ways of writing myth that was repeated by many cultures even spanning across oceans. They were all attempts to explain origin and what we know today to be evolution. Very clever and symbolic stories but not really factual but they are expressions of the reality humans have found themselves in with their attempt at explaining origins.

can't argue with that

:)

idav

Being
Premium Member
The Bible is very clear that Adam was the first man created by God in his image.
Not exactly clear when there are two creation accounts.

I believe we were created by a supernatural God just as the Bible says. We interpret the fossil record differently.
Yeah I know but how do you interpret it differently? Millions of species didn't just fall from the sky one day since we never find humans with dinosaurs.

javajo

Not exactly clear when there are two creation accounts.
There was one creation. The first "account" was an overview of it, the second a more detailed one dealing more with Adam and Eve.

Yeah I know but how do you interpret it differently? Millions of species didn't just fall from the sky one day since we never find humans with dinosaurs.
There are human footprints inside dinosaur prints in the fossil record in places. I believe they coexisted. The fossil record appears very abruptly as well. But, I'm not trying to debate evolution, I just believe God created Adam and Eve just like the Bible says. If you don't believe it I totally understand.

outhouse

Atheistically
There are human footprints inside dinosaur prints in the fossil record in places

false again.

only fakes and frauds, some created by some dishonest theist, some only percieved from ignorance.

outhouse

Atheistically
I just believe God created Adam and Eve just like the Bible says. If you don't believe it I totally understand.

we know you only have faith as evidence.

where we have plenty of evidence that it never happened as written, that also has contradictions that are not plausible

javajo

Whatever. I believe in Adam and Eve. If you cannot accept that, I understand. Its no problem. I would ask why there are accounts describing dinosaurs such as that in Job in many different cultures. And why are there carvings of dinosaurs on ancient artifacts like cave drawings, burial stones, clay figurines, etc.?

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
There was one creation. The first "account" was an overview of it, the second a more detailed one dealing more with Adam and Eve.
Works better as two accounts because there were already many humans around by the time your account of Adam and Eve allegedly came into the picture.
There are human footprints inside dinosaur prints in the fossil record in places. I believe they coexisted.
Show me.
The fossil record appears very abruptly as well.
Actually it doesn't. The fossil record shows gradual progression.

javajo

Works better as two accounts because there were already many humans around by the time your account of Adam and Eve allegedly came into the picture.

Show me.

Actually it doesn't. The fossil record shows gradual progression.
Dude, I'm not going to argue with you. I believe the Adam and Eve story of creation. If you think science or whatever shows otherwise, fine.

outhouse

Atheistically
Dude, I'm not going to argue with you. I believe the Adam and Eve story of creation. If you think science or whatever shows otherwise, fine.

science does show otherwise.

and you have admitted faith alone., what do you really have to debate??

javajo

science does show otherwise.

and you have admitted faith alone., what do you really have to debate??
I don't think so but my point is I am not trying to debate or prove it, I've just been saying that I believe the story is true. If that's crazy to you, ok, but I hope its ok with you that I believe it. Peace, love and Thanks.

camanintx

I would ask why there are accounts describing dinosaurs such as that in Job in many different cultures. And why are there carvings of dinosaurs on ancient artifacts like cave drawings, burial stones, clay figurines, etc.?
Who says they are dinosaurs? There are many animals today that resemble dinosaurs, that doesn't mean they are.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Tell me those aren't dinosaurs.

Those aren't dinosaurs.

Besides that they can be just from an artists imagination. Evidence would be to find these animals bones around in the same time frame as humans but such evidence doesn't exist. Humans have only been around 200,000 years but dinosaurs were from millions of years ago.

400px-Evolution_timeline.jpg

outhouse

Atheistically
I don't think so but my point is I am not trying to debate or prove it, I've just been saying that I believe the story is true. If that's crazy to you, ok, but I hope its ok with you that I believe it. Peace, love and Thanks.

you can believe what you want.

but you cant debate about it rationally unless you have more then faith.