• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After death, do you want to exist somewhere ?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No other way to escape from existance ?

Dying is escaping from existance. You asked me to which extent and in which way I would want to avoid that, didn't you?

But, what if your loved ones would have turned into your hated ones, at the end of your life ? :)

No big deal. It happened often enough in life, and it ought to hurt a lot less in death.

chinu

chinu
Dying is escaping from existance. You asked me to which extent and in which way I would want to avoid that, didn't you?
Sorry! i think i misunderstood you, I thought you are saying, I cannot escape from existance till i have loved ones.

What do you mean by: "As a good memory from loved ones. No other way" ? Luis

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I definitely want there to be something after this or venerating the gods and my ancestors has been quite useless.

I believe in the gods and have had experiences with them so I know there is somewhere that they exist. I hope I go there.

Erebus

I don't really mind to be honest. Some form of existence that isn't hellish is preferable to non-existence, though if I did simply disappear I wouldn't be any position to complain or care.

chinu

chinu
I definitely want there to be something after this or venerating the gods and my ancestors has been quite useless.

I believe in the gods and have had experiences with them so I know there is somewhere that they exist. I hope I go there.
What's the benifit for you by going there ?

Rainbow Mage

What's the benifit for you by going there ?

To be near to those I have honored, loved, and sought after. One day seeing the gods is something I very much long for.

I would willingly serve my patron, my queen Sekhmet-Mut forever in the Duat if she would have me do so.

She has been a true mother to me, loved me and protected me.

chinu

chinu
To be near to those I have honored, loved, and sought after. One day seeing the gods is something I very much long for.

I would willingly serve my patron, my queen Sekhmet-Mut forever in the Duat if she would have me do so.

She has been a true mother to me, loved me and protected me.
But, what will do there by staying there for ever ?

Rainbow Mage

But, what will do there by staying there for ever ?

Well there's no agreement that its forever. One eventually takes on another body seems to be the consensus, but while I am there I would serve the gods and live among the departed in the glorious afterlife.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I wouldn't say I'd really "prefer it". If it happens, then it happens. If it doesn't, then it doesn't.

But if I had to choose, I would either say reincarnation or an afterlife that is a state of being rather than a literal place.

Rainbow Mage

I actually believe in an idea very like the Greek Hades if you want to know the truth. Except as I also hold concepts of the Egyptian neterworld, the gods dwell in Hades also, as that is the spirit world.

I don't take Elysium and the fields of Asphodel as literally as the Greeks did. They're states of being.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I'm still just trying to exist in life. Death will have to take care of itself.

chinu

chinu
Well there's no agreement that its forever. One eventually takes on another body seems to be the consensus, but while I am there I would serve the gods and live among the departed in the glorious afterlife.
As you will serve Gods, it means you will be SERVANT to them, Right ?
Like, the servants of this world always have the desire to become boss, Similarly, don't you will have the desire of becoming Boss/Gods while being there ? :)

Rainbow Mage

As you will serve Gods, it means you will be SERVANT to them, Right ?
Like, the servants of this world always have the desire to become boss, Similarly, don't you will have the desire of becoming Boss/Gods while being there ? :)

No I wouldn't want to lord it over the gods, not that I think I even could. Its more a matter that the gods have won my respect and trust that makes me want to serve them. Wanting to makes a huge difference!