• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

After death, do you want to exist somewhere ?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
After death, do you want to exist somewhere, or not ?

It's not so much personal preference for me as in...uh, let me see, I choose option A!

I am greatly a spiritual being now. I will return to my Creator when I pass on. For me, it's a truth that I've accepted. It's just..."right".

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I don't think it a matter of choice myself. Like I said, I know the gods exist, hence they exist in some realm or place.

Their existence makes that a given if you're convinced they're real.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

I prefer continuation of consciousness to non-continuation.

And this consciousness would continue to grow until it really sees itself for what it is....pure Consciousness/Oneness/Brahman/God. Our limited consciousness is just a stage to be conquered.

InChrist

Free4ever
I look forward to being with Jesus forever and in my Father's Presence in the glorious realm of eternity dwelling in God's love and beauty.

But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”1 Corinthians 2:9

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Non-existence would be okay with me. I wouldn't even be aware of it.

I guess ideally it would be nice if there was some sort of afterlife, because there are a lot of people (and other animals) that die young, or die unhappily, or otherwise get a really bad hand in life, and I would like it if they could find some happiness for a while somewhere rather than ceasing to exist after such events. Otherwise they just live in a sad state of affairs and then die, which is kind of pointless.

Descriptions of afterlives that I've heard don't sound very appealing to me. The idea of heaven as a physical place, or the idea of turning into pure consciousness, or the idea of rejoining the Great Cosmic Spirit, are generally vaguely described.

Straw Dog

I suppose I'm instinctually obligated to say "Sure" but intellectually...

I think therefore I am? I don't think so...

I think I am and so I think I am not.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What happens after death is completely irrelevant to the life we have now. Having expectations of what lies beyond of any kind is a waste of time.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I think with existence there is always inevitable pain and suffering. And I do hope that one day it will end.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Just for humor :)

946069_599209276769823_2144066888_n.jpg

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Sorry! i think i misunderstood you, I thought you are saying, I cannot escape from existance till i have loved ones.

What do you mean by: "As a good memory from loved ones. No other way" ? Luis

The one thing that will survive the death of my body is the memories of myself in those who care about me.

Aquitaine

I don't think I'd mind non-existence. Since in order to "care" I'd have to exist, so being in a state of non-existence means I literally won't "care" about the situation, Hell I won't even be aware that I'm dead. :eek:

However I wouldn't mind an existence after death, but it would have to depend on the circumstances - I wouldn't wanna go through death just to come back to this place again, that would kind of be a slap in the face. :thud:

Whatever happens when I die, i'm ok with. If i go to hell for not believing in Christianity, If my soul spawns me into an animal, or if my existence would end when I die then i'm ok with that.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If there is no existence after the last breath then.....
Man (and life as a whole) is a mystery with no resolve.