• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Afterlife

RamaRaksha

*banned*
I believe that I am going to a spiritual world where I will continue to exist forever, but I don't know anything about what it will be like.
In the real world we understand that if something is not needed nor useful it will die out.
For eg once we had tails, when we lived in trees, we came down from them and slowly lost them
There are animals living in dark caves that have gone blind - their eyes no longer useful
I want to know how a spiritual world exists - of what use it?
Hinduism says ALL worlds are here - there is no need to create a different world
Reborn as say Trees - people will live in a different world - the world that trees inhibit is very, very different - we can only imagine
what it would be like to never see the world that we see
Only interact with the sources of nourishment up in the sky and deep in the ground
Sit in one place, chanting OM?
Could that be the spiritual world?

RamaRaksha

*banned*
In their opinion, of course. However, not everyone believes in reincarnation.
But isn't the first part scary?
We think we know death but do we really?
People's skin goes cold, they stop breathing or moving but do we really know that they are dead?
How do we know they can't hear us or are able to think?
Much we don't know

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In my opinion, the surprise and shock at the end explains why there are so many earthbound human spirits. I understand that it is very upsetting to them.
You have told me about Christians who will be confused when they die and don't go directly to heaven and see Jesus.
Have you encountered any earthbound spirits who are atheists, confused about why they are not dead after they die?

Do you think atheists end up being earthbound and need help crossing over?

InChrist

Free4ever
Do you have any sense at all where you’re going after death or is it just a hunch?
After physical death, I am going to heaven to be with the Lord…

For we know that if our earthly house, , is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our [habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:1-8

RamaRaksha

*banned*
After physical death, I am going to heaven to be with the Lord…

For we know that if our earthly house, , is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our [habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:1-8
I keep asking this question - is Heaven some sort of Retirement Home?
What goes on there? What do all these people do?
Is there anything to do? To get done? Can't believe an Al-mighty God needing to get anything done
So is Heaven some sort of Vacation place - people lying on the beach, but no skin cancer, enjoying the good life, drink all you want without getting a belly or get cancer, eat all one wants without getting fat?
And what would all that be about? What is the point?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Here's what happens
I was thinking this is why it is good to know what actually happens after we die so we are not shocked after we die and are not dead.

I was in agreement up until 3:28 in the video...........

I absolutely do not believe in reincarnation, not only because I cannot imagine anything worse than having to live life on this earth all over again, but because it goes against what my religion teaches.

81: REINCARNATION

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But isn't the first part scary?
We think we know death but do we really?
People's skin goes cold, they stop breathing or moving but do we really know that they are dead?
How do we know they can't hear us or are able to think?
Much we don't know
It might be scary at first but once one realizes that they are not their physical body, their soul moves, takes on a spiritual body, and they start to adjust to their new life in the spiritual world.
In my opinion of course.

InChrist

Free4ever
Is there anything to do? To get done? Can't believe an Al-mighty God needing to get anything done
So is Heaven some sort of Vacation place - people lying on the beach, but no skin cancer, enjoying the good life, drink all you want without getting a belly or get cancer, eat all one wants without getting fat?
And what would all that be about? What is the point?
I think this life is too brief to learn, experience, see, or do everything, don’t you? Just seeing all the variety of life and creation in this temporal world makes me imagine the endless beauty and creativity that will be taking place in the eternal heaven and earth. I don’t think it will be boring for a second with endless things to learn, places to explore, people to meet, adventures to enjoy and most of all living in the Presence and Love of God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God is not with the Dead
God is with the Living
lol
God is with the people (souls) living in this world as well as with people (souls) who have crossed over to the spiritual world.
God is not with dead bodies since the soul leaves the body after the death of the body.
According to my beliefs.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Is there anything to do? To get done?
There is no way for us to know exactly what we will be doing in Heaven, but I believe that if we were believers we will continue the work we were doing in this life. I don't know what nonbelievers will be doing, after they get over the shock of realizing that they are not dead.

“Those who have passed on through death, have a sphere of their own. It is not removed from ours; their work, the work of the Kingdom, is ours; but it is sanctified from what we call ‘time and place.’ Time with us is measured by the sun. When there is no more sunrise, and no more sunset, that kind of time does not exist for man. Those who have ascended have different attributes from those who are still on earth, yet there is no real separation.”
‘Abdu’l-Bahá in London, pp. 95-96
Can't believe an Al-mighty God needing to get anything done
God doesn't need to get anything done but we might want to get things done. Otherwise we will be pretty bored, living forever with nothing to do.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You have told me about Christians who will be confused when they die and don't go directly to heaven and see Jesus.

Yes, this has been my personal experience for many years. For reference, I've further explained my personal encounters in the following post.

Have you encountered any earthbound spirits who are atheists, confused about why they are not dead after they die?

Yes, I have.

Do you think atheists end up being earthbound and need help crossing over?

Yes, I think so. I've helped a few crossover into the spirit realm. However, they weren't adamant about being atheists at the time they crossed over.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
I think this life is too brief to learn, experience, see, or do everything, don’t you? Just seeing all the variety of life and creation in this temporal world makes me imagine the endless beauty and creativity that will be taking place in the eternal heaven and earth. I don’t think it will be boring for a second with endless things to learn, places to explore, people to meet, adventures to enjoy and most of all living in the Presence and Love of God.
So it is like we are all retired - we get to enjoy ourselves - all free?
Where do we live? In a house? No rent, nothing?
And we get to go places? How do we travel? Air, bus?
All that good stuff waiting for us - no wonder people have killed themselves trying to get there and we mock them as cults
But why? What's all that about?
Is this God's Grand Plan? Billions of people just laying about doing nothing, enjoying themselves?
How does that make any sense?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It might be scary at first but once one realizes that they are not their physical body, their soul moves, takes on a spiritual body, and they start to adjust to their new life in the spiritual world.
In my opinion of course.

It is frightening for many at first because they don't understand what has happened to them. They are often scared, confused, sad, and even angry that their physical life is over and they were not expecting it. In my opinion and experience, it is worse for the Christians because of what they were taught to believe about the afterlife in the Bible and their church. In my experience, these are the earthbound spirits who struggle the most with their afterlife.