• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alcohol Kills 3 Million Annually: World Health Organization

mahasn ebn sawresho

That is why I do not think that God has forbidden -
This trend in Christianity and clear ---
Wine hated if used more than the ability of man ---
Drink alcohol within the limits of the ability of your body and also drink it at times think that the brain needs to rest

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Dunno guys, but I believe alcohol is potentially harmful by nature and it does more harm than good!

Double cheese burgers and roast beef aren't so!

Now I feel hungry :(

Last edited:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Dunno guys, but alcohol is potentially harmful by nature and it does more harm than good!

Double cheese burgers and roast beef aren't so!

Now I feel hungry :(

It can make you obese, clog up your heart arteries and cause a lot of other illnesses. Also, the doctor who conducted The China Study would disagree too. He pins animal products (meat, egg, cheese) and processed foods as the bad stuff in our diets.

And yeah, I'd rather avoid alcohol. I tend to prefer to take a preventive route than getting sick and medicating.

John Doe

It can make you obese, clog up your heart arteries and cause a lot of other illnesses. Also, the doctor who conducted The China Study would disagree too. He pins animal products (meat, egg, cheese) and processed foods as the bad stuff in our diets.

The claims about saturated fats have been debunked.

The big problem is sugar.

The 'Seven Countries Study' by Ancel Keys, which supposedly proved the link between saturated fat and heart disease, was bogus. Nevertheless, it began the pointless fad of 'fat free' and 'low fat' foods which has gone on for decades. But something was needed to replace the addictive quality of fatty foods - that something was sugar, which is now the most deadly addictive substance on earth.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I like beer. Wine too. There is no doubt that alcohol causes a lot of harm. I think it is good that the harm is reported. It's unlikely to change my behaviour.

It's like anything else. Alcohol in itself isn't had, an excess of alcohol may cause health problems over time and drinking too much at one time can cause alcohol poisoning.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

And yeah, I'd rather avoid alcohol. I tend to prefer to take a preventive route than getting sick and medicating.

Dunno, SG. Never heard of anyone having to use the Heimlich Maneuver to dislodge a shot of Jack Daniels :).

Point taken guys :)

What I really had in mind, and I'm sorry I didn't mention it there, was actually the more harm than good to the community as well along with to the drinker's body. Things like rape, car accidents, murder or other similar acts!

Cheese burgers don't do that. Um, well unless maybe the food flies out of the mouth because of the Heimlich Maneuver and kills someone :)

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
One thing I found fascinating and the scientist involved in the study found fascinating was highlighted in a story on 60 Minutes awhile back called "90+". In the extensive study of people over 90 years of age one of the most common things that came out was that the old duffers drank 2 drinks a day and it didn't matter what form the alcohol was in, be it beer, wine, or harder spirits. The other point was that none of those surveyed drank to excess, but they made sure to celebrate their happy hour. All in all it was one of their most interesting stories in recent months.