• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah the Arabic name of GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
This word which some western people hate it (especialy the Christians) , and they insulting/mock it all the time .
In my experience (history) in chat with non-muslims , some people refer it to Idol , and some others said to Allah mean the moon , some said it's mean "camel" ....etc

as you knw Arabic is semitic langauge , it's a sister with Aramaic and Hebrew ,
the Aramaic is the langauge of Jesus (pbuh) ,and Hebrew is language OT

In Aramaic Jesus (pbuh) called God "Elahi" , and Hebrew they called God "Eloah"

I don't blame the atheists if they insult Allah/God , because they don't believe in God/Allah any way .
what i blame here some christians , and some believers in God/Allah in other religions .

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I don't blame the atheists if they insult Allah/God , because they don't believe in God/Allah any way .
what i blame here some christians , and some believers in God/Allah in other religions .
I think what should give Muslims pause is the inescapable reality that the vast majority of non-Muslims are largely ignorant of both Arabic and Islam -to this day.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Might suprise you to learn that I knew that, and know quite a bit about Islam. I took a class in world religions in college and learned about most of the world's major faiths. I think I found something good to take out of all of them. Confuciansim was probably my favorite though.

My point is that it was a pretty big class and was introductory. It counted for social science/humanities credits. There were probably 50-100 students in it. So lots of Americans know about Islam and lots of Americans are Muslim. We're not all ignorant haters over here. :)

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think what should give Muslims pause is the inescapable reality that the vast majority of non-Muslims are largely ignorant of both Arabic and Islam -to this day.

Unfortunately, most MUSLIMS are largely ignorant of both Arabic and Islam as well.

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
I think that every believer should honor every name of God, even when it's a name from another culture.

"Truth is one; sages call it by various names," -Rig Veda

Godobeyer

Premium Member
that's the problem ,and what i talking about .
even some muslims did not know Arabic language as well , and it's obligation for the muslim to learn some Arabic , but it's required .
there is some Arabic people are not muslim .
by the way , Arabic Christains in Egypt and Lebanon ...etc they called God , Allah in arabic .

but for non-muslim to know some info about Islam it's very easy (by Internet for exemple)
especialy about the famous words , Allah , Muhammad (pbuh) ...etc

i just supprise and get annoying when i see some people and sites said "Allah is moon God " or insulting Allah or such like that .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Unfortunately, most MUSLIMS are largely ignorant of both Arabic and Islam as well.
that's true ,Arabic maybe because most of Muslims are not speak Arabic (third first langauge are not the Arabic )
the biggest Muslim countries in the world "Indonisia" they don't speak Arabic .

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
that's the problem ,and what i talking about .
even some muslims did not know Arabic language as well , and it's obligation for the muslim to learn some Arabic , but it's required .
there is some Arabic people are not muslim .
by the way , Arabic Christains in Egypt and Lebanon ...etc they called God , Allah in arabic .

but for non-muslim to know some info about Islam it's very easy (by Internet for exemple)
especialy about the famous words , Allah , Muhammad (pbuh) ...etc

i just supprise and get annoying when i see some people and sites said "Allah is moon God " or insulting Allah or such like that .

Before Islam and Muhammed Arabs already worshipped a God called Illah which i think means God and adding Al it becomes the God,thats from my understanding anyway.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Before Islam and Muhammed Arabs already worshipped a God called Illah which i think means God and adding Al it becomes the God,thats from my understanding anyway.
you one of the victimes !!! , this is misuderdanding not understanding .
that what make you many people misunderstand the word "Allah", I am Arabic , if i am considerate a cat or anything as "God " , i will call it "Allah", did you get my point ?
they considerate many Idols as Gods (ALLAHs) , they worshiped them and they called each one of them , (Allah) , "GOD"

yeah Al-, is mean "the" , it's arabic definition article to any name .

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
you one of the victimes !!! , this is misuderdanding not understanding .
that what make you many people misunderstand the word "Allah", I am Arabic , if i am considerate a cat or anything as "God " , i will call it "Allah", did you get my point ?
they considerate many Idols as Gods (ALLAHs) , they worshiped them and they called each one of them , (Allah) , "GOD"

yeah Al-, is mean "the" , it's arabic definition article to any name .

So is the name the same or not,was the God of the Pagan Arabs called Allah or not.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
so you misunderstand or not :p

Possibly,i think this is the culprit,"if i am considerate a cat or anything as "God " , i will call it "Allah"

Are you saying that "if i consider a Cat or anything else as "God" i will call it "Allah" meaning that although "God" shares the same name both pre and post Islam but only the post Islam one is divine.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Possibly,i think this is the culprit,"if i am considerate a cat or anything as "God " , i will call it "Allah"

Are you saying that "if i consider a Cat or anything else as "God" i will call it "Allah" meaning that although "God" shares the same name both pre and post Islam but only the post Islam one is divine.
that's right .
God call his self Elah , aslo in Aramaic and Hebrew .and it's close to spelling to Elah in Arabic (un-definite word of Allah)

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I've been under the impression that "Allah" translates as "God". Am I mistaken?
no you are not mistaken , you just ignored that .
God is in english , Allah is arabic , the concept/context is the same
but at the Christians just they have 3 members in construction one God

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

no the cat would be illah and many of them would be aaliha.. Allah means the god.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
is not Allah used at least once in the bible?
in Arabic Bible (the christians arabic) they used the word "Allah" to call God
in the Bible of Hebrew or aramaic maybe you will find "Eloah or Elohim" or "Elah " which are close to the meaning and spelling to Arabic once .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.