• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah the Arabic name of GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
what you mean ? can you explain ?
ok don't you called God , in Hebrew , Elah or Elohim and Eloah ?

For instance, my name is Jacob. But if I work as a mailman, the people will call me the mailman. Mailman is a tittle while Jacob is an actual name.

So to is eloim a tittle, while the name is an actual name.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
For instance, my name is Jacob. But if I work as a mailman, the people will call me the mailman. Mailman is a tittle while Jacob is an actual name.

So to is eloim a tittle, while the name is an actual name.
that's point that we are talking about , the TITLES
the title in English is: God , in Arabic : Allah , in Hebrew :Elohim, and Aramaic is :Elah

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
so allah is the god. but since the gods name is the god, its also a proper noun>?

I care

This word which some western people hate it (especialy the Christians) , and they insulting/mock it all the time .
In my experience (history) in chat with non-muslims , some people refer it to Idol , and some others said to Allah mean the moon , some said it's mean "camel" ....etc

as you knw Arabic is semitic langauge , it's a sister with Aramaic and Hebrew ,
the Aramaic is the langauge of Jesus (pbuh) ,and Hebrew is language OT

In Aramaic Jesus (pbuh) called God "Elahi" , and Hebrew they called God "Eloah"

I don't blame the atheists if they insult Allah/God , because they don't believe in God/Allah any way .
what i blame here some christians , and some believers in God/Allah in other religions .
Is this allowed? It seems to be attacking everyone who is not Islam?

Iti oj

Premium Member
Is this allowed? It seems to be attacking everyone who is not Islam?
no his post is fine its not written in an inflammatory or insulting way...
now back to the op
is Allah and allah two different things? the first one be God the second would be refering to a god? like God is vs the god did

Godobeyer

Premium Member
so allah is the god. but since the gods name is the god, its also a proper noun>?

for my opinion it's a proper noun in definite form Allah to the only creator, but if it' used in form non-definit as Elah, it's maybe take other meaning of God .

for exemple:
in this verse of Quran ,Allah considerate whom follow his desire all the time , as "desire worshiper" which mean that person considerate his desire as God , he do what ever his desire want ,his logos is "just do it "

45-23
Hast thou seen him who maketh his desire his god, and Allah sendeth him astray purposely, and sealeth up his hearing and his heart, and setteth on his sight a covering? Then who will lead him after Allah (hath condemned him)? Will ye not then heed?

Iti oj

Premium Member
for my opinion it's a proper noun in definite form Allah to the only creator, but if it' used in form non-definit as Elah, it's maybe take other meaning of God .

for exemple:
in this verse of Quran ,Allah considerate whom follow his desire all the time , as "desire worshiper" which mean that person considerate his desire as God , he do what ever his desire want ,his logos is "just do it "

45-23
Hast thou seen him who maketh his desire his god, and Allah sendeth him astray purposely, and sealeth up his hearing and his heart, and setteth on his sight a covering? Then who will lead him after Allah (hath condemned him)? Will ye not then heed?
i would think his desire his god would be illah. but since allah and Allah are two different things i suppouse this changes things.

I care

This word which some western people hate it (especialy the Christians) , and they insulting/mock it all the time .
absolutly not ,no i don't mean that , what i mean, that i am supprise when i found some one especialy the christians insutling Allah
Maybe I'm just sensitive, but these 2 posts look inflammatory and insulting to Christians

Iti oj

Premium Member
i care i think the message that godobyer is trying to put on is he does not understand how/why a christian could insult Allah since Allah is God

Godobeyer

Premium Member
i would think his desire his god would be illah. but since allah and Allah are two different things i suppouse this changes things.
thats correct some how .
Allah (in definite form) is the context of God in arabic , that's why arabic christains and jews use it to call God .
it's refer to whom ,want to considerate some thing as God .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
the looks like nothing more then an ignorant slander site.
as I told in the begining of this thread , i faced a bad experience in chat with some christians , when they always insutling and mocking with Allah word .

even here in this forum ,sometimes i met some christians spoke to me like this:
" your Allah " or "your God Allah" ....etc

Iti oj

Premium Member
3 questions godobeyer
so just say i wanted to say god of the trees would i use illah or allah?
now fi i said this tree is god. allah Allah or illah.
if i said this tree is a god? illah allah Allah?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
3 questions godobeyer

The word Ilah, means God, the word Allah is a name of God.

I think the term God has been in use mostly after the separation of state and church, Christians (I could be wrong) tend to call God, the Father, or the Lord, or Jesus etc. Non-christians do not believe in that 'Father', therefore, the general word of referring to such a being is God and doesn't necessarily refer to the Christian or Islamic God.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
3 questions godobeyer
I think eselam knows better than me in this case .
I guess "Allah" is specific name of God in arabic for the creator , illah is such god considered by anyone as the tree as you said . (as the desire exemple)
as the Christain considerate God is the holy trinity which are one God.

my point is :
it's seems that the name Elah "which is close in spelling to Allah" ,is farvorite name choiced by God to him self, and it's a commun name used by the three semitics langauges (arabic hebrew,aramiac)

Status
Not open for further replies.