• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah the Arabic name of GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
in Arabic Bible (the christians arabic) they used the word "Allah" to call God
in the Bible of Hebrew or aramaic maybe you will "Eloah or Elohim" or "Elah " which are close to the meaning and spelling to Arabic once .
ok, thank you friend. could you see my other post and tell me if i got everything right?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
no the cat would be illah and many of them would be aaliha.. Allah means the god.
this post ?
that's right , but , if you want to make a cow or cat or anything else as God , you will called it "Allah" in Arabic .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
right but why would some one want to do that.?
it's because two things one maybe you believe in it , other not ,
the desire , follow his desire , which sometimes make it equal to God , "his god is woman lust" or "drinking" ...etc
the other thing is the Satan ,which want us to pray other Gods beside our creator .

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
it's because two things one maybe you believe in it , other not ,
the desire , follow his desire , which sometimes make it equal to God , "his god is woman lust" or "drinking" ...etc
the other thing is the Satan ,which want us to pray other God beside our creator .
well i would say both you and me are illah but would not call either of us or anyone else Allah. also in your other example i think the term illah would be more implied then to call those things Allah

Godobeyer

Premium Member
well i would say both you and me are illah but would not call either of us or anyone else Allah. also in your other example i think the term illah would be more implied then to call those things Allah

illah or Elah or ilah non-definitin words of the word God in arabic (Allah)
Al- is the definite article in Arabic ,as "the " in English .

Iti oj

Premium Member
illah or Elah or ilah non-definitin words of the word God in arabic (Allah)
Al- is the definite article in Arabic ,as "the " in English .
i know, that's my point people would not say to a gambler gambling is God they would say that gamblers god is gambling.so the word illah would be more applicable. of course their are alwsy people claiming to be "the god" akka God allah Jehovia elah etc etc, but usaly people say the god of or my god. not God/Allah so i would use illah as a more relevant word to use. if english speakers do say the Allah of something its due to a lack of knowing the word illah.

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
This word which some western people hate it (especialy the Christians) , and they insulting/mock it all the time .
In my experience (history) in chat with non-muslims , some people refer it to Idol , and some others said to Allah mean the moon , some said it's mean "camel" ....etc

as you knw Arabic is semitic langauge , it's a sister with Aramaic and Hebrew ,
the Aramaic is the langauge of Jesus (pbuh) ,and Hebrew is language OT

In Aramaic Jesus (pbuh) called God "Elahi" , and Hebrew they called God "Eloah"

I don't blame the atheists if they insult Allah/God , because they don't believe in God/Allah any way .
what i blame here some christians , and some believers in God/Allah in other religions .
Jews don't say the name, Christians say Jesus, and Muslims say Allah. Why it matters, who knows? None hold an overwhelming "truth" to mean anything. Just find what helps you and go on with your life.

I honestly think some, including I, take religion way to serious and yearn to prove themselves the universally "right" one.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
you one of the victimes !!! , this is misuderdanding not understanding .
that what make you many people misunderstand the word "Allah", I am Arabic , if i am considerate a cat or anything as "God " , i will call it "Allah", did you get my point ?
they considerate many Idols as Gods (ALLAHs) , they worshiped them and they called each one of them , (Allah) , "GOD"

yeah Al-, is mean "the" , it's arabic definition article to any name .

as you say, there are many allah's (gods), so how do you differentiate between the God you serve and the many false idol gods in the world?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
as you say, there are many allah's (gods), so how do you differentiate between the God you serve and the many false idol gods in the world?
this is up to you , and what you believe , to make anything , even a car , as God , which you will call it God in english , and Allah in arabic
the language is changed (Allah, God, Dieu ....etc ), the context is the same .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Jews don't say the name, Christians say Jesus, and Muslims say Allah. Why it matters, who knows? None hold an overwhelming "truth" to mean anything. Just find what helps you and go on with your life.

I honestly think some, including I, take religion way to serious and yearn to prove themselves the universally "right" one.
Edited :then what you say ?
ُ
I know that you using many names to call God .
don't you called , God in Hebrew , "Eloah" , and "Elohim" , this two names of God
are close to spelling to "Allah" , no ?

this site offer the spelling of the Hebrew words Eloah and Elah and Elohim ;)
I know that some people would be shocked here :)
The Aramaic Name for God - Elah
The Hebrew Name for God - Elohim

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
they what you say ?
ُEdited :
I know that you using many names to call God .
don't you called , God in Hebrew , "Eloah" , and "Elohim" , this two names of God
are close to spelling to "Allah" , no ?

this site offer the spelling of the Hebrew words Eloah and Elah and Elohim ;)
I know that some people would be shocked here :)
The Aramaic Name for God - Elah
The Hebrew Name for God - Elohim

These are more or less tittles. Not the unspeakable name of God.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So basically i was right,the God before Islam and the God after Islam.

Not only before islam,but even before the first Abrahamic religion Judaism that god
was called ilah or allah,but how ilah or allah changed to god in christianity.

Any idea over there,can anyone explain it,or the origin of the word god which actually
should be ilah or allah.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Not only before islam,but even before the first Abrahamic religion Judaism that god
was called ilah or allah,but how ilah or allah changed to god in christianity.

Any idea over there,can anyone explain it,or the origin of the word god which actually
should be ilah or allah

Is it suppose to be? Should it be and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.