• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah, the only Creator.

REASON_236

Islam claims that Allah is the creator of the universe. and as a monotheistic religion, Islam claims that there is one creator. it also claims that he is not begotten and does not beget. kindly, express your ideas of what a creator(s) might be. and if a creator exists in the first place.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Surah 2
Ayatul Kursi
255. Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).

Surah 112

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
4. And there is none like unto Him.

Surah 59

22. Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
23. Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah. (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.
24. He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

hope you don't mind me posting them.

REASON_236

allah is the arabic term for god?

la ilaha ill allah, there is no other god but god?

Allah is god's name. ilah is something that is worshiped. it can be anything, Zeus is an ilah the sun is an ilah etc. the ilah of Islam is called Allah. a Muslim can say al ilah Zeus referring to something that is worshiped by the greek and not necessarily believe in him as a real god.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
arabic term for god is allah
so, god's name = god?
ilah is something that is worshiped = god
and thus 'there is no god but god'?

ilah is something that can be worshiped, yes. Allah is the only thing (one) that must be worshiped. there is a difference nameless.

REASON_236

so, god's name = god? and thus 'there is no god but god'?

if solomon was the only king on earth you would say 'there is no king but solomon' it doesn't mean that solomon's name was 'king'. ilah is like a title there is no ilah but Allah means that there is only one ilah in existence and his name is allah.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
so, god's name = god?
ilah is something that is worshiped = god
and thus 'there is no god but god'?

arabic term for the only one who must be worshiped is Allah. the term for god is ilah. hence la ilaha il allah. there is no god but Allah.

nameless

The Creator
ilah is something that can be worshiped, yes. Allah is the only thing (one) that must be worshiped. there is a difference nameless.

already explained that

ilah is something that can be worshiped = god, is this wrong?

Allah = Arabic term for god = god, wrong?

so both, ilah and allah means god, so it is 'there is no god but god'.

REASON_236

make that true ilah. there is only one true ilah in existence and his name is Allah.

if there are other kings bisides solomon, and i say in arabic 'la malik illa sulaiman' literally translated, it means that there is no king but solomon. which is not true. but intended meaning is there is no true king but solomon.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
kindly, express your ideas of what a creator(s) might be. and if a creator exists in the first place.

To me, the 'Creator' is the Source of Everything.
That is the very basic concept.
My beliefs then become more complex based on my experiences and religious education. The 'Creator' is eternal. He/She/It can never be created or destroyed. The 'Creator' is the very essense of all existence. From the 'Creator' is manifest everything that is. And thus, everything is a part of the Creator. The way I see it, everything is an expansion or extension of some aspect of the Source. The material universe is simply one facet or expression of the Source/Creator.

<---my beliefs.

REASON_236

Allah is a proper noun your name is 'nameless' and u r a human. u r a human called nameless. Allah is an ilah called Allah and he happens to be the only ilah.

nameless

The Creator
if solomon was the only king on earth you would say 'there is no king but solomon' it doesn't mean that solomon's name was 'king'. ilah is like a title there is no ilah but Allah means that there is only one ilah in existence and his name is allah.

but king is not the meaning of solomon, solomon is just a name.
but in case allah, its meaning in arabic is god.

REASON_236

To me, the 'Creator' is the Source of Everything.
That is the very basic concept.
My beliefs then become more complex based on my experiences and religious education. The 'Creator' is eternal. He/She/It can never be created or destroyed. The 'Creator' is the very essense of all existence. From the 'Creator' is manifest everything that is. And thus, everything is a part of the Creator. The way I see it, everything is an expansion or extension of some aspect of the Source. The material universe is simply one facet or expression of the Source/Creator.

<---my beliefs.

do u think that the creator has a mind of his/her/it's own or is it just a 'source'. hence does it have a purpose of creation? did it set a unified law,commandments, guidelines? or everyone has to find it on his own?