• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

Shermana

Heretic
There's a specific commandment to not treat one wife better than the other. Quite a bit different than "Do not marry another wife". If God didn't want it, allow it, or considered it a sin, instead of saying "Do not love one wife more than the other" it would read "Do not marry more than one wife at a time".

If God considered polygamy a sin, He wouldn't have struck Miriam for just commenting on Moses's Cu****e wife's Cushness.
If God thought polygamy was ok, he would have supplied Adam with many wives thus preventing Adam from marrying his daughters.
So you're saying that God thought incest was okay but not polygamy? Or do I misunderstand? If God thought Polygamy was not okay, He wouldn't have chosen a polygamous union to create the 12 tribes of Israel. He definitely wouldn't have made commandments about how to handle your two wives if you weren't to have them to begin with.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hi, I have seen all the info on the rapture. Thanks! It is very easy to study the massive changes to very early Christian beleifs to now. It is a maze of confusion and add ons and take aways. The rapture is another product of that. You can actually see where it starts and how it got started etc. I don't buy into dispesational teaching as well, it is though instrumental in your stated beliefs. Most dispensational teachers also teach immortal soul, physical body ressurection, hell, rapture etc. Of course everyone says the Bible teaches it, we have thousands of teachings all supposedly that the Bible teaches. It's fine, it is just how it is. Thanks for your response.

It is difficult to believe that there are massive changes in belief. One would hope that there would be progress in understanding scripture but it seems regression is just as likely.

However if one examines the scripture instead of going by other people's thinking, there is a lot less confusion.

There is after all a rationale for dispensational thining. It is just the teaching by a certain group that I find erroneous.

It is a mixed bag. no doubt some of the teaching is correct and some isn't.

I see that a lot of that along with "it's clear" or "it's obvious." Some people don't think they have to prove anything because their opinion is the correct one.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Are you aware of the different meanings of the word "hell" in the past?
Are you aware that no such word is found in the early manuscripts of the scriptures?
You can look up every word they translated or replaced from the original word they had in place and none of them have anything to do with this "hell" you speak of.

This verse makes it quite clear that Hell is a place of fire: Mat 5:22 but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.

The equivalent place in Greek is Hades. That is probably the word you would find in the original text.

Muffled

Jesus in me
your thinking is wrong . the spirit is not alive. if its not alive then it can not die

That depends on what you mean by alive. If you are referring to a physical life, the eanswer is that the spirit is not one. However a spirit has a life of its own in the sense of being conscious.

Muffled

Jesus in me
This sheol that people have turned into "hell" contains dead/sleep people NOT living souls.

"The soul that sins, IT SHALL DIE" (Ezek. 18:20)

For the living know that they shall die but the dead know not anything…" (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

lest I sleep the sleep of death" (Psalm 13:3)

"Our friend Lazarus sleeps: but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep" (John 11:11)

for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave [Heb: sheol], where you go"(Ecclesiastes 9:10)

I will RANSOM them from the power of the grave [Heb: sheol]; I will REDEEM them from death (Hosea 13:14).

Despite the erroneous JW thinking about soul sleep, sheol and Hell are not synonymous. Jews never buried their dead in a place of fire.

This is all old testament thinking. A person sleeps if he expects to sleep and they did. Now with Jesus having been raised from the dead and having been know to be active while dead, it is revealed that souls don't have to sleep if they don't want to.
Also now Jesus has opened the door to Heaven for those who wish to spend time there.

kylixguru

This verse makes it quite clear that Hell is a place of fire: Mat 5:22 but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.

The equivalent place in Greek is Hades. That is probably the word you would find in the original text.
Hell is simply the state of being spiritually dead.
What it means to be spiritually dead is to be divested of truth.
Being dammned in hell simply means you are hung up thinking something is true that isn't.

A person (in terms of a distinct entity of consciousness) can be:
physically alive and spiritually alive
physically alive and spiritually dead
physically dead and spiritually alive
physically dead and spiritually dead

Shermana

Heretic
Being dammned in hell simply means you are hung up thinking something is true that isn't.

There seems to be an in-between time in a literal fire....The Book of Enoch sums it up as sins must be burned off before moving on to the next phase.

Once again your using the word "hell" and it is not used ever in the scriptures. "Hell" is a word and a doctrine was attached to it.

Fire used in scriptures is not the same as the idea that is attached to "hell" The scriptures do not teach that.

Look at this translation of the Young's Literal : but I -- I say to you, that every one who is angry at his brother without cause, shall be in danger of the judgment, and whoever may say to his brother, Empty fellow! shall be in danger of the sanhedrim, and whoever may say, Rebel! shall be in danger of the gehenna of the fire.

Fire purifies and refines, it is sad to see that Christ who taught love, mercy and hope is now been polluted by false traditions who now say Christ is a torturer who will have people be in an literal fire for all eternity. No person can move ahead unless they get past that shameful teaching. They are those who say "love your enemy" and yet at the same time preach to us that God will burn people in a hell for eternity. They have made God to be a most vile and carnal creature. This is fashioned out of the heart of the individual of course and not the scriptures.

Despite the erroneous JW thinking about soul sleep, sheol and Hell are not synonymous. Jews never buried their dead in a place of fire.

This is all old testament thinking. A person sleeps if he expects to sleep and they did. Now with Jesus having been raised from the dead and having been know to be active while dead, it is revealed that souls don't have to sleep if they don't want to.
Also now Jesus has opened the door to Heaven for those who wish to spend time there.

The scriptures that were quoted are clear, it is not a JW thinking thing, nor do I belong to that group. Your correct that sheol is not connected with "hell." This "hell" is not in scripture! Your being fooled by translations and the idea that was attached to that word "hell." Where now do you get your info about "souls don't have to sleep if they don't want to"?? Now your talking about going to heaven also I see. Yet we have no one going to this "heaven" in scripture. Once again an idea has been attached to a word and people run with it. Did you know that the word heaven is actually plural? The Kingdom of Heavens has many parables taught in the scripture and notice it has nothing to do with the cloud sitting, harp playing and watching people below burning in a hell idea either.

Luke 17:21 nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God/Kingdom of heaven is within you.'

In Western countries(Christian Majority)----Adultery is common

Now according to the Bible almost every Christian is going to Hell

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matthew 12:31-32)

This is the only thing you would go to hell for the rest is forgiven.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I don't believe that I have seen any evidence for this. Every mention of Hell that I have seen describes a place. In my estimation fire is not a spiritual condition but a physical one. I believe once a person is physically consumed by fire, the spirit still exists in the fire and is aware of it.

I don't believe there is any evidence to support this concept.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There seems to be an in-between time in a literal fire....The Book of Enoch sums it up as sins must be burned off before moving on to the next phase.

I don't believe in giving credence to extra-Biblical texts. This appears to be the reasoniin of men rather than the word of God. As far as I know nothing can burn off sins. I could postulate that the punishment might cause some to repent their sins but I believe regrettably some spirits are extremely stubborn.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Once again your using the word "hell" and it is not used ever in the scriptures. "Hell" is a word and a doctrine was attached to it.

Fire used in scriptures is not the same as the idea that is attached to "hell" The scriptures do not teach that.

Look at this translation of the Young's Literal : but I -- I say to you, that every one who is angry at his brother without cause, shall be in danger of the judgment, and whoever may say to his brother, Empty fellow! shall be in danger of the sanhedrim, and whoever may say, Rebel! shall be in danger of the gehenna of the fire.

Fire purifies and refines, it is sad to see that Christ who taught love, mercy and hope is now been polluted by false traditions who now say Christ is a torturer who will have people be in an literal fire for all eternity. No person can move ahead unless they get past that shameful teaching. They are those who say "love your enemy" and yet at the same time preach to us that God will burn people in a hell for eternity. They have made God to be a most vile and carnal creature. This is fashioned out of the heart of the individual of course and not the scriptures.

My understanding is that Gehenna was an actual place where refuse was burned in fire. I believe it is highly unlikely that Jesus is talking about a literal danger of being sent to the dump but is using it as a metaphor of Hell.

Mr 9:43 And if thy hand cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life maimed, rather than having thy two hands to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire.

This particular word amplifies that Hell is not the same place as Gehenna because theoretically Gehenna could be extinguished.

Shermana

Heretic
My understanding is that Gehenna was an actual place where refuse was burned in fire. I believe it is highly unlikely that Jesus is talking about a literal danger of being sent to the dump but is using it as a metaphor of Hell.

Mr 9:43 And if thy hand cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life maimed, rather than having thy two hands to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire.

This particular word amplifies that Hell is not the same place as Gehenna because theoretically Gehenna could be extinguished.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, there is no evidence whatsoever for this canard that Gehenna was just a place for burning fire until the 1200s, virtually ALL the earlier Jewish writings unanimously identified this place as a real actual spiritual existence for naughty souls who get burned. It was only later that "rationalists" trying to undo all the "mystical" elements of the religion tried to say it was just a place of refuse burning.

Muffled

Jesus in me
As I've mentioned elsewhere, there is no evidence whatsoever for this canard that Gehenna was just a place for burning fire until the 1200s, virtually ALL the earlier Jewish writings unanimously identified this place as a real actual spiritual existence for naughty souls who get burned. It was only later that "rationalists" trying to undo all the "mystical" elements of the religion tried to say it was just a place of refuse burning.

Are those extra-Biblical writings?

That would not surprise me, since I believe there is no dearth of people willing to rationalize away the Bible.

I believe that it is a spiritual existence because anything fleshy would be burned up. However I do believe the place has physical fire.

Shermana

Heretic
Are those extra-Biblical writings?

Yes, but what exactly constitutes "The Bible" is not necessarily "The only canon there is and ever was". There are references to scriptures even in the NT that are not found in the traditional canon, so its a moot point Especially if you want historical context to examine how ancient writings were perceived.

. Likewise, the idea that Gehenna was just a valley for burning fire has no scriptural basis either. None. And there's barely any rationalization for this idea until the medieval times. It apparently never entered Jewish thought until long after the "Official Bible" had circulated from the evidence at least. You'd think we'd find some Rabbis mentioning it before hand, whereas it seems hell and Sheol were very real places for them for most of their history.

That would not surprise me, since I believe there is no dearth of people willing to rationalize away the Bible.

Me neither. Rationalists have long attempted to do away with the supernatural aspects.
I believe that it is a spiritual existence because anything fleshy would be burned up. However I do believe the place has physical fire.

Spiritual existence, like a dream, may have a real, tangible component to it even if there is no flesh involved.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, but what exactly constitutes "The Bible" is not necessarily "The only canon there is and ever was". There are references to scriptures even in the NT that are not found in the traditional canon, so its a moot point Especially if you want historical context to examine how ancient writings were perceived.

. Likewise, the idea that Gehenna was just a valley for burning fire has no scriptural basis either. None. And there's barely any rationalization for this idea until the medieval times. It apparently never entered Jewish thought until long after the "Official Bible" had circulated from the evidence at least. You'd think we'd find some Rabbis mentioning it before hand, whereas it seems hell and Sheol were very real places for them for most of their history.

Me neither. Rationalists have long attempted to do away with the supernatural aspects.

Spiritual existence, like a dream, may have a real, tangible component to it even if there is no flesh involved.

It is difficult for me to construe what you mean by tangible in this regard.

I beleive tHere is evidence that a spirit has intelligence and can be aware of physical events.