• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am i going to hell?

From a religious point of view, i do not want a rosy diplomatic "no, because your so nice," answer.

I am a hindu and i worship idols. I doubt jesus and muhammed. I know teh answer is yes, but still just wondering.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
From a religious point of view, i do not want a rosy diplomatic "no, because your so nice," answer.

I am a hindu and i worship idols. I doubt jesus and muhammed. I know teh answer is yes, but still just wondering.

Of course you're going to hell, Penguino: You participate on RF, don't you?

tomspug

Absorbant
The way I define hell (which is not necessarily different from the common interpretation) is eternal separation from a loving God.

Look at it this way. If you accept the concept of sin, then our physical (mortal) bodies and our metaphysical (immortal) souls are both separated from God. Our bodies bind us to earth, which is a creation of God made out of love, so we are still able to experience Him, even if we don't know Him.

In this way, people with any religion or no religion can still experience the creation of a loving God.

But if our bodies are cursed with mortality, then we cannot remain on earth once our immortal souls are all we have. Effectively, it is life that we cling to, because it is the only thing that keeps us in any proximity to God.

Once we die, our eternal souls are eternally separated from God. You can call hell a void, or a place set aside with fire and brimstone, whatever, but to me that is what hell means. It is the absence not only of God but of the comforts (or gifts) that we have here on earth.

Do forgicve if i am being rude, but i did say no diplomatic asnwers. A straight your practices are evil and you will go to hell will not offend me, if anything, i would be more satisfied.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Penguino, it is not for Christian's to judge you. Honestly, I cannot say you will burn in hell or not for being a Hindu. Anyone who would say this is being judgmental and are condemning themselves to the same hell right along with the person they judge.

I trust the Lord will be fair in his judgement and it is my greatest hope to see us both in heaven brother. You never know, perhaps I will go to hell and you will meet the father. That is for him to decide. I believe God sent many messengers in many forms in an effort to makes us all better people.

jolakoturinn

Panem angelorum
Err... no is the answer (I think!).

Heck, I only have my own religion to go on, but certainly Catholicism does place a caveat of sorts on the whole thing:
Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation. (Catechism, n. 847

gnomon

You might end up in a different state in which you twidle you thumbs indefinitely until Jesus opens the hatch and says ..."It's allright guys. The suns up."

Don't worry. As far as hell matters if you end up there I will as well and I can play a mean game of spades.

Plus, I'll bring those special cards as well.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress

You worship idols yes... but you are monotheistic and believe that those idols are all god and that god is in everything. Your dieties are simply different expressions of God/Brahman, and so is everything and everyone else, including Muhammad and Jesus. Correct?

Doubting thier absolute truth does not mean you ignore the good lessons and messages they taught. Do not believe you are going to hell because you might just create one accidentally for yourself by doing so...

Therefore, no I do not believe you are going to end up hell, unless of course you believe that yourself;)

~*~Wuv u my wittle fluffy penguin~*~

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You will never, ever get a rosy diplomatic "no, because you're so nice" answer from me. I'm not a rosy, diplomatic kind of person. You'll get a "no, because you're one of God's children and He loves you" answer from me. As to why He does, don't ask me. He can't help Himself. He's perfect and His love is unconditional.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
There are so many definitions of Hell. No you wont go to outerdarkness, only very few people will go there. Yes you will go to Spirit Prison. But after that you will be resurrected you will go to one of the Kingdoms of Glory God has prepared for all his Children.

Popeyesays

No. Because there is no such place.

Regards,
Scott

Somkid

Don't worry you will be in good company.
"I rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints"
Billy Joel.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Be serious, Penguino, I haven't the slightest idea if you're to "hell" or not. There are some things that only God knows.
I won't say a rosy "no, of course not" or a mean "yeah, you better get used to the idea". The simple answer I have is I don't know, and I will never know.

blackout

Violet.
Am I going to hell?

Oh whatever.
Live your life alive, awake and vital in every moment.
Embrace the mystery! Create something wonderful!
Love freely and give without worry.
Know your own majik.
Know the majik of God/the Living UniVerse in and around you.

Embrace life.

All this worrying about hell stuff is such a waste of life.

FFH

Veteran Member
There are so many definitions of Hell. No you wont go to outerdarkness, only very few people will go there. Yes you will go to Spirit Prison. But after that you will be resurrected you will go to one of the Kingdoms of Glory God has prepared for all his Children.
Great LDS answer, and this is correct doctrine, however, those who do not believe in Jesus Christ and/or those who do not repent of their sins, will spend time paying for their own sins in hell.

Better to believe in Christ and turn from sin now, rather than suffer in hell for our own unrepentant sins.

There's no way to sugar coat the doctrines of hell found in the Bible and in LDS scripture.

This scriptures says it all.

2 Nephi 12
9 Yea, and there shall be many which shall say, Eat, drink, and be merry, for to-morrow we die: and it shall be well with us.
10 And there shall also be many which shall say, Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God, he will justify in committing a little sin: yea, lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this.
11 And do all these things, for to-morrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.
12 Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, false, and vain, and foolish doctrines, and shall be puffed up in their hearts, and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord; and their works shall be in the dark; and the blood of the saints shall cry from the ground against them.
13 Yea, they have all gone out of the way; they have become corrupted.
14 Because of pride, and because of false teachers, and false doctrine, their churches have become corrupted; and their churches are lifted up; because of pride, they are puffed up.