• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I going to hell?

Darkwater

I believe in re-incarnation .... or rather I believe that I am an INCARNATION.

So we have re-incarnation, incarnation and carnation...well, seems like we are all going around in circles for now....collect 200 bucks when you get to the beginning and 500 bucks when you get to the end.;)

So then...do you care to share with me, where i can find the...'reason for your birth thread'?

Well,everything is in the *current*,the here & now,all carnations are running simultaneous with varying degree's of success or otherwise,there is nothing new under the sun only resonating at different frequencies that we can tune into if we try.

First you must defy gravity,nothing stupid like jumping off of a building lemming style,just overcome yourself,like Neitche did & Zoroaster stuff teach.

Want me to tell you what to tell *him* when he shows himself to you?(as he surely will?)

In great love,

Andy

If you don't he jumps on your back & weighs you down,takes the form of a half man half mole.(your own personal apep.)

What

Last edited:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd even be so bold to say that worshiping Jesus is idolatrous, because Jesus himself, as far as I remember, never claimed divinity
He accepted worship... Thomas called him "My lord and my God"

Emperor Constantine when he canonized Christianity as the founder of the Catholic faith
Constantine did not found the Catholic faith, and he did not "go with the latter so everyone could believe the same thing"... and even if he did "go with the latter" it would not have mattered to the Christians a whit what Constantine thought...

When Constantine converted to the Catholic faith, he convened a council where all the Church leaders could openly discuss the faith... and for what it is worth, from my memory Constantine was an Arian lean on that issue...

Darkwater

Neitche calls him gravity,he takes the form of a half man/half mole,he is unpleasant & jumps on your back to weigh you down when you *sieze the moment*.

If he does,approach him in love(as you do naturally),show him how far you have come on your path(turn around & point,your path is there!),show him how far you still have to go.(point upwards,like a golden staircase stretching for miles)

Then he helps you & .....you tell me ;) ,if you like.(you think I am wacky enough already lulz)

Indeed...

So you believe that asking the saints to pray for you is worship?
No because I'm not worshiping them, however I don't see how they'd have any more "brownie points" in terms of asking God for things versus myself or anyone else. Aren't we all equal no matter what in God's eyes? Btw, I never did, even when I was a Catholic ask the saints to pray for me.:shrug:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
No because I'm not worshiping them
;) :D So, we come back to why you think it is idolatry if it is not worship...

I don't see how they'd have any more "brownie points" in terms of asking God for things versus myself or anyone else.
It isn't nessecarily "brownie points" as much as the Bible saying "the prayers of a righteous man availeth much" and how the Bible exhorts us to pray for one another... It is the same as asking your neighbor, a relative, members of your congregation to pray for you...

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
He accepted worship... Thomas called him "My lord and my God"

Hmm... So Thomas called Jesus God... did Jesus himself say he was God?

Constantine did not found the Catholic faith, and he did not "go with the latter so everyone could believe the same thing"... and even if he did "go with the latter" it would not have mattered to the Christians a whit what Constantine thought...

I think the Gnostics would have something to say about that...

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm... So Thomas called Jesus God... did Jesus himself say he was God?
Not in so many words...

In the Bible, he calls he says he is present in past times "before Abraham was I am", calls himself the "Alpha and Omega", forgives sins, gives other people the authority to forgive sins...

hmmm, I do not think it's idolatry unless it's worship
Fair enough, unless it is worship in their heart/mind you wouldn't consider it idolatry?

I just don't believe in asking the saints to pray for me...why the saints?
I understand, as I said, it isn't for me either... but why not the saints? Even though I don't do it I don't find it any different than asking someone next door to pray for you...

Darkwater

Anyone who is asking themselves these questions maybe just awakening to the fact that they are there already,in that someone or something has dumped them there.

Identifying your 9 spheres or alternate realities(it awakens 9 parts of the brain.core thought too) alerts you to things & you can climb them like a ladder out of the pit.

Check out Jacob's ladder,read that & meditate too.
It's magick.

In great love,

Andy

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
If you believe the words of the bible take comfort in this from John chapter 3:
"[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Because I'm not a Catholic anymore, and because I don't pray to Mary? Please help me overcome this anxiety that I have over hell!:shout Everyday I think I'm going to die and go to hell.:eek:
You have my love, ChristianGirl. If so, consider what you have from God, who is Love.

... I'm no longer Catholic because in a way I feel that praying to Mary is violating God's word, ....
Your action seems to me to be in unity with God for you as best you can determine.

One way (not suitable for everyone) to overcome your anxiety, any suffering, and separation from God is to look within and examine the ego that is responsible for the negativities. In my view, the best writing about how to do this is by Eckhart Tolle in his book, "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose."

Thinking of you,
a..1

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Not in so many words...
In the Bible, he calls he says he is present in past times "before Abraham was I am", calls himself the "Alpha and Omega", forgives sins, gives other people the authority to forgive sins...

That second one about alpha and omega is from Revelations, and if you follow my posts, I don't believe that to be divinely inspired. Let's not forget that in the Gospels, Jesus said, "And many will come in my name, saying I am He, and shall deceive many." (Matt 24:5) I believe that the person who came to John was such.

As for the passage from the Gospel of John... in the beginning of John, it states that before everything was a Word: the Word of God. This to me indicates that there wasn't an actual entity called Jesus back then, but it was the literal Word of God. Literally the words and wisdom of God. Therefore Jesus is a... radio of sorts, of the wisdom of God. So when Jesus said that, he meant that he, as the Word not an entity, was there.

As for forgiving sins, anyone can do that. I can forgive someone for sinning against me; I don't need a god for that for me. Forgiveness to me is about expelling your own hatred and has little to nothing to do with the other person. If the person I'm forgiving hears that I've forgiven them, they might feel like they have a clean slate, as the burden of shame is no longer on them, for they know that the one whom they sinned against bears no grudge. Therefore if someone sins against God, then he himself forgives sins, and when Jesus was alive, he spoke for God. So when God forgave someone, Jesus relayed the message to the sinner. The others were given the same privilege.