• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancient Reality

GoodAttention

@GoodAttention

Red soil desert, black soil fertile

I think red soil means clay soil, not desert. To me, desert is the "complete absence of soil", or "sandy soil" if there is such a term.

Clay soil has positives and negatives, in that plants can be grown in clay soil, but there is always a chance it can become waterlogged. Clay soil is much harder to till also.

Black soil on the other hand would be a farmer's dream.

Is southern India red soil too?

View attachment 96947

Red and black soil would vary in almost all locations around the world depending on many factors, but in the Sahara the distinct "start and finish" between fertile soil and barren sand would be more obvious.

Perhaps the boundary or frontier was demarcated by the usefulness of the ground, meaning Egypt's (practical) borders stretched as far as crops could grow, but their sphere of influence, particularly considering the Levant or Canaan was much larger.

Last edited:

River Sea

I think red soil means clay soil, not desert. To me, desert is the "complete absence of soil", or "sandy soil" if there is such a term.

Clay soil has positives and negatives, in that plants can be grown in clay soil, but there is always a chance it can become waterlogged. Clay soil is much harder to till also.

Black soil on the other hand would be a farmer's dream.

Oh, and I just noticed that we have another mismatch in the timeline... if the Israelites escape Egypt at the end of the reign of Amenhotep III and then start taking over their promised land according to the Amarna letters, your god has miraculously shrunken their 40 year desert wanderings to less than twenty. (The start of their desert trip would have to coincide with the death of Amenhotep III if he was the famous exodus pharao. His son Akhenaten ruled 17 years, and Amarna fell into ruins very shortly after his death, so the Amarna correspondence cannot be younger than this.)

Example word desert: @Tamino wrote, "your god has miraculously shrunken their 40 year desert wandering to less than twenty."

What if this desert is clay? Or was that actually desert? What type of soil?

What is desert compared to clay?

cladking

Unfortunately the data and methods of gathering them are poorly explained making interpretation difficult but none of the data are actually consistent with Egyptological theory. Not only is the onset of copper contamination too early and erratic but it is lingering long after significant tool usage. This says that the copper was from another source which I predicted years ago because there was copper sulfate that came up in the water. This copper was changed to copper hydroxide and various copper oxides and much of it deposited in the ground and the river. Complicating factors are the construction of causeways and funiculars which channeled the copper to the river or toward the north in the case of funiculars.

The water was used for various purposes and shipped off as well. I will be trying to get better explanations and quantification on the graphs. The second graph down should have all the necessary information and is more believable than the others.

This will start getting interesting pretty soon.

cladking

@cladking did the Pyramid help soil be black because the pyramid help water the ground?

Yes. There's no question that several of the functions of the pyramids included use or distribution of water and this includes at least limited irrigation.

1394a. To say: The earth is hacked by the hoe;
1394b. the wdn.t-offering is made; the earth of Tbi is broken up;
1394c. the two nomes of the god shout before [the king] as he descends into the earth.

The ground is plowed preparatory to the entrance of the king as water. The "wdn.t-offering" is each individual load of about 20 tons of water from the linear funicular.

I am amazed Egyptologists can't read this even after I have explained it to them ad nauseum.

But two things here; The soil here was mostly poor quality which was ideal for the plants they were growing. Principally they were growing grapes and sycamore figs but additionally there was a great deal of less intentional irrigation of acacia trees, papyrus, and even some emmer. This entire garden in the Giza vicinity was only about .75 square miles with a quarter sq mile of it to the NE in the valley. It is unlikely that any blackness in the soil here affected the language.

River Sea

Unfortunately the data and methods of gathering them are poorly explained making interpretation difficult but none of the data are actually consistent with Egyptological theory. Not only is the onset of copper contamination too early and erratic but it is lingering long after significant tool usage. This says that the copper was from another source which I predicted years ago because there was copper sulfate that came up in the water. This copper was changed to copper hydroxide and various copper oxides and much of it deposited in the ground and the river. Complicating factors are the construction of causeways and funiculars which channeled the copper to the river or toward the north in the case of funiculars.

The water was used for various purposes and shipped off as well. I will be trying to get better explanations and quantification on the graphs. The second graph down should have all the necessary information and is more believable than the others.

This will start getting interesting pretty soon.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala What are your thoughts about copper? Is copper harmful, and if so, how?

@GoodAttention, did they trade copper ever? Is copper harmful, and if so, how?