• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

..and not a drag queen among them.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The OP does suggest the question....
Why only Republicans?
Does this thread exist for something
more than lashing out at the other side?
Clearly, it's highlighting hypocrisy.

Republicans have been accusing drag queens of being groomers and predators, yet whenever arrests for such crimes pop up in the news - surprise! - it's often priests, youth pastors, boy scout leaders, cops, yeehawdists, GOP officials, etc. and never any actual drag queens.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Republicans have been accusing drag queens of being groomers and predators, yet whenever arrests for such crimes pop up in the news - surprise! - it's often priests, youth pastors, boy scout leaders, cops, yeehawdists, GOP officials, etc. and never any actual drag queens.
OK.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

A common phrase I see crop up in lefty circles (American specific)
“Every GOP/conservative accusation is a confession.”

And whilst I don’t think that of every conservative, obviously. It’s just a meme, after all.
I mean it is a bit hard to disagree with the basic premise when you have things like this happening.

InChrist

Free4ever

Thoughts?
I don’t think politics really determines sexual predators or abusers. They are everywhere and whoever they are abhorrent.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Thoughts?
I'll forgo the well known, "WOW! Just like the Democrats"!

Instead, I'll just foreword some additional Democrat names in addition to the Republicans boudoir of naughtiness and debauchery.

NOTE: For Democrats only, not Republicans, it's just called harmless sexual misconduct. Not those other hideous and terrible names often associated with those other folks of political disposition.

1) Anthony Weiner

2) Andrew Coumo

3) Joe Biden...err...whoops.... just a copping a feel. Harmless bloke. Scratch that.

Now where am I? Ahhh....

4) Bill Clinton. Oh... that was just only a staff meeting.

5) AL Franken

6) Eric Massa

7) John Edward's

8) Neil Goldschmidt

9) Paul E Patton

10) Brock Adams

11) AL Gore. Accused but ah... on da list.

12) John Conyers

Among other renowned Democrats .....

Aw screw it. Here's the list....

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'll forgo the well known, "WOW! Just like the Democrats"!

Instead, I'll just foreword some additional Democrat names in addition to the Republicans boudoir of naughtiness and debauchery.

NOTE: For Democrats only, not Republicans, it's just called harmless sexual misconduct. Not those other hideous and terrible names often associated with those other folks of political disposition.

1) Anthony Weiner

2) Andrew Coumo

3) Joe Biden...err...whoops.... just a copping a feel. Harmless bloke. Scratch that.

Now where am I? Ahhh....

4) Bill Clinton. Oh... that was just only a staff meeting.

5) AL Franken

6) Eric Massa

7) John Edward's

8) Neil Goldschmidt

9) Paul E Patton

10) Brock Adams

11) AL Gore. Accused but ah... on da list.

12) John Conyers

Among other renowned Democrats .....

Aw screw it. Here's the list....

None of them were drag queens either, so what's your point?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
None of them were drag queens either, so what's your point?
Well there was this wacky Democrat guy with a fetish for luggage and woman's clothing who ran the spent nuclear rod dept, but no sexual naughtiness, so I guess tha rules him out..

Ah , let me do you a big humongous favor and post the next best thing for ya and anyone else privy to the Republican drag queen scene!

How's that? Pretty good eh?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Thoughts?
Wow Daily Kos. That hate speech site is still around?

In a society that is hyper-focused on sex, and now with freewheeling gender expression, why would it be a surprise that politicians are just as prone to aberrant behavior as the average citizen? If anything, it should be expected.

Exit question (maybe suitable for another thread): Where did people ever get the idea that it was a good idea to take small children to drag shows? What's next Pole Dancer Story Hour? Sex Worker Story Hour? Minor-Attracted Person Story Hour?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Exit question (maybe suitable for another thread): Where did people ever get the idea that it was a good idea to take small children to drag shows? What's next Pole Dancer Story Hour? Sex Worker Story Hour? Minor-Attracted Person Story Hour?
Another question. Do you realize how bigoted that question is?

What is wrong with someone in drag reading to children. In all this time no one has managed to answer that.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Another question. Do you realize how bigoted that question is?
*giggles* Oh, please, do tell. I can't wait to hear this.

What is wrong with someone in drag reading to children. In all this time no one has managed to answer that.
Instead of me telling you why this idiocy is wrong perhaps you could explain to me why this is such a great idea. Am I asking too much?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
*giggles* Oh, please, do tell. I can't wait to hear this.
Comparing people to pedophiles, you don't think that is bigotry? Do I really need to explain that to you?

Instead of me telling you why this idiocy is wrong perhaps you could explain to me why this is such a great idea. Am I asking too much?
I can't believe I need to explain something so obvious. I think it is common sense, but there has been volumes of research done on the benefits of reading to children.

If you want another 50 or 100 links I can do that, easily.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Drag is a deliberately over-sexualised caricature of women. Drag is sexual entertainment for adults portraying a satirical sexual objectification of women. That people don't seem to realise this is the biggest issue here. 15 years or so ago this would have been a huge issue especially for feminists who wouldn't have wanted this anywhere near children.